VIOFO A119 V3

It does seem that there maybe some V3 teething problems ? Given that and :

Savvy dashcam buyers know to wait a few months before purchasing new models, allowing time for kinks, bugs, flaws to be identified and fixed.
Many aren't aware Viofo is about to release another new dashcam model with >stable< 4-clip GPS mount, not the unstable single clip 2016 design.

I think I'll hang on a while.

Today I traveled and never had any failures, mystica !! :D

I have not experienced any of the "Teething problems" with the V3 using any of the released firmwares.

There is always a new product round the corner, the new dashcam is "A129pro" with the main benefit of 4K over other models. If you are unable to play true 4K there may be little to gain by waiting for this model. Expect it's release in a month or 2.

+1 Tractor.

Mine has been fine too, as has all the Viofo cams I have used, each one working as they should.

That said, I'm interested in the 4k to compare to my NB 612 GW...

Is this the best camera with a screen for low light?
Can the m12 lens be changed?
Can it be powered by usb 5v?

Need something reliable and easy to setup for night filming.

Are referring to the Yi or A119 v3. If it's the Yi you have posted it the wrong forum.

The yi link showed what I was doing.
Need recommendation on a easy to set up low light camera with screen.

There are plenty of samples within the thread check them out and make your own mind up. Most electronic items will produce heat in use. Best of luck.

A119V3 £10 off for Amazon UK prime day:
Screenshot_20190714-203649-01.jpeg

This is my first A series dash cam and i've had a little time to test and use it now with the ACC lead but as both are new to me, i'd just like to run my thoughts by you guys if that's ok to get some opinions.
I'm using the latest firmware also

I live in Scotland where summers are short and winters are long.
I'm using the lens filter on the front with WDR off as most of the time it's quite bright, but in the winter months when it's more cloudy, overcast and dark most of the time i plan to remove the lens filter (forgot it's correct name) and use WDR on.
Would this be the best option with these features and hardware?

My PC monitor and TV are only 1080p. Is it still advantageous to run it at it's native resolution rather than turn it down to 1080p? Would screenshots taken be better for potentially reading number plates with better clarity? (it's on native just now)

Living in Scotland with the short summers and cold winters, i've set the ACC low voltage cut off to 12.4v. Does anyone in cold climates, run it lower?

With the parking feature and the ACC lead i've set it to medium motion detection, medium g sensor sensitivity but i've noticed no matter what those settings are set to, when i turn off the ignition the camera continues to record until the low voltage kicks in. I had assumed it should go into a standby type mode then awake if any impact, or any substantial movement in front of it.
Because i park in a busy street, i've started to just switch off the camera manually when i park, but leave the ACC parking thing on when parking on days out away from home, or at shops etc.
Any tips if i'm missing something with this, as it's all very new to me

Many thanks for all insight and advice.

This is my first A series dash cam and i've had a little time to test and use it now with the ACC lead but as both are new to me, i'd just like to run my thoughts by you guys if that's ok to get some opinions.
I'm using the latest firmware also
I live in Scotland where summers are short and winters are long.
I'm using the lens filter on the front with WDR off as most of the time it's quite bright, but in the winter months when it's more cloudy, overcast and dark most of the time i plan to remove the lens filter (forgot it's correct name) and use WDR on.
Would this be the best option with these features and hardware?
My PC monitor and TV are only 1080p. Is it still advantageous to run it at it's native resolution rather than turn it down to 1080p? Would screenshots taken be better for potentially reading number plates with better clarity? (it's on native just now)
Living in Scotland with the short summers and cold winters, i've set the ACC low voltage cut off to 12.4v. Does anyone in cold climates, run it lower?
With the parking feature and the ACC lead i've set it to medium motion detection, medium g sensor sensitivity but i've noticed no matter what those settings are set to, when i turn off the ignition the camera continues to record until the low voltage kicks in. I had assumed it should go into a standby type mode then awake if any impact, or any substantial movement in front of it.
Because i park in a busy street, i've started to just switch off the camera manually when i park, but leave the ACC parking thing on when parking on days out away from home, or at shops etc.
Any tips if i'm missing something with this, as it's all very new to me
Many thanks for all insight and advice.
The CPL filter reduces dash reflections but does dim brightness slightly, for maximum brightness in winter months removing CPL is great idea, turning WDR On also can improve brightness issues depending on scene. Always select 1440p on A119V3 for maximum license plate clarity. Hardwire Kit set to 12.4v is the safest to reduce battery discharging too low, could select 12.2v or 12.0 for longer parking protection duration.

Currently working on new firmware Parking Mode configuration to eliminate all useless visual detection clips (7 days)
Until then suggest changing Parking Mode to
Parking Mode = Auto Event Detection
Parking G-sensor = High Sensitivity
Parking Motion Detection = Low Sensitivity

Does this affect only the initial batch or all batches?
Just checked my unit and it's a XXX0952

Is the startup bug only with the hardwire kit, or hardwire kit AND USB adapter?

I haven't installed mine yet, and navigating the fuse panel is going to be a nightmare I feel.

Last edited:
I live in Canada where the winter temperatures can hit -30°C or lower.

I intend on using the 12.4v voltage cutoff setting due to my vehicle having so many "always on" systems in it.

Savvy Dashcam buyers know to privately record new product 'unboxing' video not only for proof of condition, arrival day, but also contents and serial numbers for later reference.

Last edited:
Can you link? I'm not seeing any sales. Thx

Against the rules for sellers to post links on here.
We are the only A119 V3 seller on Amazon and all prices have been reduced for 2 days.
It won’t say Prime Day deal on the listings as we just manually lowered the prices. I’ll send you a private message.

I did not record my original cameras serial number, but I did order it directly from Viofo's website prior to it being available in the USA. The last 2 I received from Amazon are working fine.

The "bug" reported only seems to affect a very few cams and if you buy from Amazon there is a no hassle return policy that runs for at least 28 days from purchase in the UK not sure if the same policy else where in world. So you buy the V3 in confidence in the UK and if is troublesome on receiving it, you can get you money back.

I got mines from Amazon UK and although i was worried about the bug reported, i've no issues with the dash cam powering up off the ACC cable on the original or latest firmware thankfully.

Back