VIOFO A119 MINI_2 FIRMWARE

@VIOFO-Support @viofo

a119 mini 2 speaker always stays on. This problem was also present in the T130 and was later fixed. A119 mini 2 has the same problem.

How is control achieved?

When the camera is turned on or when you hold the camera to your ear while recording, you will hear a sound indicating that the speaker is on. This sound will be heard even if you turn off sound notification or beeps in the settings.

The speaker should be turned on and off again only when needed, like other cameras. It saves a little energy.

Also, be sure to lower the volume setting. because this loud sound may damage the speaker.
A119 mini 2 V1.0_20231030
@VIOFO-Support @viofo
When you want to watch video from the a119 mini 2 camera, the video sound becomes louder than in the menu.
This helps to hear the video recording while watching the video.
But when you go back to the menu, the loud sound persists. i.e. the menu and sound notification volume setting will be disabled until the next time it is turned on again.

This may happen to all models with a screen. because I created a history report for a129 pro but it did not work.

The microphone audio recording level setting in the application is not available in the camera menu.

The audio notification volume setting should be adjusted and the current high volume should be replaced by a medium volume.
so the current loudness level is too high.
The low noise level should be further reduced by decreasing it by one level. You can take the a229 pro/plus models as a reference sound.
@VIOFO-Support
The above problems continue in a119 mini 2 v1.0.20240201.

In this version, the "2" stamp remaining when the model stamp is closed has been corrected.
A video recording was created by cropping the real image instead of the suppressed view at 21:9 resolution. This will provide a better view.
Also, if you select FHD from the resolution setting, there will be a zoom effect.

So, I see A119Mini2 V1.0/Build 20230912 on my unit
I then go to website and see version V1.0_20231116
So, I download this. Format the SD card and copy the FWA119M2.bin file to the root of the A119Mini2.....
After it boots, I look at the version - NOTHING changes... still shows A119Mini2 V1.0/Build 20230912

Am I missing something?

So, I download this. Format the SD card and copy the FWA119M2.bin file to the root of the A119Mini2.....
After it boots, I look at the version - NOTHING changes... still shows A119Mini2 V1.0/Build 20230912

Am I missing something?
From what I remember when I did my gf camera. The card has to be formated to fat32 I think when its formated in the camera its in exfat, which if its over a certain size you need a program guiformat to do. Just google the program name. Then while in your computer still put the firmware on the card then put in the camera. Should update firmware then. After its done format the card again in the camera.

Am I missing something?
Two points you need to pay attention to when updating the firmware:
A: Format the card to FAT32 on your PC.
1. Select MS-DOS (FAT) in Disk Utility on MacBook;
2. Download the Gui Format tool from the link below if you use Windows.
https://viofo.com/download/guiformat.exe(do not tick quick format)
B: Make sure not to rename the file when you copy and paste it to the root of your card. There shall not be any (1) or symbols behind the file name.

Thank you JDtime and VIOFO-Support
Yup, updated now. I had formatted the 2gb card (used specifically for this type of function), but just FAT....

We're off to the races now.

Thanks!!

parking modes should be improved.
especially automatic motion image detection.
If motion detection is selected, all motion detections should be recorded as normal parking mode. should not lock.
When a coup occurs, it should be locked.

Also a new feature should be added.
Most users just want it to record at the time of impact. That is, the camera image sensor will constantly monitor and pre-record, but it will not record when it detects movement. It will only record 15 seconds in advance if there is an impact.

would you consider doing this? @viofo @VIOFO-Support

parking modes should be improved.
especially automatic motion image detection.
If motion detection is selected, all motion detections should be recorded as normal parking mode. should not lock.
When a coup occurs, it should be locked.

Also a new feature should be added.
Most users just want it to record at the time of impact. That is, the camera image sensor will constantly monitor and pre-record, but it will not record when it detects movement. It will only record 15 seconds in advance if there is an impact.

would you consider doing this? @viofo @VIOFO-Support
That's what I thought auto event detection would do, but apparently that function is broken and causes issues with the dashcam switching in and out of parking mode.

Version 4.2.1

Version: 3.2.16

Last edited:
Version 4.2.1

Version: 3.2.15
@VIOFO-Support
I updated the application. When you click on the recorded videos and want to play them, the application is reset and the video cannot be watched.

This was my question to the VIOFO support:
"I updated the application to version 3.2.15. When I click on the recorded videos and want to play them, the application is reset and the video cannot be watched.
Please help quick!"
This is the answer from the support:

"Please download the video to play it.
You can also disable the VIOFO APP from accessing cellular data in the setup. "

That is not a helpfull answer for me or am I not understanding it correctly?

Have you tried downloading video from the DVR to your smartphone using the new application and then playing it back in the application?

This was my question to the VIOFO support:
"I updated the application to version 3.2.15. When I click on the recorded videos and want to play them, the application is reset and the video cannot be watched.
Please help quick!"
This is the answer from the support:

"Please download the video to play it.
You can also disable the VIOFO APP from accessing cellular data in the setup. "

Please rest assured that the optimized app is being updated. Please reinstall it later.

Back