VIOFO A119 V3

Yes, indeed, but maybe new features are in the 2.1. Or maybe some of old ones work better?
And maybe it causes problems?

I always wait to see what other people experience before updating anything, even if what I'm using isn't working well. Better to let others deal with potential trouble than me- I can wait a few days instead ;)

Phil

It's so hard to revert to the previous version of firmware, if a version doesn't satisfy you? ;)

It's so hard to revert to the previous version of firmware, if a version doesn't satisfy you? ;)
It's not hard if you can access it, but sometimes a cam manufacturer's website will delete older FW's, and unless you or someone else has a copy saved then going back may not be so easy. It has happened to me twice, and only one time could I find the copy I wanted. It has happened with other people here too :(

I always advise patience and caution when updating FW because things can go wrong. If you do nothing then at least you know what your problems are ;)

Phil

It's not hard if you can access it, but sometimes a cam manufacturer's website will delete older FW's

I always advise patience and caution when updating FW because things can go wrong. If you do nothing then at least you know what your problems are ;)

Phil
That's why there are friends. ;)

Yes, an update of FW is risky (especially custom FW), but if the update to the original FW fails, there is a product warranty ... by the way there is recovery firmware/procedure for the bricked A119v3?

In general recovery of Ambrealla based cameras have been the most problematic as it require another way to flash, and a computer which these days many people dont have + the direct USB software.
Novatek cameras as i understand it you just have to try again / use the proper firmware and you should be good.

Not sure how things are related to the A119v3

I also had to return to V1.03 firmware. I had horizontal stripes at night even in 30fps though not so bad like 60fps mode. Next time i will read user opinions before installing new firmware. @ursamajor thanks for the link with older firmwares.

FW 201 20200930 for some reason worse than the version of FW 201 20200901, again a quiet sound, worse exposure processing
Hello @vvs49 !

Could you post both of these versions, please? I seek to collect all versions, including ones with bugs, so that I can switch between firmware in order to test.

• FW v2.01-(2020.09.01)
  • FW v2.01-(2020.09.30)

I currently have FW v2.01-(2020.11.13).

Are there additional versions as well between (2020.09.30) and (2020.11.13) that I am missing?

Also, am I one of a few with very low audio levels- or are others just not concerned about it? I've seen a few others mention it, but no fixes? Both my A119 V3 are the same.
I wouldn't have been bothered by a low volume, but the sound of my camera was ... non-existent. A defective copy, definitely.
Can you upload a piece of a video?

Are there additional versions as well between (2020.09.30) and (2020.11.13) that I am missing?
I don't know, you need to know the build.
I have 2.01
FW 2.01 20200901 15-09-20
FW 2.01 20200930 04-10-20

Interesting one.......

I switched back to 60fps this morning. Initially I plugged my USB cable into an old HTC mobile adapter and the V3 refused to boot. No red Rec light. I then plugged the cable into a wall socket that has USB built in and all OK.

So I tested the HTC brick and it's fine.

Checking the specs, the HTC only pushes out 5V 1A so the posts we get where units don't record/boot could very well be lack of power from some adapters.

I wouldn't have been bothered by a low volume, but the sound of my camera was ... non-existent.

I just compared the two and one I would class as "acceptable" (but poor compared to my previous Mobius) e.g. it's hard to hear the indicators operating. The other doesn't pick up much at all and requires the volume to be turned right up to hear music playing in the car. It does appear to pick up road noise better than voice. I think they're running different firmware though, so I need to experiment a bit more.

Try installing firmware 2.0 and try again ?

That way we can determine whether this volume issue is hardware or software

I resisted the urge to install 2.1 and seems a good move.

I don't know, you need to know the build.
I have 2.01
FW 2.01 20200901 15-09-20
FW 2.01 20200930 04-10-20
Would you please post a download link for both builds? Thank you very much for your help!

Back