VIOFO A119 MINI_2 FIRMWARE

Overnight, VIOFO sent me an email stating the v1.0_20231116 firmware file has been correctly posted on their download site.

I checked and the file has been updated. I downloaded it and installed it. The firmware version does show that it is the updated file.

1701276139358.png

1701276161284.png

Overnight, VIOFO sent me an email stating the v1.0_20231116 firmware file has been correctly posted on their download site.

I checked and the file has been updated. I downloaded it and installed it. The firmware version does show that it is the updated file.

View attachment 69513

View attachment 69514
Still downloads the exact same file i downloaded last week, V1.0_20230912. same size in bytes and hash. Have not flashed it though.

Still downloads the exact same file i downloaded last week, V1.0_20230912. same size in bytes and hash. Have not flashed it though.
All of the A119 Mini 2 firmware files have been the exact same file size (in bytes). I just downloaded the file three more times and each time I downloaded the updated file. Unless your download request is being routed to a different server in their download site, you should be getting the updated file.

All of the A119 Mini 2 firmware files have been the exact same file size (in bytes). I just downloaded the file three more times and each time I downloaded the updated file. Unless your download request is being routed to a different server in their download site, you should be getting the updated file.
Strange. But, i just checked the MD5 for the file i get, it matches yours in you screenshot. so i guess it is the new file.

Flashed both my cams and reset my preferred settings.
Everything seems fine. Can't test the fix for the Purple thing at night for a while.

Wonder what specifically the mean by "Decrease the interference on the voice commands."
I also wonder what they mean by " Fixed: Other bugs."

I still see slight abnormal stretch in ultrawide mode, a topic I posted about on some other thread. Minor thing, but still a thing.

Have you finally realized that firmware can be the same size regardless of the firmware version....

Have you finally realized that firmware can be the same size regardless of the firmware version....
It really shouldn’t be. Very unusual thing. And I deal with firmware on many networking devices, main board bios, and other embedded devices. Unless it’s an exact image of a partition or whole ROM chip. Maybe that what they do.

It also bene since like, 2017 or something, since i dealt with VIOFO dash cam and firmware. My old A119 V1 and Mini 0926 stopped having updates long time ago....

Last edited:
It's definitely unusual but very possible; In fact, in the old days where firmwares were full uncompressed zero-padded images it was common for them all to be the exact same size as the EEPROM they were being loaded into.

That's why checksums are a better way to check - It's near-impossible for 2 files that are even slightly different to have the same size *and* same checksum

I think in this case it's just an unusual coincidence as previously the firmwares have been slightly different sizes.

Has anyone tested the new firmware yet?

Version 4.0

Version: 3.2.14

Last edited:
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

A119 mini 2 bitrate setting is incorrect.
The camera settings vary depending on the application.
Low on camera means high on app.

Sound notification sound is loud. Each setting must be lowered by one level.
otherwise it will render bad sound to the video.
The suggestion I made before may be useful for this. A clearer recording can be achieved if the microphone records 20% of the sound during the audio notification for each notification.

Additionally, when it comes to watching videos via the camera, the speaker increases one level and when you return to the menu, the loud sound maintains itself and the volume setting is disabled and it produces a loud sound.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

The suggestion I made before may be useful for this. A clearer recording can be achieved if the microphone records 20% of the sound during the audio notification for each notification.

Additionally, when it comes to watching videos via the camera, the speaker increases one level and when you return to the menu, the loud sound maintains itself and the volume setting is disabled and it produces a loud sound.
Thanks for your reminder. Yes, the bitrate issue has been tested to optimize for several days now and there will be a result soon. About the sound that will become louder when viewing the video on the camera, we will contact our engineer to confirm if it can be optimized.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support

So I should select low in the camera for high bitrate recording?

So I should select low in the camera for high bitrate recording?
If you choose the low option from the application, you will choose the high bitrate. You can control this from the camera menu. The selection on the camera is correct. When you look at the application settings, it's the opposite..

