Vico Opia 2

Maybe quantum would be nice enough to post a picture from his video to compare.

See 'Madd', you are a bit testy.

I do not remember it being a problem, but I can't confirm as my cameras are in the mail. I believe at 1080 the stamp was in a similar location to yours, but I mostly used 1440 and the stamp is so tiny my old eyes couldn't see it on the screen.

I have not found in the theme of the original (raw) video day and night (without lighting)
where to find?
P.S. youtube is not interesting

Haha. I thought your earlier comment about not having anything nice to say was referring to me.

Nah mate I am not here to give anyone a hard time lol, its just that you said your time stamp was in the correct spot but now obviously not the case, anyway we will
see If vico can sort it but it is definatly in a bad spot. And hope you have better luck with your new cameras.

I have noticed that on the video overlay for time and tag, that the information is printed to far up into the video frame and not enough to the left, will this be corrected in a future firmware update. most cams that I have seen they sit right near the bottom which is where you would expect it.
I have this issue as well. I was told it is being looked into, but might be a technical issue. They also mentened different resolutions have it in different places, but I didn't test the other resolutions yet.

EDIT see what happens when I post late? I get selective post read syndrome

Just seen Vicovation's prior post mentioning the programing issue.

msAkpck.png

(This Benz blew the stop sign in case anyone was curious.)

Last edited:
I went for a drive yesterday and we had dull rainy weather so thought it would be a good test, and the video did come out pretty good the only issue I had was when I turned on the wipers to clear the screen it set of the G sensor but I do admit that my blades aren't the best and they where vibrating slightly on every stroke as there wasn't that much water. so I will fit new blades to see if that helps, but I had no trouble at all with bumps or road lumps setting off the G sensor so was very happy about that.

Today I tested the GPS and it was spot on with speed and accuracy very happy with that too. so only need to test the power saver pack now but that won't be a problem so overall the camera seems to be working as it should apart from my previous gripe above that I won't repeat lol.

We (SpyTec) have the OPIA2 in stock as well and ship to Europe. We are having a promotion now (until June 10th) where we are including the GPS mouse with every purchase of the OPIA2.

Sent you a message. Is the offer still good...website says June 6. Wanted to order June 10 but need clarifiaciton on gps mouse offer.

Thanks

It looks like a good sign for the opia 2 , things have gone quiet so I get the impression all is good, mine is working great still need to hook up the power plus just got the fuse jumpers today so hopefully tommorow. then will try out parking mode.

Hi,

Interesting camera. ¿ Is there somewhere an original video for download ? It is not the same watching it on YouTube as having one original out of the camera.

Thanks in advance

;)

Firmware update 2.2g now available for download.

Vico-Opia2 new firmware v2.2G released.

1. Color temperature and white balance improved.
2. Loop recording length feature added with 3 minutes and 5 minutes options.
3. Video quality and image brightness on 1080p@60fps improved.
4. G-Sensor sensitivity improved.
5. Sensitivity on Smart Parking Surveillance Motion Detection improved.
6. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems improved.

http://www.vicovation.com/downloads.asp?lang=eng

Last edited:
How are you guys finding the video quality on the Opia 2? I'm totally stuck with what camera to get. Been looking at the Opia 2, Lukas T790 and Blackvue DR650S-1ch. I want something with great image quality and parking mode, it needs to be rated to high temperatures too, since it get pretty hot here in summer.

Back