Very Minor Incident with Unleashed dog

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
Dog runs into the side of our car but in the moment we were under the impression it went under the car and panicked, I kind of went into autopilot and my initial first response was to lock the file hit the hazard lights and jump out, the dog was completely fine and the owner was very apologetic and wanted to make sure our car wasn't damaged and he offered to pay if it was. Nice guy but I hope he thinks before walking his dog without a lead next time
Note: look at the far right of the front footage

The dogs i walk off leash, well it is not along a street for damn sure, the dogs are not trained enough to handle that, in the forest where we walk it is even a issue if another dog or deer pop up.
So my big radar are on when walking the dogs,,,,,, it have to be or i would be a irresponsible dog walker.
You can train a dog so it remain at your side no matter what, but the dogs i handle are not like that, actually they was very bad before i entered the scene, the great Dane, only her owner could handle her ( meaning not get dragged along the ground behind her )
I am not getting a dog of my own, cuz after sitting the couple of dogs for 2 - 3 weeks, it is clear to me that i am not the dog "owner" everyone should be if they have a dog,,,,, and as i dont like going off half ****ed with most things, i stick to the "rental" dogs.

I remember for years we had a dog, she was always very road wise and never had any incidents but when she was around 5 she randomly darted onto a busy road and was killed, some people do have very road savvy dogs and we thought she was one but apparently not

yeah.
One of those things you have to be 110% about,,,,, and still if you are you can loose.
Normally when the great dane see a deer i can stop her, but if i am 5 seconds late her brain will have gone to a place where i am no longer able to reach her.
So i am gambling walking her off leash, not least since the forest where i do is private and dogs off leash are not allowed, but i have met owner and he is cool about it.

I have had a deer jump out and cross the path 10 - 12 M in front of us, and all i had to do was go FIE !! ( the dogs name ) and she remained by my side and just look at the deer running away.
Some times though ( rare ) she and i are not on the same page,,,,,, then the leash go back on, and thats it.

yeah with the dog we have now she isnt road wise at all so we dont let her off the lead or outside without one under any circumstance

Back