VIOFO A129 Duo (Pre-production sample)

Yea - bitrate is very good, when I looked (neglected to take a screenie) it read just over 41,000

This is my first chance to share footage from my A129 Duo

I assume its the CPL filter on the front camera that make the 2 steams so different ? front one are more vivid

Yea - bitrate is very good, when I looked (neglected to take a screenie) it read just over 41,000

Wow. I would be curious to see what the low settings yields hehe. Thanks for sharing.

Wow wow wow........This is bananas. I am seeing 43 Mbps bitrate. That's awesome. It varies throughout the video from 38 Mbps minimum to 43 Mbs max. If so that's highest from any camera.

I'm assuming that's a HIGH setting? I didn't think this was possible with this camera?

keep in mind there is two files here and the video has been re-encoded

keep in mind there is two files here and the video has been re-encoded

So does that mean it's 20 Mbps for front recording let's say?

It would be better to post front RAW video file so we can see what each stream produces :)

better to look at each raw stream

Cool so would be cool if he posted one raw file, stream front let's say. I knew this was too good to be true haha but still very good quality even if it's 20 Mbps.

I think extreme settings on Blackvue 900s is 35Mbps which is quite high. Maybe there should be 3 settings low 12 Mbps, medium 20 Mbps and High 30 Mbps lol. Asking too much???

Medium would probably be optimal not to fill up sd card too quickly but would be cool to have 30Mbps too for 256GB sd cards.

This is my first chance to share footage from my A129 Duo. I haven't got it situated in the right position on the front cos the sweep of the wiper blade ends in vision leaving the dust off the screen at the top of the arc. The audio is very good, on this I had the window down on the drivers side and in this edit, I had to reduce the volume output!

I will have to reposition this and the Viofo 119 Pro, and even maybe the Nextbase 612GW to fit it into the best position! Youtube will no doubt compress it, so there is a link to the RAW file here as well which you can download:

RAW file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7bppemn2tzic2ah/Duo_One_Low_Volume.mp4

Paul.
At 1:52 I can't see the plate number for the white car (which came from back to front). Front camera, rear camera... no clear plate number... That's lame...

At 1:52 I can't see the plate number for the white car (which came from back to front). Front camera, rear camera... no clear plate number... That's lame...

you're watching a video that has been re-authored into a different format and then re-encoded, if you're watching it online then it is further compressed by YouTube, I wouldn't make any quality judgments based on that

Front and back:

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 67
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 66
Wow wow wow........This is bananas...
It is not really the bitrate that matters, but how much information is stored.

If it looks like a 100Mbps camera but manages to store all that info in just 12.5Mbps then that is excellent, but if it looks like a 12.5Mbps camera and uses 100Mbps then that is terrible!

The Blueskysea B1W manages to do an excellent job of number plates with 12.5Mbps, but the rest of the image quality suffers. The A129 seems to do a decent job with both plates and image quality, and without using huge bitrates.

Hi,
i have three questions before buy:
1) size of units? Can someone please measure front unit? I'm not sure i can put this cam between windshield and mirror
2) can be rear unit mounted on vertical glass and properly aligned?
3) is display on main unit while recording still on? Can be turned off?

Hi,
i have three questions before buy:
1) size of units? Can someone please measure front unit? I'm not sure i can put this cam between windshield and mirror
2) can be rear unit mounted on vertical glass and properly aligned?
3) is display on main unit while recording still on? Can be turned off?

1. Front unit is about 4 inches long, about 1.75" at it's thickest and tapers near the top
2. Yes, I have mine vertical on my Truck's rear cab window
3. yes, but configurable screen saver, from 30sec, onwards, then it shuts off and you just have the red LED

I assume its the CPL filter on the front camera that make the 2 steams so different ? front one are more vivid

No CPL yet. Don't know why there is difference to be truthful...

Maybe firmware are tuned for models with IMX 323 rear sensor.

Don't think so - but their website doesn't say either way.

Maybe firmware are tuned for models with IMX 323 rear sensor.
Might have something to do with it, hopefully there will be a better tuned firmware soon.

Another reason is that it doesn't always use the same white balance/exposure for front and back due to the contents of the image. I think that can be improved but they are never going to be a perfect match.

Another reason in my car is that the glass in my front and rear windows is at different angles so the effectiveness of the CPL is different, I get more reflection on the rear camera which results in the colour not being as vivid as for the front.

Bluetooth is for the "Remote Control" button, so that you can put the "Emergency Lock" button in a convenient position for pressing without taking your eyes off the road.

Wifi is for the App to run on your phone or tablet, lets you view live video, change the camera settings, replays recorded videos/photos, download videos/photos to your mobile device, seems to work nicely. WiFi also provides http for web browsers to replay/download videos/photos and an rtsp stream so that you can leave you car parked on the street and view the live video from inside your house on PC/TV/any device that can display an rtsp stream.

Simple!
I can not find a Viofo App in the Apple App Store for my iOS iPhone. How do I get the App? Maybe it is not approved for iPhone and only for Android? thanks

Back