Viofo A119S dash camera reviews

I wanted to chime in and share my experience. I picked up two A119S cams on Amazon US right after they showed up on the site. One for me and one for my father. I quickly noticed the soft focus of the image on the right side of the picture with the unit I put in my car. After seeing that I put my father's unit in my car to check the image quality and found it to be a lot better in comparison with just a bit of softness on at edges of the image.

I ended up returning the unit with the soft focus issue and buying the Street Guardian sg9665gc v3 today. Should be an interesting comparison. This thread would lead me to believe there's a consistency issue with the lens to be addressed, though. Once that's taken care of and the firmware matures a bit I think the A119S will be a great value.

I think all video quality less than it should be. You can read licence plates only of one standing car and only really big advertising near the road.
Mine should arrive in three days, hope it will be better.
I saw few examples and found that on firmware 1.3 (even it is beta) result much better than 1.0
Where I can see camera firmware and how I can update it?

Where did you see the examples of beta 1.3?

And here is my first part of the review for the 119S with CPL and GPS, full explained menu walk-through included.

Back