Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 3CH 4K / My introduction to the new model.

CPU temperature monitoring N4 Pro 11-12.08
I don’t remember the temperature outside on 11.08, but it was warm.
From 16:27 to 19:26 the DVR worked in parking mode: "Recording with low bitrate".
12.08 was warmer. At 10:49 the car parked and the temperature outside was +27°.
At 12:24 the car left the parking lot and the temperature outside was +29°C.
At 14:37 there was another trip, the temperature overboard reached +32°С.
Recording was constantly carried out in three-camera mode.

Attachments

• T_11-12.08.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
From 16:27 to 19:26 the DVR worked in parking mode: "Recording with low bitrate".
Recording was constantly carried out in three-camera mode.
There are no problems with the defocus of the front camera.

16.jpg 19.jpg

I received a birthday present the other day, a new model Vantrue N4 Pro. For which many thanks to Jeff_Vantrue.
A complete set plus accessories was sent, as was agreed on the first day of meeting Jeff_Vantrue.
There is a gradual acquaintance with the new model on the table. I'll put it on the car later.

Photos of my copy.

View attachment 66150View attachment 66151View attachment 66152View attachment 66153View attachment 66154View attachment 66155View attachment 66156

Accessories.

View attachment 66157View attachment 66158View attachment 66159
I have that hardwire kit and the camera shuts down after 5 to 6 hours in parking mode with motion detection on. Any ideas why?

I have that hardwire kit and the camera shuts down after 5 to 6 hours in parking mode with motion detection on. Any ideas why?
Check the battery voltage after disconnecting and everything will become clear to you.

Today, during the manipulations with DVRs, I mixed up the models and connected the N4 Pro to the cable with the rear camera from the N5
and it worked without problems in three-channel mode, as well as with its rear camera.
Conclusion: The cable and rear camera from N5 can be used with N4 Pro even without changing the settings in the DVR menu.
But using the cable and the rear camera from the N4 Pro with the N5, even by changing the settings in the DVR menu, unfortunately will not work.

CPU temperature monitoring N4 Pro 11-12.08
Yikes! The file indicates CPU temperatures peaking at 111C, and often above 90C. I don't know about the CPU/SoC in the camera but popular wisdom seems to be that sustained CPU temps above 80°C can do long-term damage to a CPU and its silicon. According to Bard the Vantrue N4 Pro uses a Novatek NT96660 SoC and this has maximum operating temperature of 85C. If true, this is a bit worrying!

Last edited:
According to Bard the Vantrue N4 Pro uses a Novatek NT96660 SoC and this has maximum operating temperature of 85C. If true, this is a bit worrying!
The processor for N4 Pro and N5 is the same. The names of the processor can be seen in the photos in this post.

maximum operating temperature of 85C
May be maximum ambient temp? Thermal monitoring using internal CPU sensor. As other manufacturer stated - nomal functional CPU temp is up to 120 gedrees. My thermal monitor maximum value is 140 C at ambient 37 degrees Celsiuc at this summer tottest day on Viofo A229 Duo.
So I do not worried about while temp is 90-110 degrees.

N4 Pro rear camera out of focus. Screenshots.

Motionless.
N4 Pro_1_S.jpg N4 Pro_2_S.jpg N4 Pro_3_S.jpg

In move.
N4 Pro_1_D.jpg N4 Pro_2_D.jpg

Uh oh not good. I've experienced similar and I had only been driving around for a few minutes before
That is pretty rubbish by anyones standard. Do you think it’s a camera production problem?

Co
That is pretty rubbish by anyones standard. Do you think it’s a camera production problem?
Could be unless it runs too hot which may be solvable by firmware update? I'm not too sure .

Could be unless it runs too hot which may be solvable by firmware update? I'm not too sure .
I think this is a problem with the rear camera, not overheating.
The rear camera captures objects and objects at a distance of about four meters well, either at the beginning of the trip or at the end.
But for some reason everything that is further is blurry.
The screenshots from the day's videos that I posted above are from one trip.
Here is another screenshot from this trip from the last video file.

20230902_164031_0450_N_C.MP4_snapshot_00.04_[2023.09.14_13.32.51].jpg

I think this is a problem with the rear camera, not overheating.
The rear camera captures objects and objects at a distance of about four meters well, either at the beginning of the trip or at the end.
But for some reason everything that is further is blurry.
The screenshots from the day's videos that I posted above are from one trip.
Here is another screenshot from this trip from the last video file.

View attachment 67486
Crap, that is bad. Do we know what sensor the rear is by any chance out of curiosity. I found in my review that the rear was a potato at night, unless cars got really close - which appears to match up with what you said about anything more than four metres it's blurry

Eep.

At one time, I asked representative Vantrue a question about sensors in new models.
Here is his answer:
N4Pro MX678+MX307
N5 MX675+MX307

At one time, I asked representative Vantrue a question about sensors in new models.
Here is his answer:
N4Pro MX678+MX307
N5 MX675+MX307
Cheers mate

Here is his answer:
N4Pro MX678+MX307
N5 MX675+MX307
Wonder what a better model would have been to use for rear sensor, perhaps IMX335 Starvis 1, or maybe too cost prohibitive for that one ...

Back