Viofo A119 Pre Production Sample Blog ( I'm calling it a blog )

Thanks! So you are only making assumption based on bits of info. I thought that you got some PM from @viofo telling you this.

No , Viofo has posted this information ...
Its a little confusing with so many threads ...

Viofo has thanked all Beta testers , and a few selected testers will be sent out a new A119 with GPS ..
Also there will be a new lens / lens housing , as to whether the new lens is compatible with the old lens ( firmware wise ? )
And whether Viofo will continue with the first Beta A119 ( new firmware ? ) , or have the information they want and are moving to the next Beta ?

No , Viofo has posted this information ...
Its a little confusing with so many threads ...

Viofo has thanked all Beta testers , and a few selected testers will be sent out a new A119 with GPS ..
Also there will be a new lens / lens housing , as to whether the new lens is compatible with the old lens ( firmware wise ? )
And whether Viofo will continue with the first Beta A119 ( new firmware ? ) , or have the information they want and are moving to the next Beta ?
I thought they said they tested several lenses and decided that the current one is the best.

I thought they said they tested several lenses and decided that the current one is the best.

Ok , I must have missed that ...

Thanks to both of you!

I have just remebered: there is a change related to the lens, they will use a metal lens holder.

I have just remebered: there is a change related to the lens, they will use a metal lens holder.

Not sure if they are doing any changes at the moment for the lens... @viofo said:
Regarding the lens, after we tested another 2 lens(one wide and one narrow), finally we decided to choose the current one.

This is what I was talking about :

The production version will use the metal lens holder, seems most of user prefer metal version.

The 3 Firmwares compared !
Top to bottom = First to last .....

Another video with firmware comparison

Back