VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

This is the same video where I can't read the license plates.
2023-01-31_08-36-17.png
2023-01-31_08-43-32.png
2023-01-31_08-44-32.png
At this time of day it is very difficult to read the numbers of oncoming cars.
It's already too bright and your car's lighting isn't enough to light up your license plate.
Watch your night videos outside the city in complete darkness, the result should be better there.
Well, no one has 100% readability of numbers.

Last edited:
Looking at those images, at night you get away with the motion blur to read the plates. During the day that motion blur is unacceptable to me.

Yes you can time HDR On/Off but as Viofo told me ages ago, it's not On/Off but High/Low so not fully off.

Looking at those images, at night you get away with the motion blur to read the plates. During the day that motion blur is unacceptable to me.

Yes you can time HDR On/Off but as Viofo told me ages ago, it's not On/Off but High/Low so not fully off.
Can you clarify the second paragraph ? Does HDR timer function not ensure that HDR totally off during the day for instance ?

View attachment 63869
View attachment 63870
View attachment 63871
At this time of day it is very difficult to read the numbers of oncoming cars.
It's already too bright and your car's lighting isn't enough to light up your license plate.
Watch your night videos outside the city in complete darkness, the result should be better there.
Well, no one has 100% readability of numbers.

Thank you for explaining my problem.

I will try to read license plates with VirtualDub like you did.
Did you use any filters or special settings?
Did you use any other program like photoshop?

Thank you for explaining my problem.

I will try to read license plates with VirtualDub like you did.
Did you use any filters or special settings?
Did you use any other program like photoshop?
I watched license plates only with VirtualDub, without any filters.

But the videos are of poor quality. What could be the cause?
Are you recording at 30 or 60fps? If you're recording with 60, you might try 30fps instead. A lower framerate basically means that the camera has more time to collect data for each frame. This improves the video quality at night according to my experience.

Agreed, the V3 is native 30fps. If you select 60fps then a dummy frame is inserted and in my experience, whilst the video appears slightly smoother it produces freeze frame motion blur.

Hello friends, I have a strange problem. I want to use HDR timer function with 60p when HDR off. Basically what I want is 1440p 60 FPS HDR off during the day, and HDR on 1440p 30 during the night. I think most people use this way. However for me there's a problem, when I set the resolution to 1440p 60 FPS, after HDR never switches. I made a video and attaching it below. As you can see in 13 second mark, I am selecting 2360x1440p and 60 FPS and setting the HDR to HDR timer with HDR OFF 7 AM and HDR ON 5 PM. Although the time was around 11 PM, HDR never switches on.

If I set 2360x1440p and 30 FPS, the HDR auto works (or basically any 30 FPS allows HDR timer to work). How do people here use the HDR timer with 1440p 60 FPS ? For me it does not switch. I am using Firmware v2.6 from 20220808.

Hello friends, I have a strange problem. I want to use HDR timer function with 60p when HDR off. Basically what I want is 1440p 60 FPS HDR off during the day, and HDR on 1440p 30 during the night. I think most people use this way. However for me there's a problem, when I set the resolution to 1440p 60 FPS, after HDR never switches. I made a video and attaching it below. As you can see in 13 second mark, I am selecting 2360x1440p and 60 FPS and setting the HDR to HDR timer with HDR OFF 7 AM and HDR ON 5 PM. Although the time was around 11 PM, HDR never switches on.

If I set 2360x1440p and 30 FPS, the HDR auto works (or basically any 30 FPS allows HDR timer to work). How do people here use the HDR timer with 1440p 60 FPS ? For me it does not switch. I am using Firmware v2.6 from 20220808.

Make sure your running the latest firmware. I think this bug was fixed in an update.

I am running the latest firmware, 20220808, I downloaded it from the Viofo's website around 3 weeks ago.

At 60 fps HDR does not work and does not turn on!
Yes, I know, what I want is 1440p 60 FPS HDR off during the day, and 1440p 30 fps HDR ON during the night. But the HDR timer function does not move the camera from HDR OFF to HDR ON if I select 1444p 60 FPS as you see in the video, if I select 1444p 30 fps or any resolution with 30 fps, it moves to HDR on without problems.

To sum up, I want HDR OFF 60 fps during day and HDR ON 30 FPS during the night, is it not possible ? From what I see, a lot of people are using this setting but for me HDR timer does not move the setting for some reason when 60 FPS is selected

when I set the resolution to 1440p 60 FPS, after HDR never switches.

At 60 fps HDR does not work and does not turn on!

@vvs49 makes a good point. HDR works by making two simultaneous 30 fps exposures, one exposed for the shadows and the other for the highlights and superimposing them together into a single image. It uses the 60 fps capability of the camera to achieve this - 30 fps per image, so you can't have HDR if you want 60 fps. The camera can't do both.

I can't explain myself maybe, I don't want to use 60 FPS HDR, what I want is to use the HDR timer function as below:

Day:
HDR Off
1440p 60 FPS

Night:
HDR On
1440p 30 FPS

As you can see in the video, although I was recording at night when HDR should have been on, if I select an initial resolution of 1440p 60 FPS, HDR never turns on. I am ok to have 30 FPS HDR with 1440p resolution but it does not turn on.

Thank you!

At 60 fps НDR time is ignored!

I can't explain myself maybe, I don't want to use 60 FPS HDR, what I want is to use the HDR timer function as below:

Day:
HDR Off
1440p 60 FPS

Night:
HDR On
1440p 30 FPS

As you can see in the video, although I was recording at night when HDR should have been on, if I select an initial resolution of 1440p 60 FPS, HDR never turns on. I am ok to have 30 FPS HDR with 1440p resolution but it does not turn on.

Thank you!
Contact Viofo directly. The same thing happened on Mini and they fixed it, I gave a link to the post above.
Perhaps in the next firmware for v3 they will fix this error.

At 60 fps НDR time is ignored!
then how do people use '60 FPS during the day without HDR', and '30 FPS during the night with HDR' ? I would not believe that they'd manually change the settings each day depending on the time that they start their car.

Back