Three 3 minute videos: 6Lm mod:

> Daylight < - is it overexposing on whites?

> Night <

> Dusk <

Even though the daylight clip is overexposed, when you are passing parked cars on opposite side of road and you pause the clip the reg numbers are nice and clear which they haven't been with most of the beta and official FW.

I've noticed that the camera struggles with focusing on the outer edges especially picking up number plates but with his FW when you were turning right at the junction where the sprinter van turned in the reg no was nice and clear on the edge with the video paused.

It looks better than your 612 during the day picking out the number plates ;-)

Couple of questions:-

1. Did you have a cpl on all the clips?
2. Are all the changes to the sharpness/brightness/edge etc on the customised FW applied to all the recorded resolutions ie same on 1440 as 1080p?

Cheers

Rob

Yes, I have the CPL on Rob. I have WDR off.

I only use 1440p, but I'm sure @BCHobbyist would confirm that the settings are applied to all the resolutions.

The NB612GW excels in daylight when viewed on my 4K tv, when watched at 4K.

Paul.

Yes, I have the CPL on Rob. I have WDR off.

I only use 1440p, but I'm sure @BCHobbyist would confirm that the settings are applied to all the resolutions.

The NB612GW excels in daylight when viewed on my 4K tv, when watched at 4K.

Paul.

Cheers mate really appreciated.

I've teased you on FB in the past about the 612 and you bit then too....sorry couldn't resist ;)

I know mate but I like to humour you... Lol..

Video sample, A119Pro - Beta version 6Ln
Resolution=1440P 30fps, WDR=off, Filter=on

https://mega.nz/#!Zd90VabL!jig-ZvJtHLAvPbnI3ZnacoFDNHLFui2keJkeuRpzajY

A 13 sec. video comparison (night) 7Tg vs 6Ln

https://mega.nz/#!4Q0EwQDI!hrmbDVy1Vp3JLjp9Hitukj-aLM4EJMe-kNSJLhBNlb0
Great comparison video, the 7Tg Stable version is the best, testing different sharpness values on Beta 6Lk-n series resulting different quality, thanks for sharing.
Request test footage on 6Lo Beta version which includes adjustments but very different from 7Tg, if possible both day and night clips needed.

6Lo Night & Day journeys: 1440p, CPL On, WDR Off

RAW FILE 6Lo NIGHT

RAW FILE 6Lo DAY

YouTube:

NIGHT:

DAY:

Paul.
Very good 6Lo Beta test footage, suggests +1 Sharpness and -1 Brightness, the flickering white clouds can be eliminated with Lens angle 0.5 click up, either night brightness is too high or fog. thanks for sharing

Footage :
MOD-6Lo

Night footage sample:
Night MOD-6Lo
EXCELLENT 6Lo footage, the lower light valley in shadow daytime clip is sharp and looks amazing, the night clip suggests slightly too bright with flaring under street lights. thanks for sharing these very exciting clips, well done Sir !
Your A119Pro Lens has perfect focus and windshield is perfectly clean with no marks or stone chips visible, this makes image quality assessment more accurate and easier.

Your DCTeam level has risen, you now qualify as WCE - Windshield Cleaning Expert, congratz!

What is your opinion of this night footage ? too bright?

Last edited:
@Slava7

How did you get your windscreen as crystal clear as that? Do you use anything commercially bought?

Paul.

Excellent 6Lo cloudy day footage, great lower light level test on best street in UK! this clip suggests +2 Edge Detection with -1 Brightness similar adjustments to other clips.
Your A119Pro Lens has perfect focus and that windshield is perfectly clean with no marks or stone chips visible, this makes image quality assessment more accurate and easier. I applaud both your efforts in providing a perfect view out the windshield. It takes me 20mins and 6 microfiber cloths to get crystal clear glass.

FWA119P_MOD-6Lo_v1.32+26Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge170+Brite127+Sat100B+DCTeam.bin

Your DCTeam level has risen, you now qualify as WCE - Windshield Cleaning Expert , also add DUK - Dashcam United Kingdom, congratz!

Excellent 6Lo cloudy day footage, great lower light level test on best street in UK! this clip suggests +2 Edge Detection with -1 Brightness similar adjustments to other clips.
Your A119Pro Lens has perfect focus and that windshield is perfectly clean with no marks or stone chips visible, this makes image quality assessment more accurate and easier. I applaud both your efforts in providing a perfect view out the windshield. It takes me 20mins and 6 microfiber cloths to get crystal clear glass.

Your DCTeam level has risen, you now qualify as WCE - Windshield Cleaning Expert , also add DUK - Dashcam United Kingdom, congratz!

Thanks for the feedback. WCE - Windshield Cleaning Expert :) I just used CarPlan Screen Clean spray, and good quality kitchen roll to clean the screen. I am still getting a lot of flaring from lights at night, so I would say the brightness is definitely a bit high. It is getting harder film over here now with the damper and wetter weather, plus the car only does short runs so not much time for the screen to get properly cleared.

Last edited:
@Slava7

How did you get your windscreen as crystal clear as that? Do you use anything commercially bought?

Paul.

No time to clean my windscreen (honestly!), I used XUKEY dashboard cover to reduced reflections, I think the best position is to place the DC is too closed to the windscreen glass.

(Dashboard cover)
COVER.jpg
(DC interior view)
LIVE.jpg
(note: the CPL filter I accidentally mark with small dot with pentel pen)
EXTERIOIR.jpg

and this is the latest footage of MOD-6Lo, the black car don´t want me to overtake.

bip-bip give me the way

No time to clean my windscreen (honestly!), I used XUKEY dashboard cover to reduced reflections, I think the best position is to place the DC is too closed to the windscreen glass.

(Dashboard cover)
View attachment 43027
(DC interior view)
View attachment 43028
View attachment 43029

and this is the latest footage of MOD-6Lo, the black car don´t want me to overtake.

bip-bip give me the way

Thank you for the update :)

(Dashboard cover)
View attachment 43027
(DC interior view)
View attachment 43028
View attachment 43029

bip-bip give me the way
BEST scenic Rally driving and brake testing footage! This 6Lo Beta test footage suggests +2 Edge Detection with -1 Brightness, thanks for sharing more of that interesting mountain town.
Creating new 6Lp today, thanks to everyone for testing.

Back