Very Dissapointed

Matthew Pumar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased 2 of these cameras off Amazon a couple weeks ago. One for the front and one for the rear. I used the usb cables and power supply that came with the cameras. First the front camera started turning off randomly when power was plugged in through the GPS mount. I heard from other amazon reviewers that the problem might be the connection between the mount and the camera so I plugged the power in directly to the camera. The next day the camera was again randomly shutting off while driving. I set it back to Amazon for a refund, and then the same thing started happening with the rear camera. Super disappointing, I cannot recommend this brand to anyone.

Hi,

That's surprising. Did you use the supplied USB power adapter ? What you describe can happen if you use an underpowered adapter.
You need to use a separate adapter for each camera to make sure the adapter is not in over-current condition which would result in random shut-off.

uski

Welcome to DCT Matthew. What memory cards were you/ are you using? Random stops can be caused by a couple of things with any camera.

Yes, as I said above, I used the provided power supply. If you read other reviews on Amazon, this is a very common problem. This product is not well made.

I used a "Lexar High-Endurance microSDXC 64GB UHS-I Card", also purchased on Amazon which had a ton of positive reviews. I seriously doubt the card was the problem. I even formatted it before use like the instructions recommended.

Reactions: Kip
It's excellent you used a high-endurance card ! I wouldn't say anything against this card.
I have an A119S and I'll report here if I see issues with it shutting down.

Did you try with another USB adapter ? I understand the one supplied should work, but let's assume it's not a very good one. It would be nice if you could try with another one so we can know if the supplied adapter is problematic or not.

Let us know ! :)

uski

Hi Uski,

I did try a different adapter before returning and still saw the same issues. I really wanted to like these cameras. I did a lot of research before choosing them :(

Thanks

Yes I see you did your homework ! I'm really sorry it didn't work for you. @viofo is on this forum and I hope they will take care of this and/or fix what needs to be fixed !

I purchased 2 of these cameras off Amazon a couple weeks ago. One for the front and one for the rear. I used the usb cables and power supply that came with the cameras. First the front camera started turning off randomly when power was plugged in through the GPS mount. I heard from other amazon reviewers that the problem might be the connection between the mount and the camera so I plugged the power in directly to the camera. The next day the camera was again randomly shutting off while driving. I set it back to Amazon for a refund, and then the same thing started happening with the rear camera. Super disappointing, I cannot recommend this brand to anyone.
Maybe you got a couple of cloned knock offs These A119S are really good camera's

Suddenly disconnections also happened for my A119S. I found that provided mini-USB very loose in camera connection and just lightly touched cable mini-USB connection by pliers. Now it works fine.

Back