Viofo A119S V2, A119 Pro or Street Guardian SGGCX2 as primary dashcam?

un hombre

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

I have been using A119S V2 as my primary windscreen dashcam for many months and have been really happy with it.
The firmware is now mature and video quality is very satisfactory.

I decided to buy another dash cam so that the rear of my car is covered.
I wanted to move my current A119S V2 to the back and buy another one on the front.

The question is - which one will give me a better day/night video quality?
Is there anything that comes close to A119S V2 at night?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have been using A119S V2 as my primary windscreen dashcam for many months and have been really happy with it.
The firmware is now mature and video quality is very satisfactory.

I decided to buy another dash cam so that the rear of my car is covered.
I wanted to move my current A119S V2 to the back and buy another one on the front.

The question is - which one will give me a better day/night video quality?
Is there anything that comes close to A119S V2 at night?

Thanks!

The A119S does well as a rear cam. Since you're happy with its performance, might as well get another for the rear.

If you're looking for better video quality, check out the A119 and A119 Pro. Both record at 1440p/30fps. At night the A119S is better.

The X2 employs IMX323, another sensor with good daytime and low-light performance. IMX291 is newer and more sensitive (better in low-light).

Don't know whether SG has started retailing the SG9663DC (IMX291) without the rear camera. If available, that's one worth checking out.

What about the AR0521 on the A119 Pro?

In theory a Starvis sensor like IMX291 from A119S should be the best solution for a rear camera. The firmwares from Street Guardian are the most developed from what I know and they should offer great image quality. They also have more image settings in menu compared to Viofo.

enjoy,
Mtz

In theory a Starvis sensor like IMX291 from A119S should be the best solution for a rear camera. The firmwares from Street Guardian are the most developed from what I know and they should offer great image quality. They also have more image settings in menu compared to Viofo.

enjoy,
Mtz

Would the A119 PRO beat it the A119S in night performance?

I too have a tough time in making decisions and about the time I think the decision is made I see another discussion/review with so many varying thoughts on one model over another. I currently run a Papago S30 (capacitor) which has been a reliable dash cam. I am looking for a 2nd cam for my Jeep (vertical windshield) and like the 'wedge' form factor of either SG (preferred) and/or Viofo for that application. However my budget is around $125 USD so regrettably that takes the SG off my short list. I was looking at either the Viofo A119 or A119s then came along the A119 PRO. My driving is 65% day and 35% night but would like something fairly decent for those times of night driving. Now that the PRO has been firmware updated to v1.32 could I possibly get some feedback for which of the Viofo might be my best option for my driving situation?. Or it could be I can wait until Black Friday in hopes SG might run some really great sales:)

Then think to Viofo A129.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can't decide what to buy A119v2 or A119 PRO. A119 has wider viewing angle, but A119 PRO has better shooting quality. What do you recommend?

Back