VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

@vvs49 with you being able to mod the firmware are you not able to tell what has changed between 1.03 and 2.6 which may be the cause of the blur or is it not that easy?

As I've posted a few times :

1.03 didn't have HDR it had WDR

From a very reliable source I've been told that HDR in the menu isn't OFF / ON but is really LOW / HIGH. So even with it off - it isn't.

That's what needs investigating

There was never WDR on V3 just because the IMX335 doesn't support WDR. So Viofo changed just the menu name.

Reactions: gse

2nd post :

"Added HDR Support"

That is the motion blur problem from v2.0 on

Direct from Viofo, and they should know :

Because the current firmware version of A119 V3 adds HDR. That causes some changes in image quality.

Last edited:
Thanks Dashmellow for posting your test results. I have the same conclusion for US plates. I just turn off HDR completely for better plate reading during night.

There was never WDR on V3 just because the IMX335 doesn't support WDR.
There is a software WDR and it works
It was I who replaced the name of the WDR with the HDR, then there were no firmware from the HDR !!
November 2, 2019

Attachments

• 2N.jpg
    2N.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
There is a software WDR and it works
It was I who replaced the name of the WDR with the HDR, then there were no firmware from the HDR !!
November 2, 2019

So only name was changed is that right? We should not expect big differences between old WDR and current HDR yes? There is no reason to get back to old versions am I right?

So only name was changed is that right? We should not expect big differences between old WDR and current HDR yes? There is no reason to get back to old versions am I right?
Right!
The difference is huge as the hardware function is now working and there is a completely different way of working!!
Therefore, he reads numbers at night, unlike software WDR.
Yes, to return to the old versions, of course, there is no need!!

This is where I become confused.

Some time ago I made a post saying that my v2. 0 firmware was causing freeze frame motion blur that my saved 1.03 firmware footage wasn't.

Viofo themselves contacted me and explained that the new HDR in firmware 2 and above now had HDR, not WDR. They also explained that whilst the menu option for HDR said Off and On it was actually Low and High. They said my findings were correct and if I wanted sharper freeze frame / screen grabs then I should return to 1.03.

Are Viofo wrong?

Here is a link to Viofo where they are announcing HDR in 2020, note the "V" on the column.

Are Viofo wrong?
No, but why the old firmware?
In the last menu, turn off HDR and the freeze frame will be as before, but at night the car numbers will not be read.
Better yet, install the firmware from the HDR auto, and select from the menu when on / off. HDR

Hello, I am new here, I've got my Viofo 119V3 GPS (with CPL filter) since June of 2020, very glad of it, and I read with great interest your comments :) !

I had kept, since the purchase, the V1.03 firmware, I didn't care about it until yesterday, so I just added the V2.5, and tonight the V2.6T :giggle:!
About the 2.6T, the interesting thing is that the HDR can be automatically activated, I let 7:00 AM OFF, and 19:00 ON, for this winter period. Periodically, of course, I'll change the hours, but I could not imagine every day to activate the HDR when I come back from work, and deactivate it when arrived...
I selected the 2560x1440 resolution, Bitrate on medium, EV on 0, I think it is a good compromise, given that I drive during the day and that I go back home in the evening when night falls, especially in winter.

I'll try to give you one or several videos, but I am quite busy at the present time, during some holidays I'll get more time to do it.

I didn't try yet the HDR, I'll give you my impressions, if I find it useful or not. I know, the main point is the readability of the plate numbers, not only the beauty of the images or of the screens !

Last edited:
No, but why the old firmware?
In the last menu, turn off HDR and the freeze frame will be as before, but at night the car numbers will not be read.
Better yet, install the firmware from the HDR auto, and select from the menu when on / off. HDR

Thanks for your work offering a mod firmware.

If you read my comments above, I'm finding that every firmware version from version 2.0, be it stock or mod, has more motion blur than 1.03 when you press the video pause button in Windows. For me the important requirement is daytime static screen captures.

I ran mod version 2.5 for a while and the colour improvement was impressive but when I needed to identify an object via stopping the video, the motion blur was more than I expected. I knew I would be passing that same spot a few days later so I reinstalled 1.03 and captured the item with almost no motion blur.

As you say, night time number plate capture is better with 2.6T but I rarely venture out at night so for me the daytime benefit outweighs night improvements.

I knew I would be passing that same spot a few days later so I reinstalled 1.03 and captured the item with almost no motion blur.
Without night use, firmware 1.03 is very good!! (y)
Here is my firmware 1.03, now of course I will not find it !!! :(

Hello,

Here is a video recorded this evening, with the 2.6T firmware.
=> Reso 2560x1440 30FPS, Bitrate medium, EV=0, HDR Auto (selected between 19:00 until 07:00), CLP filter.

I found the image quite good !

Something strange happens every time I stop the vehicle : a signal resounds with an image with two big points red and green on the dashcam screen, you can hear it twice at the motorway stoll, at 2:09 and at 2:49. It happens again when I stop at my box few minutes later.
This does not affect the video.
What does that mean :confused:??
I notice that I got a RO folder, empty, before the videos in the DCIM folder.

Tell me if you want a video recorded during the day ;)!

Last edited:
I found the image quite good !
Image is very bad!!
You have a problem with your windshield!!
Such beams should not be!!!
And HDR is not working, 18.28 and HDR is off!!

Attachments

• 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 26
Image is very bad!!
You have a problem with your windshield!!
Such beams should not be!!!
And HDR is not working, 18.28 and HDR is off!!
Yes, you are right...:cry:

I must adjust the time for the HDR.
I noticed the beams, I thought it was normal, what can I do to improve the image ??
The cause is the windshield ??
I cant' drive without it :geek: !

OK, I could deactivate the alarms, thank you fratello ;) !
Now, I must understand why I got so great beams...:rolleyes:??

Back