Vantrue S1 Pro Test & Review PP

And when you tell them that back in the day when you were a kid, that the internet loaded hell slow
My World Wide Web as a kid was Encyclopedia A through Z.
I got a firmware update in high school, a library card. lol

I retested the S1 Pro 1-CH recording Bitrate with the new firmware VT-ECI261.
(2560x1440) 30fps HDR On: 14.1 Mbps
(2560x1440) 60fps HDR Off: 27.7 Mbps
It looks like 60fps has double the Bitrate.
@Jeff_Vantrue can you increase the Bitrate for 30fps HDR On to 27.7 Mbps too?
If you can do that you’ll be one step closer to better image quality.
@rcg530 can you confirm & verify these Bitrates when you get a chance?

Attachments

• 2560 x 1440P 60FPS .jpg
    2560 x 1440P 60FPS .jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1 Minute File Size .png
    1 Minute File Size .png
    21 KB · Views: 2
The issue with the screen timeout being forgotten appears to have been fixed.

The issue with the screen timeout being forgotten appears to have been fixed.
Great - now if I could just get the new F/W I could try it myself. (Just checked via the Android app and no new F/W. :rolleyes: :( )

Great - now if I could just get the new F/W I could try it myself. (Just checked via the Android app and no new F/W. :rolleyes: :( )
Just use your backup iPhone / iPad. lol

Can't do that, I suffer from a medical condition - allergic to Apples. :ROFLMAO:
How dare you Sir?
C'mon I use an iPhone.
But, I also have a backup Android smart phone, and a Walmart tablet.

As a a owner of a pair of really old tired eyes, the micro print manuals on just about anything these days are a big annoyance.

Two days later and still no update available via the Android app. :(

@Jeff_Vantrue, what's the problem here? At least make F/W updates available somewhere on-line so they can be applied manually. Including a change log with the update would be appreciated by just about everyone as well.

I don't think the app updating is what brings new firmware. My iOS app last updated September 21, and the new firmware was well after that.

I don't think the app updating is what brings new firmware. My iOS app last updated September 21, and the new firmware was well after that.
It's not an app update that's in question - it's the new F/W that is updated OTA. Works for iPhone users but not Android. Definitely a fail on the part of Vantrue.

Two days later and still no update available via the Android app. :(

@Jeff_Vantrue, what's the problem here? At least make F/W updates available somewhere on-line so they can be applied manually. Including a change log with the update would be appreciated by just about everyone as well.
S1 Pro is pre-release and not at retail yet hence why it's not even listed on their website yet? Not sure why it's pushed to iOS users only and not Android though, someone forgot to flick the switch haha

S1 Pro is pre-release and not at retail yet hence why it's not even listed on their website yet?
Yep, I understand that.

I've done testing for other manufacturers and always had some sort of communication channel and F/W repository available. If one can do it then why not another? The only response I've gotten from Vantrue was through their official support channel - and the information I got was wrong, or at least vague and misleading.

Yep, I understand that.

I've done testing for other manufacturers and always had some sort of communication channel and F/W repository available. If one can do it then why not another? The only response I've gotten from Vantrue was through their official support channel - and the information I got was wrong, or at least vague and misleading.
Not going to get any response until after the Chinese public holiday for another few days at least, but Jeff has been MIA for a few folks on here for a few weeks now. Even before the holidays - guessing he'd be the best port of call in this instance.....

...but Jeff has been MIA for a few folks on here for a few weeks now. Even before the holidays - guessing he'd be the best port of call in this instance.....
Even before the holidays I've seen Jeff logged into DCT but not interacting - this while I had a couple of questions directed to him that were unanswered.

Even before the holidays I've seen Jeff logged into DCT but not interacting - this while I had a couple of questions directed to him that were unanswered.
Same here. Not sure what's going on, hopefully all is revealed soon and hopefully he's ok ..

The only response I've gotten from Vantrue was through their official support
These responses from the official support are answered by the girls sitting in the front lobby of the building.
All they’re doing is typing your question into Baidu, (Chinese version of Google). Lol

Some times when testing dash cams from manufacturers other than Viofo, I send my tech questions to the mainline official support to see how they would answer to a “normal” paying customer.
The answers are always false & misleading.
But they are always so happy, cheerful, and positive. Lol

Even before the holidays I've seen Jeff logged into DCT but not interacting
Whenever I saw him online I hover my curser over his name, and it always says;
"Engaged in conversation". lol

Whenever I saw him online I hover my curser over his name, and it always says;
"Engaged in conversation". lol
Perhaps he's engaged. Congratulations to the wedded man!

These responses from the official support are answered by the girls sitting in the front lobby of the building.
All they’re doing is typing your question into Baidu, (Chinese version of Google). Lol

Some times when testing dash cams from manufacturers other than Viofo, I send my tech questions to the mainline official support to see how they would answer to a “normal” paying customer.
The answers are always false & misleading.
But they are always so happy, cheerful, and positive. Lol
Always love it over the years, how they call you 'dear" lOl

Back