VIOFO A119 V3

Or the free Dashcam Viewer program. With that, if you know roughly where you were you can find the location on the aligned map to narrow down the time.

Thank you, I don't want to necessarily edit them, just looking for the quickest way to find the actual event in the video (the reason I saved it).
Registrator Viewer, it is small and free. Or just use a PC player like MPC-BE.

enjoy,
Mtz

Just noticed they updated firmware 2.1 on the firmware page.

Latest A119 V3 Dash Camera firmware is released, the version number is V2.1(update 2020.1113), please check the attachment.

A119 V3 V2.1 Firmware Change log:​

1. Added Norwegian language support
  2. Fix the problem that the camera won't get into the parking mode without the HK3 hardwire kit.

If it's just those 2 then I don't need it ?

I think this time ...... if it ain't broke .......

I was hoping the flickering in low light issue reported and discussed here last July (six months ago) would finally get some attention in the firmware, assuming it was fixable in the first place. If I understand correctly, the only current solution for those who experienced it is to shoot 1440 @ 30 fps instead of 60 fps.

So, basically adding 60fps @ 1440 to the firmware and adding HDR to the firmware never worked properly.

It's a shame no one near me has the flickering issue. London UK.

I'd be happy to take their cam for a few days, connect it to my base and use my card and see what results I get.

That way we could rule out power and card.

I'd be happy to take their cam for a few days, connect it to my base and use my card and see what results I get.

I know I already ruled out power and card(s) and I believe others have as well.

50/60Hz issue maybe????

Just for ref I've got HDR off. I'll turn it on for testing .....

do you get the problem both with HDR on or off?

HDR performance was a separate issue that caused a double exposure effect that appeared to be a flaw in the syncing of the two simultaneous 30 fps captures at the default @60 fps HDR rate. The flickering issue seems to occur @ 60 fps with or without HDR enabled. This would be of course, using the Viofo official v 2.0 firmware.

So, the latest is the best? Thank you.
Are there somewhere RAW video files taken with 2.1 firmware?

Back