Vico Opia 2

Ai dreptate. Dar am schimbat in garantie produse cumparate din U.S. deci ...
Daca ar exista o decenta a pretului la noi ... am fi cu totii satisfacuti ... cred.

La produsele din US să nu uiți să iei în considerare și vama, iar la garanție costul curierului până în US, UK.
E alegerea ta.

O zi frumoasă în continuare. :)

@bosch
If you really want the Opia2 why don't you just find a dealer in your country or one that ships to your country and buy one (or 2)? It sounds like you are asking for dealers to offer you some kind of multi item discount in this thread. All prices should be listed on the dealers website.
It's also my understanding that the Opia2 has been pretty popular and is sold out at some places. VicoVation has no stock and the next manufacturing run isn't until July.

Can we speak English please.
Sorry, it was easier for me to tell him in romanian, since he is from Romania.

I gave him the link to a romanian dealer for Opia 2.

Correct. But this is a feature request. Cameras 1/3 the cost of this one have wifi and an Android app. Instead, I have to put in a USB hub (multiple cameras) and carry my laptop out to the car every time I want to look at video.

It's a feature request. Why do you pick on this one, rather than acknowledging my other concerns? These are all legitimate issues.

I wasn't picking mate I just find it bizarre that you find it the worst of the problems you are having fully aware that it was never inteded for the opia 2.
Regarding the issue with the supercaps I was wondering how long you had it powered on for before disconnecting as supercaps take awhile to charge, I
have read elsewere that they can take 10 mins to charge but I don't know about the opia 2. Maybe try leaving it powered up for longer say 10 mins then try disconnecting
to see if there is any diference.

I recieved my package of goodies today and well packed thanks @Chris Hunt nice job. Plugged in and all good although my laptop is a bit slugish at 2k.
Very simple to operate but yet to test out gps and do the hard wiring that will be for the weekend. one clever little throw in from Chris was an OTG 2in 1 card reader that makes things simple if you are on the road and need to see footage straight away without needing a computer . I tested on my samsung gs6 and works a treat 5" of high quality video which is more than enough for emergancies but android will add two folders to the card one being Android and the other Lost, but it had no ill effect on the camera after plugging back in. so far very happy.

Last edited:
When you set it to MPH, it reads MPH but the numbers are still KPH.

The G-sensor is too sensitive. Even on low sensitivity when I drive over road dots it sets off Emergency Record.

1920x1080@60 has way to much mosquito noise to be used.

The supercapacitor doesn't have any capacity at all -- unplug it, and the camera's dead.

I left one camera running all the time while my car was parked for 2 days, and the car battery died. I know about the power supply, but the camera sure draws alot of current.

But worst, there is no wifi nor Android app.
Hi @Quantum. We know about the MPH situation and we will fix it on the next firmware that we will be releasing next month. G-sensor sensitivity will also be adjusted on the next firmware. Resolution quality will also be improved on all resolutions on the next firmware.

Like @jokiin said, the supercapacitors could have been faulty on your unit, I'm sure VicoDrict will exchange one with you with no problem.

Opia2 does consume more power than others because it is equipped with Ambarella A12 and runs under 1440p HDR. I would highly recommend you using Power PLUS to avoid having your car battery drained out again.

I have noticed that on the video overlay for time and tag, that the information is printed to far up into the video frame and not enough to the left, will this be corrected in a future firmware update. most cams that I have seen they sit right near the bottom which is where you would expect it.

Thanks Vico, yes Frank Kei is supporting me well so far. I've sent both cameras to him and he will test and probably exchange them. Good news, about the coming better resolution. Also good about fixing G-sensor -- I was worried before I bought that it may not be sensitive enough, but the opposite was true. Half the time it's in Emergency Mode, while set on Low. These are American streets, plus I have a sports car, you know...

Left the working one plugged in plenty of time to charge the supercaps, but it just dies instantly on unplug. The morning I went to the car to get the camera to forward to Frank, the car battery was flat again, even though I'd enabled Parking mode. I just can not leave this camera running overnight in the Jeep. Maybe their Power option detects ignition and kicks on Parking mode, but this won't work for me as I need USB comm with the cameras. Removing the SDCards to read on the phone would be useful, but I can't be climbing all over the back seats to retrieve the tiny SDcard; I'm 62 years old. There is no reason it can't have wifi and an app at these prices; soon others with this rez will, much cheaper. This wifi lack prevents a whole market from buying this camera. (RC flyers)

I've actually bought these cameras to install in my Tesla, which shouldn't have the battery capacity issue that ICE cars have, although I have yet to do the math.

Madd66, the time stamp was perfectly in the lower-left corner for me. Only thing is it has the **OPIA2** advertisement all the time on the screen, which is fairly objectionable.

While Wifi sounds great in theory, it takes forever to transfer the large files that dash cameras produce. You'd need to be a very patient man.

While Wifi sounds great in theory, it takes forever to transfer the large files that dash cameras produce. You'd need to be a very patient man.
For viewing on your phone, you don't need full rez of course.

Can't you think of anything -nice- to say?

This is an example of time stamp in the wrong place in the frame. any suggestions.

Oh btw @Quantum I checked my supercaps and they seemed to work after unpluging. just enough to shut down.
HBP0SKt.jpg

This is an example of time stamp in the wrong place in the frame. any suggestions.
HBP0SKt.jpg

not ideal placement, lower down would be more practical, not really overlapping anything of importance in your vehicle but I can see in some situations where the position on screen would be annoying

@Quantum @Madd66 Text overlay being too high up is a known problem for us. This has to do with Ambarella A12's chipset programming limitation. We are still communicating with them to come up with a solution to try to fix this.

@Quantum @Madd66 Text overlay being too high up is a known problem for us. This has to do with Ambarella A12's chipset programming limitation. We are still communicating with them to come up with a solution to try to fix this.

Thanks for the reply I hope you can get it sorted but I find stange is that Quantum said his was in the correct spot which is weird if there is a limitation with the chipset programing.

@Madd66 I think what he meant was it is not a problem for him that the text overlay being where it is. There's no right or wrong here, just different preferences. ;)

@Madd66 I think what he meant was it is not a problem for him that the text overlay being where it is. There's no right or wrong here, just different preferences. ;)

Madd66, the time stamp was perfectly in the lower-left corner for me. Only thing is it has the **OPIA2** advertisement all the time on the screen, which is fairly objectionable.

Maybe you should read what he said instead of saying what you think he meant!!

Try a different resolution setting. I know on the Dome A12 dash cameras that the stamp changes a little when you change the resolution. Maybe Quantum is using a different setting.

Try a different resolution setting. I know on the Dome A12 dash cameras that the stamp changes a little when you change the resolution. Maybe Quantum is using a different setting.

Yes I have tried all resolution settings and it is the same result.

Back