Viofo A119S dash camera reviews

I am having the same issue with the a119s being blurry in the left, and am seeing other reports of this. Is it possible there is in fact an issue?
Could be, I haven't looked at the current version to know if there's an issue there or not

I am having the same issue with the a119s being blurry in the left, and am seeing other reports of this. Is it possible there is in fact an issue?

The camera was blurry in my first test on the right. I've had the same issue when reviewing the Blackvue DR650GW from a known good camera. I think it has to do with the physics of your windshield. I moved the Blackvue to the other half of the windshield and it fixed it. I'm going to try the same for the A119S and report back.

Could be, I haven't looked at the current version to know if there's an issue there or not
Please let me know if you find something out. I hope it's just a firmware issue, and not a production issue, as otherwise it is a great camera.

The camera was blurry in my first test on the right. I've had the same issue when reviewing the Blackvue DR650GW from a known good camera. I think it has to do with the physics of your windshield. I moved the Blackvue to the other half of the windshield and it fixed it. I'm going to try the same for the A119S and report back.
It does it inside as well. I will post a thread tomorrow with examples of what I mean.

I am having the same issue, where did you buy yours? I am beginning to think they have a larger issue than they think.
I`ve bought it from Foxoffer, my friend. And I`m not glad to be the beta-tester of their assembling line.
I understand, that software will be better in future, in fact, I like the video quality even in stock, but blurryness due to mistakes in assembling lenses... this is trully sad. I`ve paid 110$ not to be a beta-tester. And more - very, VERY slow support (last message from Viofo was 3 days ago in my case, and still no results).

I am having the same issue, where did you buy yours? I am beginning to think they have a larger issue than they think.
Same issue and I bought it from a Canadian Seller Enjoy Gadgets on Amazon.ca

I`ve bought it from Foxoffer, my friend. And I`m not glad to be the beta-tester of their assembling line.
I understand, that software will be better in future, in fact, I like the video quality even in stock, but blurryness due to mistakes in assembling lenses... this is trully sad. I`ve paid 110$ not to be a beta-tester. And more - very, VERY slow support (last message from Viofo was 3 days ago in my case, and still no results).

Two days ago @jokiin mentioned in another thread that the Viofo staff are away for a trade show at the moment and have had limited internet access while traveling. Maybe that's why you haven't heard back yet?

Thought I'd go for the A119, then found the A119S was the newer version, checked out the video comparisons on YouTube and to me the daylight footage seems clearer with the S except for a winter video where the snow was definitely tinged with yellow (CPL Problem?) but notice boards seemed clearer and easier to read, as were registration numbers.
However the night time footage was, to me anyway, better with the 119. The S footage looked like it was taken through a light fog, poor definition and grey cast.

Can the A119S lens filter be used on the A119? Just weighing up my options as to what to replace my Mobius with.

Also anyone yet tried either through 25% tinted windows?

Same issue and I bought it from a Canadian Seller Enjoy Gadgets on Amazon.ca
I bought mine on the USA Amazon. So likely means it is not just a specific supply, but rather than a larger issue. I guess we have to wait for @viofo to comment.

Update for Viofo support:
Viofo answered me and asked for videosamples. After sending them videosamples they offered me a replacement for my camera (due to blurry left side). Waiting for adress and so on. Hope everything would be ok. Thanks, Viofo!

So... is it better now to talk with them or with reseller (Foxoffer)? It seems there will be more customers requesting for camera replacement

^^^ Exactly my question... Is this a hardware issue or firmware? Viofo reps PLEASE chime in... What do we do?

^^^ Exactly my question... Is this a hardware issue or firmware? Viofo reps PLEASE chime in... What do we do?
It's hardware.
If you still not sure: Not everyone has issues with blurryness, but we all have the same software on cameras.
So... is it better now to talk with them or with reseller (Foxoffer)? It seems there will be more customers requesting for camera replacement
I guess, if you want money back and no camera -> Foxoffer; if you need a working camera -> Viofo.

My camera is sharp across the lens.

If it ends up being a hardware defect I pose this question...when we return it under the 1 yr warranty how do we know if an exchange will be with a unit that is not defective... maybe the whole production batch and ongoing production is affected. Maybe Viofo himself doesn't know about the defect maybe just now he will know and will be aware of problem.

you can see left blurry side
I think all video quality less than it should be. You can read licence plates only of one standing car and only really big advertising near the road.
Mine should arrive in three days, hope it will be better.
I saw few examples and found that on firmware 1.3 (even it is beta) result much better than 1.0
Where I can see camera firmware and how I can update it?

Last edited:
Back