@ogzogz @geokilla

With regard to the A119 Mini 2 video bitrate setting, I thought this was already mentioned somewhere on this site. If you're running the A119 Mini 2 v1.0_20231116 firmware, you will need to be using the latest version of the VIOFO app (iOS v4.0 / Android v3.2.14) to correct the incorrect bitrate setting being set on the A119 Mini 2 from the app.

I just ran a test where I changed the A119 Mini 2's bitrate setting from the VIOFO app using iOS app version 4.0 and Android app version 3.2.14. The app displayed the correct setting value and the selection of a new bitrate value was properly sent to the A119 Mini 2 and the correct bitrate setting was present in the firmware settings screen on the dash camera.
  • Test steps
    • Use "Turn On Wifi" voice command
    • Connect to A119 Mini 2
    • Use VIOFO app to connect to the camera
    • Enter the "Settings" page (no need to stop recording before this step with updated app)
    • Examine the reported "Bitrate" value and make sure it the "correct" value
    • Use the app to change the "Bitrate" value to next value in the list (High / Medium / Low)
    • Exit the "Settings" page in the app (this now auto restarts the video recording in the updated version of the app)
    • Exit the "Live View" screen to the top level screen of the app
    • Switch to my phone's Wi-Fi page
    • Disconnect from the A119 Mini 2's Wi-Fi
    • Use "Turn Off Wifi" voice command (wait for the recording to restart)
    • Press the <REC> button to pause the recording
    • Use the menu button to enter the A119 Mini 2's settings menu
    • Scroll down to "Bitrate" and select that setting
    • Confirm the currently selected bitrate setting value is the one I selected in the app
    • Exit the Wifi and Settings screen
    • Allow video recording to resume and A119 Mini 2 announces "Recording Started"
    • Repeat test steps for the next "Bitrate" value to verified it can be set from the app correctly
Please make sure your VIOFO app version is at least v4.0 iOS or v3.2.14 for Android. Those app versions are mentioned in this post:

I don't have the app installed so I guess I'm fine then. I just use it the old fashion way. Move videos from the SD card to the computer if I ever need to.

@rcg530
If you do not have a problem with the ordering, we can say that the ordering is most likely written incorrectly in the language package.

IMG_20231227_094825.jpg

The solution is quite simple.
Only high will be written as low, and high will be written instead of low.

As I have previously reported, a standard should be set to prevent such mistakes.

The bit order for each camera must be the same. If we determine whether it will be high or low when we enter the menu, the problem will not occur in future cameras.

For example, in some models it is high or the maximum is at the bottom. It shouldn't be at the top on any other model. If this happens, simple errors will occur.

Just as the widest resolution always comes to the top in the resolution ranking of each camera, It can also be at the top when choosing a bit setting. This is purely an example.

@VIOFO-Support
I was waiting for you to come back.

Last edited:
@rcg530
If you do not have a problem with the ordering, we can say that the ordering is most likely written incorrectly in the language package.

View attachment 69955

The solution is quite simple.
Only high will be written as low, and high will be written instead of low.

As I have previously reported, a standard should be set to prevent such mistakes.

The bit order for each camera must be the same. If we determine whether it will be high or low when we enter the menu, the problem will not occur in future cameras.

For example, in some models it is high or the maximum is at the bottom. It shouldn't be at the top on any other model. If this happens, simple errors will occur.

Just as the widest resolution always comes to the top in the resolution ranking of each camera, It can also be at the top when choosing a bit setting. This is purely an example.

@VIOFO-Support
I was waiting for you to come back.
There may be a mistake when translating the language in the app. Please give us time to optimize this.

@VIOFO-Support @viofo

a119 mini 2 speaker always stays on. This problem was also present in the T130 and was later fixed. A119 mini 2 has the same problem.

How is control achieved?

When the camera is turned on or when you hold the camera to your ear while recording, you will hear a sound indicating that the speaker is on. This sound will be heard even if you turn off sound notification or beeps in the settings.

The speaker should be turned on and off again only when needed, like other cameras. It saves a little energy.

Also, be sure to lower the volume setting. because this loud sound may damage the speaker.

Hi all !
My new Viofo A119 Mini 2 came with firmware v1.0.20231121

Back