VIOFO A119 V3

I have a few of those also.

I meant the EVA foam.

If it lasts then the one spare will be enough, plus I suppose I could trim the V2 foam as I still have 3 of them. They are slightly different.

I'm sure I saw a post where it does wear out. I did check the fit before I applied the foam and there was a very slight wobble.

I'm just having a look through the first footage captured on v1.02 and seeing missing video between every clip - not frames but 10 seconds or so, possibly totally random.

The camera was reset to defaults and is set for 3 minute clips, but the clip times are all over the place - the video captured in the clips is absolutely fine but seems to end short of 3 minutes (all completely random run times) and then there's a gap in between all files of about 10 seconds or so.

The camera is hardwired via the HK3 kit with connection direct to camera and wasn't rebooting at these times as I'd have heard it as sounds are on.

Going to try another memory card - this was a brand new Transcend 128GB card (UHS-3, A1, V30) - has anyone else seen this behaviour?

It's happened while moving so shouldn't be the camera getting confused with parking modes etc.

Wondering if I've gotten one of the early models from Amazon that has hardware issues referred to in this thread - is there anyway of seeing from the serial?

Going to try another memory card - this was a brand new Transcend 128GB card (UHS-3, A1, V30) - has anyone else seen this behaviour?
worth a try, we've had a lot of grief with recent Transcend cards

If you have a bad SD-Card it will play havoc causing all sorts of problems. So the first thing is to try a reputable brand from a good source.

Is the 119V3 compatible with the GPS plate of the V119s? CPL filter certainly fits?

I ordered the 119V3, I am curious.

Interesting how Transcend used to be rated highly - I've got it bench testing with an Integral Pro 256GB card for now so will see if it makes the 3 minute mark over the next hour or so.

I've got a Sandisk 400GB card here too so will give that a go at some point as well, the Integral cards were rock solid elsewhere so hopefully they'll work fine in the A119v3.

Is the 119V3 compatible with the GPS plate of the V119s? CPL filter certainly fits?

I ordered the 119V3, I am curious.
No. the V3 gps is wired differently internally.

Interesting how Transcend used to be rated highly - I've got it bench testing with an Integral Pro 256GB card for now so will see if it makes the 3 minute mark over the next hour or so.
yeah Jon got burnt on the new Transcend cards and had to send a significant quantity back for credit, behaving exactly like yours are

If you have a bad SD-Card it will play havoc causing all sorts of problems. So the first thing is to try a reputable brand from a good source.
Yes I've only ever bought direct from Amazon or MyMemory. Which cards are tested good in the A119v3 please?

The camera is going into parking mode while bench testing so will give it a spin in the car.

yeah Jon got burnt on the new Transcend cards and had to send a significant quantity back for credit, behaving exactly like yours are
Probably explains why they're so cheap at the moment too :unsure: Are their High Endurance cards flaky too?

Samsung, Viofo, Sandisk etc have never caused any problem to me.
I've killed a couple of the Samsung cards in CCTV cameras, not sure why but some of their recent cards really don't play well with Dahua. One of my Toshiba cards after over 2 years of 24/7 recording, can't really argue at that innings :)

the High Endurance may be ok, I haven't tested though so wouldn't like to vouch for them based on how their other cards are performing

the High Endurance may be ok, I haven't tested though so wouldn't like to vouch for them based on how their other cards are performing
Sounds like the beancounters are in charge over there now, I'll swerve them totally for now thank-you and use that card for another project :)

I've killed a couple of the Samsung cards in CCTV cameras, not sure why but some of their recent cards really don't play well with Dahua. One of my Toshiba cards after over 2 years of 24/7 recording, can't really argue at that innings :)
Different hardware different results!

I’m not sure I want to even bother testing them after so many problems with Transcend cards in general this year. I’m very happy with Sandisk High Endurance U3 cards

Back