VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Yeah, thoroughly cleaning the windshield can make a big difference, even on or perhaps especially on an older windshield.

It is important to avoid ammonia based glass cleaners like Windex which can leave a residue and streaks.

My favorite window cleaning products are Invisible Glass and Autoglym - best of class

If you have waterspots and other hard to clean things on your windshield like bug splats or tree and road tar the best thing to do is use #0000 steel wool!

For anyone not familiar with using steel wool to clean your glass, check out the following video. The technique really works! I do this every few months.

I know this post is a bit off topic, but I think it's worth the brief distraction.

Last edited:
Thank you all ;)!
Yes, sorry if I am spoiling this topic...

The main lens, behind the CPL filter, is not dirty, I verified it.

I'll clean the windshield with some 0000 steel wool, out and inside, but first I want to test the dashcam out of the car to be sure that the problem really comes from the windshield, that is very likely.

It is too bad to own such a good dashcam, and to get so great diffracting spikes at night :cry: !

As soon I get news, I'll inform you !

Last edited:
You don't need to use the #0000 steel wool on the inside. Just use a good glass cleaner inside and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Good call by DM, I've been using Invisible Glass for years. It doesn't leave any residue like a lot of the other car based glass cleaners that some rave about. It evaporates during use.

I've never been brave enough to use wire wool but I do use a kitchen plastic based scourer and never had any issues.

I noticed something today (I became attentive since I am aware of the problem) : when the sun lights my windshield, I can see, naked eye, the same reflection !
No doubt that it is the windshield which causes the phenomenon.
I hope that the cleaning will eliminate it.
If it does not, too bad, I'll live with it :cool:.
@Dashmellow : yes, sorry, I badly formulated my phrase.

Last edited:
Look how the rays disappear from me, they washed my car
and smeared my windshield, saw in time, and easily removed the problem!

:D

You had exactly the same problem as mine, and you are right, it disappeared, it is impressive !

My windshield must very dirty, mainly inside.

Thank you !

I understand you, I am not obsessed by my car, but this time I have to do something. Anyway, to have a clean windshield is nice, with or without dashcam.
Apparently, that seems that the problem is mainly coming from the outside of the windshield.
Alright, I go and buy 000 steel wool to clean it.
When I saw your video, you gave me hope to eliminate these diffracting spikes ;) !

Yes, don't care, #0000, it was just a typing error ;)!

When you use it, is it dry or with water ? On your video is seems dry.

Last edited:
Yes, don't care, #0000, it was just a typing error ;)!

When you use it, is it dry or with water ? On your video is seems dry.

Yeah, I thought is was probably a typo but I just wanted to make sure since courser steel wool would scratch the glass instead of polish the glass.:)

You use the wool dry.

If you watch the video again, he explains that you do use it dry and can use the pad up to tens times but if you ever wet it, it will quickly start to rust.

Good call by DM, I've been using Invisible Glass for years. It doesn't leave any residue like a lot of the other car based glass cleaners that some rave about. It evaporates during use.

I've never been brave enough to use wire wool but I do use a kitchen plastic based scourer and never had any issues.

I didn't know if Invisible Glass was available in the Europe so I also recommended Autoglym which offers similar results but is much more expensive. (especially here in the US) I tried Autoglym after a member from the UK recommended it but considering the price difference I found no benefit over Invisible Glass.

I've never tried plastic kitchen scouring pads but I imagine they should work to clean a windscreen, but you can have complete confidence that #0000 steel wool pads will never scratch the glass. It might be interesting to compare the results from both.

Last edited:
You got pretty light trails too ;), I guess that they are due to the rain on your windshield.
Anyway, the main thing is that plates are well readable, and that views are sharp between the trails :LOL: and during the day.

For the inside of the windows/windshield I just use a squirt of baby shampoo and then water in a spray bottle. Cheap, effective, and what the window tinting places I've talked to use to clean the windows before and after tinting them. Just another option.

Back