VIOFO A119 V3

The "bug" reported only seems to affect a very few cams and if you buy from Amazon there is a no hassle return policy that runs for at least 28 days from purchase in the UK not sure if the same policy else where in world. So you buy the V3 in confidence in the UK and if is troublesome on receiving it, you can get you money back.
Some users may get the early samples that didn't apply the hardware fix so has the not automatically power on issue.
According to our support team report, we only received less than 10 users report this, we can replace for it for free.

Some users may get the early samples that didn't apply the hardware fix so has the not automatically power on issue.
According to our support team report, we only received less than 10 users report this, we can replace for it for free.

VIOFO, please explain "We can replace it for free" Will you pay the return shipping from US to China? I had to pay the shipping back to china and am currently awaiting a refund of my purchase price, it's been almost 3 weeks and still waiting for refund. My RMA# is 201907051605

There are only a few very early units shipped from China that might need to be replaced. I’d like to offer OCD Tronic help assist with these and process them at the OCD Tronic office in Carson City Nevada. Send us a Private Message with your details. We will add them to our RMA batch. It should only be around $4 to ship just the main camera USPS First Class since it’s well under 1lbs. We can’t process all non-OCD Tronic A119 V3 orders of course long term but happy to help with the new product launch as needed. Again there are no problems with the stock we received and have in Amazon fulfillment.

VIOFO, please explain "We can replace it for free" Will you pay the return shipping from US to China? I had to pay the shipping back to china and am currently awaiting a refund of my purchase price, it's been almost 3 weeks and still waiting for refund. My RMA# is 201907051605
I have forwarded to our support team and will speed up for RMA.

Thanks for @OCD Tronic for helping.

Will the V3 replace the V2 (any planned date?) or will both exist and the V3 be the hardware upgrade?

Last edited:
I think it will be a natural dis-continuation of the V2 as stock depletes. Comparing the V2 and V3, I would not buy another V2 even though the video quality is good it can not compete with the V3. The question is how long will the V2 be support by firmware upgrades and how much further can it go.

I think it will be a natural dis-continuation of the V2 as stock depletes. Comparing the V2 and V3, I would not buy another V2 even though the video quality is good it can not compete with the V3. The question is how long will the V2 be support by firmware upgrades and how much further can it go.

Your point of view makes sense - the V2 doesn't compete but I think it does offer excellent value. It does 85-90% of what's needed - if people spent the rest on getting a good microSD card I think it would be better.

I also think the V2 is great if you need to stick your camera in the corner of your windshield as some locations require based on obstruction laws.

Your point of view makes sense - the V2 doesn't compete but I think it does offer excellent value. It does 85-90% of what's needed - if people spent the rest on getting a good microSD card I think it would be better.

I also think the V2 is great if you need to stick your camera in the corner of your windshield as some locations require based on obstruction laws.
I'm sure it will be available whilever it still sells, it's one of their more popular models still, they won't discontinue it while people are still buying them

Given the recent reviews that say that the V3 can read number plates at greater closing speeds, plus the other rave reviews of the unit in general ........

...... ordered, arriving today :D

Last edited:
Installed ....

CPL fitted
Firmware upgraded to 1.02
Bitrate to high
Resolution to 1440
All movement related sensors either off or low, depending on what's available
Parking mode off
Frequency to 60hz

What have I got wrong ?

The only thing I would suggest is Frequency to 50Hz for the UK.

Congratulations on being another V3 owner user.

Thanks, back to 50hz it is.

Wonder if I can get some more of those black acoustic pads. Got it right first time on the V2 but it took 3 goes on the V3. They seemed stickier and slightly thinner. Only got 1 left in stock now.

The V3 are easier to peel the protective cover off if you are referring to the sticky for the screen. I've got a few spare pity you can not email them.

Could be the foam sticky for anti vibration between the mount and cam, that he means.

Back