VIOFO A119 V3

I did not compress it before uploading.
You seem to have the same issue as Dark_vs_Evil, the issue is visible in the original files.
Kremmen does not have the same issue.
What is the difference between Kremmen's camera and yours?
Hardware, firmware, settings? Something must be different...

You could upload an original file to google drive or somewhere so that we can check...

You could upload an original file to google drive or somewhere so that we can check...

Can you check with the originals i provided?
I mean i even uploaded different FW versions.
Maybe there's something to see that can help.

By the way... Dark_vs_Evil... that's a good one. :hilarious: ;)

Still hoping that someone or some more can test his/her cam with an external/integrated USB port vs. the original adapter.

Nextbase hardwire kit 1 wired to fusebox accessory pin (not piggybacked)

Resolution - 2560x1440P 60fps
Bitrate - High
Loop - 3 minutes
Video - MP4
EV +0.0
HDR - Off
Parking Mode - Off
G Sensor Off
LED On
Frequency 50Hz (UK standard)

Samsung Evo Plus U3 128Gb, tested to write @ 60.496 MB/s :

vK4NG66.jpg

ZQnmEfM.jpg

Last edited:
Still hoping that someone or some more can test his/her cam with an external/integrated USB port vs. the original adapter.

Depends on the car and age but if older then it will be a USB 1.0 port which has a max output of 0.5a which is why they struggle.

For example in my 3 series if I use that port to charge my phone whilst using Waze for route guidance, the port can’t supply the required current so over the course of a journey I’ll end up with less battery percentage in the phone.

Hi folks, I had to downgrade to 1.03 version from official 2.0 fw too. I have also tried the unofficial 2.01 fw which was posted by a member here. Simply put, the random sized horizontal banding issues in low light conditions starting from 2.0 fw were just too much for me. This doesn't happen with 1.03 fw. I would rather have proper 1440p/30fps in all lighting conditions. So I definitely think this is a firmware issue which started to appear with 2.0 firmware. Btw, I am using Viofo's latest hardwiring kit.

I posted my card specs just in case the cam is struggling to write the data quick enough. Given I have no issue I'm trying to help determine what the issue could be.

If it was firmware then surely I'd have the same issue ?

I had the horizontal banding issues with 2.0 fw even when the cams were put to 1440p/30fps, although it wasn't that frequent than 1440p/60fps, but randomly it was still there. So still waiting for a proper resolution/acknowledgment from Viofo. If not, the hardwire kit is a universal one and I can easily switch to other models.

Nextbase hardwire kit 1 wired to fusebox accessory pin (not piggybacked)

Resolution - 2560x1440P 60fps
Bitrate - High
Loop - 3 minutes
Video - MP4
EV +0.0
HDR - Off
Parking Mode - Off
G Sensor Off
LED On
Frequency 50Hz (UK standard)

Samsung Evo Plus U3 128Gb, tested to write @ 60.496 MB/s :

vK4NG66.jpg

ZQnmEfM.jpg

I'm using the Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB, advertised with up to R: 100 MB/s & W: 30 MB/s.
I preferred the endurance part over the max. write speed.
But who knows.
Only time will tell. :finger:

Attachments

• Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB.jpg
    Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6
Depends on the car and age but if older then it will be a USB 1.0 port which has a max output of 0.5a which is why they struggle.

For example in my 3 series if I use that port to charge my phone whilst using Waze for route guidance, the port can’t supply the required current so over the course of a journey I’ll end up with less battery percentage in the phone.

Don't know if it's important but i forgot to mention that my Megane is the late 2018 version.
No clue if this says anything about the reliability of the USB ports.
But i can run Sygic or any other navigation software on my iPhone 6S+ using the integrated ports without loosing battery power.

For a few Euro you can buy an inexpensive USB test meter that will read out the voltage, current and certain other data of the USB ports in your vehicle.

The original one was called Charger Doctor and they are usually the cheapest available. There are newer, more expensive versions available that are far more sophisticated, almost like mini plug-in multi-meters.

Some of us long time dash cam owners here on the forum wouldn't be with one of these as an essential dash cam accessory.

charger-doctor.jpeg

meter1.png

meter2.png

I'd still be interested to see whether this flickering still appears indoors when powered from a mobile phone USB 'brick' in a dark room.

The copy of 2.1 that VIOFO sent me to test is from August... there is no HDR setting and it is very obviously not turned on based on how blown out the lights are at night. The flickering at 60fps is still very bad driving in the dark countryside with only my headlights.

The best video quality with the least amount of flickering I've gotten so far was from @vvs49 latest firmware posted here, but unfortunately with his firmware the camera freezes after the first parking mode clip in "Auto Event Detection" mode so I can't use it.

Are there any news regarding a new official firmware that fixes the 60fps bug?

Hey guys, quick question.

How do you guys edit your files?

What I mean is this... I tend to "download" my saved videos from the camera once every 2 months...
By that time, I already have at least 20 saved videos (5 minutes long each I think). I have to wath the video until I see the event I want to cut-out.

Is there a software that show where exactly in the video I pushed the (!) button in order to jump directly to that portion of the video?

Thanks.

Hey guys, quick question.

How do you guys edit your files?

What I mean is this... I tend to "download" my saved videos from the camera once every 2 months...
By that time, I already have at least 20 saved videos (5 minutes long each I think). I have to wath the video until I see the event I want to cut-out.

Is there a software that show where exactly in the video I pushed the (!) button in order to jump directly to that portion of the video?

Thanks.
I just use shorter file times for everything. Makes finding anything easier and if I want to share the clip I just post the whole one minute.
Haven't gotten into editing yet.

Phil

I just use shorter file times for everything. Makes finding anything easier and if I want to share the clip I just post the whole one minute.
Haven't gotten into editing yet.

Phil
Thank you, I don't want to necessarily edit them, just looking for the quickest way to find the actual event in the video (the reason I saved it).

I've downloaded Avidemux as per @vvs49's advice. Looks great, i just don't think it has the feature I'm looking for (some kind of metatag/timestamp where I pushed the (!) button).
Maybe there is no software that has this.

Back