VIOFO A119 V3

Is this an increased bitrate from stock and if so does it affect running temps ?

A119 V3 V2.0 Firmware
FWA119V3.bin

1. Added 2560 x 1440P 60fps video resolution
  2. Added HDR support.
  3. Added Image Mirror option
  4. Added Parking Recording Timer option
  5. Added Enter Parking Mode Timer option
  6. Added auto fix the corrupted file after restart
  7. Fixed .TS format video in-camera playback issue
  8. Fixed time-lapse 60fps, 120fps playback issue.
  9. Fixed EV setting not saved issue after the restart
  10. Menu language translation update

Anyone do a critique on the new update?
Questioning if this is a must have.

-60 fps: better than current limit of 30fps? Downsides?
-Good to keep HDR on all the time? Advantages?
-Why Image mirror, unless you were aimed at an actual mirror?

I've only just twigged, this is the official Viofo firmware. 2560 x 1440P 60fps video resolution will do very nicely to reduce motion blur and trap number plates more clearly.

I am puzzled by the instructions though, normally it won't work via a PC and you have to plug the dashcam into the car or a wall socket. I've used a wall socket.

Perhaps by keeping the sd card away from the computer they might avoid some other user induced issues.
I'm thinking I'll give it a whirl.
I think the older versions are available, in case of wanting to downgrade.

edit: You're right. Only device card access plugged into laptop.

Last edited:
I've got some of the older versions in stock, including the last one, just in case.

I can Dropbox the last one if anyone needs it.

Not sure what Parking Mode Timer is.
Choice is 0 or 90 seconds.
With Parking Mode on, with Parking Recording timer set to 1 hour, it doesn't go into Parking Mode after 90 seconds.

No more WDR setting? (I thought I remember it had WDR, that I had set to off).
HDR taking its place?

Resetting all the various options I know is needed but I kept pressing the wrong buttons and cancelling what I'd set, till I got used to the sequence.

Left, right, up, down, set. What a faff :)

All done now

Dynamic Range / Wide or High
As i myself are getting wider, i would prefer my Dynamic Range to get Higher.

Is the Parking Mode Timer, ie, 0 or 90 seconds delay, only for the HK3 (ACC trigger) setup, or should it go into parking mode with it resting on the table with power fed to it?

Is the Parking Mode Timer, ie, 0 or 90 seconds delay, only for the HK3 (ACC trigger) setup, or should it go into parking mode with it resting on the table with power fed to it?
I have not seen this feature yet, but I would assume it applies only when using the HK3 kit.

It will work without the HK3, however once asleep it won't wake up again, with the HK3 it will wake up again on ignition which is far more useful. (Based on my test on another Viofo camera, not A119.)

Reactions: gse
Back