Vico MF3 Essential Updating Tip for the latest Ver. 4.4 out this month February 2018.

There are a lot of dash cameras on the Vico site that they are no longer making. I don’t believe they are making any of the Marcus series cameras anymore. They stopped making the MF2 about a year or so ago. Pretty sure the MF3 was phased out awhile back as well. It was too close in price and spec to the Opia2. Vico was competing against itself.

I personally prefer the MF3
Sleeker higher quality aluminium case, and bigger screen
Better low light lens F1.8 v F2.
150 deg less fisheye look, than the Opia II 160 deg.
And they say better pic IQ.

But then cheaper manufacturing cost will always rule this planet!
So bye bye MF3 :(

London, Paris, Milan, New York ..... .... .... ..... daylight .... .... .... Beijing/Taiwan
Some of these Asian Companies need to import some style for their Dash Cam designs.
I mean, fair dinkum ... using a traditional design like that for the MF3 is *Yawn* .... well, uninspiring for a 'premium' model

Ok ... it worked on me ... only I would've preferred something a bit more 21st Century, as opposed to mid 20th (?) Looks matter these days.

London, Paris, Milan, New York ..... .... .... ..... daylight .... .... .... Beijing/Taiwan
Some of these Asian Companies need to import some style for their Dash Cam designs.
I mean, fair dinkum ... using a traditional design like that for the MF3 is *Yawn* .... well, uninspiring for a 'premium' model

Ok ... it worked on me ... only I would've preferred something a bit more 21st Century, as opposed to mid 20th (?) Looks matter these days.

I like the retro Lieca look, well it suits my S Class Coupe. And the aluminium finish quality beats the cheap placky look.
The Opiia II clip on front for a CPL is the pits imo.
I far prefer the screw in front on the MF3 ...
But then I guess its what suits your car best. And personal taste.

I like the retro Lieca look

I think it looks great, but it's out of place in a car and all too obvious, this style of camera suits their home market though where people jumping in front of cars to try and scam insurers is a real problem so having something that is easy to see is a benefit, in other markets where that isn't an issue but theft is then that becomes a liability

And the aluminium finish quality beats the cheap placky look.
The Opiia II clip on front for a CPL is the pits imo.
I far prefer the screw in front on the MF3 ...
But then I guess its what suits your car best. And personal taste.

I like those too - the aluminium instead of all plastic, the way the CPL screws on (as opposed to the VIOFO)
I paid AU$270 for it ... so I must've thought there were a few features I preferred over the others ... yeah?
I was also lured in by its 1440p resolution even though jokiin was saying not to get sucked in by the higher numbers.
Comparing the Day vision, it may be there ... but only just better than 1080p ... and you have to look pretty hard to see it.
Night vision would no doubt go to the IMX291 in the A119s ... although I have both, I haven't actually compared them. :rolleyes:

VicoVation need to come up with another Market leader candidate ... and can't rest on a AU$350 OPIA2 which is becoming dated these days
If wanting double the price ... they are going to have to come up with something better.
Because the Company is diverse and not relying on Dash Cam sales only ... maybe they aren't too fussed?

Last edited:
I think it looks great, but it's out of place in a car and all too obvious, this style of camera suits their home market though where people jumping in front of cars to try and scam insurers is a real problem so having something that is easy to see is a benefit, in other markets where that isn't an issue but theft is then that becomes a liability

Would anyone in their right mind, really smash a window in an S Class to get a poxy £79 dashcam?
OK you cant see it in the front, as the black glass surrounding the overhead mirror console pretty much hides it.
But yes its very visible on the rear.
And I like that, as idiots who insist on coming right up behind you, can see its all recorded.
As they say “prevention is better than a cure”.

On the SL500 I agree in the summer with roof down, its just a matter of leaning over and yanking it really hard, and bingo they have a dashcam.,
Yes the alarm would go off, but doubt if they would care.

I like those too - the aluminium instead of all plastic, the way the CPL screws on (as opposed to the VIOFO)
I paid AU$270 for it ... so I must've thought there were a few features I preferred over the others ... yeah?
I was also lured in by its 1440p resolution even though jokiin was saying not to get sucked in by the higher numbers.
Comparing the Day vision, it may be there ... but only just better than 1080p ... and you have to look pretty hard to see it.
Night vision would no doubt go to the IMX291 in the A119s ... although I have both, I haven't actually compared them. :rolleyes:

VicoVation need to come up with another Market leader candidate ... and can't rest on a AU$350 OPIA2 which is becoming dated these days
If wanting double the price ... they are going to have to come up with something better.
Because the Company is diverse and not relying on Dash Cam sales only ... maybe they aren't too fussed?

I am surprised nobody has a decent 1440p true 60 fps or a decent real 4K.
I was pretty shocked by the files from the Nextbase 4K ??? camera. Horrible video quality and such a clunky rounded bulbous, casing. :(

I will wait till someone does it properly... till then the MF3 seems to me to have the best picture IQ. (for DC identification purposes).

I have a suspicion that due to the “cloud” influence ... there is little incentive to deliver quality .. because of the madatory huge file sizes.

Hmmm having a 5.5L engine, I am not so sure I would really want all my driving slapped up there in the ether! ;)

I think they will.

I have never had any problems in respect to my own property, but once in my life i had the wrong take on other peoples property.
So moving here after i sold my house it was time for karma to start keeping up with me.
So it started like this.

1: My Suzuki SUV was keyed all along one side, a few days before i was to sell it, meaning i had to take a dive on the prize.
2: I then got my current Suzuki Splash, and within 2 months it had the passenger side window broken, nothing missing in the car nothing opened so just another case of vandalism i recon.
3: So i stopped parking in the street and moved my car to the back year and put a CCTV camera on it, and still it got one more event, and that was a D cell battery thrown high into the air and it then landed on my car roof, and made a dent near to the back Left corner of the car.

So trust me i know people like that, from my old stupid parasitic days, and people like that will do and take what they want, and people like that,,,, well there are many more of them than you would think.

Last edited:
Would anyone in their right mind, really smash a window in an S Class to get a poxy £79 dashcam?
people in their right mind no, unfortunately that's not the type of person that breaks into cars, park at a train station and your car will get broken into because they see loose change in the console

I think they will.

I have never had any problems in respect to my own property, but once in my life i had the wrong take on other peoples property.
So moving here after i sold my house it was time for karma to start keeping up with me.
So it started like this.

1: My Suzuki SUV was keyed all along one side, a few days before i was to sell it, meaning i had to take a dive on the prize.
2: I then got my current Suzuki Splash, and within 2 months it had the passenger side window broken, nothing missing in the car nothing opened so just another case of vandalism i recon.
3: So i stopped parking in the street and moved my car to the back year and put a CCTV camera on it, and still it got one more event, and that was a D cell battery thrown high into the air and it then landed on my car roof, and made a dent near to the back Left corner of the car.

So trust me i know people like that, from my old stupid parasitic days, and people like that will do and take what they want, and people like that,,,, well there are many more of them than you would think.

Bathroom window overlooks driveway
Leupold LR Tactical M1 x25 ensures one would not miss!
;);)

Failing that, set Chucky on them
953D3104-409F-4A55-B43A-F915AA752D4C.jpeg

Back