VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

I do not see loading MOD-0Wf?
MOD-0Wf - - now online
Download A129 Duo Modified Firmware: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html

I was waiting till you were ready since we seem to be the only ones brave enough to load 35 Mb/s bitrate modified firmware.
Already tested XWf (extreme) at 36 + 38 but no visible difference on 1080p resolution video.
Do you suggest lowering the new FW v1.70 - 1080p maximum to 35 or 34 or 33 Mb/s ?
I suspect once 4K - 2160p is available on A129 Pro the maximum will be 50 Mb/s using H.264 AVC compression ?

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Yes, no question, I myself will make the maximum bitrate.
It is not necessary to lower, now is summer - the sun and shadow alternate and only the bitrate and 60 frames help !!
I am for a high bit rate !!

What i've found after installing this firmware (6Wf) is, that after shutting the car down the A129 no longer shows the red recording-light. In the custom 1.5 firmware the A129 switched to parking mode and the red light was still lit. Now, with 1.7 the led turns off. Is this a normal behaviour?
Installed the firmware and resettet to defaults. Parking mode is set to low bitrate, and to movement and g-sensor.

I suspect once 4K - 2160p is available on A129 Pro the maximum will be 50 Mb/s using H.264 AVC compression ?
The A129 Pro does more than that as standard - it is a proper 4K dashcam!

What i've found after installing this firmware (6Wf) is, that after shutting the car down the A129 no longer shows the red recording-light. In the custom 1.5 firmware the A129 switched to parking mode and the red light was still lit. Now, with 1.7 the led turns off. Is this a normal behaviour?
Installed the firmware and resettet to defaults. Parking mode is set to low bitrate, and to movement and g-sensor.

Same here, mine stopped recording in parking mode at all...

always use 16-32GB microSD card for all firmware updates
i have often used very old SDHC 4 GB cards to update cameras, and it have always worked fine for me.

Created new A129 - STABLE MOD versions 6We , 6Wf , 6Wg
DOWNLOAD >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
The W series MODs use the new Buffered Parking firmware v1.70 View the ChangeLog page for full details.
Requesting confirmation this MOD works with all Parking Modes using Hardwire Kit or Power Bank.
Power Bank may work with Parking Low Bitrate Recording Mode and Buffered Auto Event Detection Mode. When Parking Mode is enabled and vehicle is parked it takes 5 mins to activate emitting a quick-double-beep notification.
Posting more Bitrate versions shortly.

FW1.70 current A129 Sharpness MODs
Strong
= We version - Sharp64
Normal = Wf version - Sharp48
Low = Wg version - Sharp32

Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

View attachment 46559
---
A129 Duo Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a129-duo-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com/
MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
Dashcam Advice: https://viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com/

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist/videos

Thanks for the new firmware. I use a power bank. How do I use parking mode with the power bank? Mine has passthrough charging so I leave it plugged in whilst driving and then it is charged ready for when parked. How does the camera differentiate between the engine being on or off when it's powered through the powerbank permanently? Do I have to set parking mode manually each time?

Thanks for the new firmware. I use a power bank. How do I use parking mode with the power bank? Mine has passthrough charging so I leave it plugged in whilst driving and then it is charged ready for when parked. How does the camera differentiate between the engine being on or off when it's powered through the powerbank permanently? Do I have to set parking mode manually each time?
G-sensor will feel when you park and switch to parking mode after a while, then switch back when it feels you move again, no need to do it manually.

The A129 Pro does more than that as standard - it is a proper 4K dashcam!

Very much looking forward to the A129 Pro! Any new news on it at all?

G-sensor will feel when you park and switch to parking mode after a while, then switch back when it feels you move again, no need to do it manually.

Thanks for that. I didn't know that's how it works. I'll give it a go. Which parking mode would you say is best to use?

A129 Duo FW v1.70 Bitrate MODs using Hardwire Kit or Power Bank many not work normally when selecting any of the 7 Modes.
To verify Parking Mode functionality compare bitrate MODs against MOD-PKf or stock firmware.
Was hoping v1.70 would be more Power Bank friendly.

As you discovered Parking Mode activation trigger has changed from v1.50 to v1.70 .. suspect it waits for hardwire kit voltage signal to continue.
The bitrate MODs would have offered a simple way to improve Parking recorded detail from 4 or 8Mb/s, the limit may be locked down during recording. It's interesting the new A119 V3 Parking Auto Event Detection Mode works fine with Power Bank.

So if I understand you correctly, currently the parking mode is bugged in your custom firmware and won't work?

So if I understand you correctly, currently the parking mode is bugged in your custom firmware and won't work?
Need more confirmation none of the 7 Parking Modes work on Bitrates 22 - 35 Mb/s MODs using Hardwire kit or Power Bank, the results don't look promising.
Parking Mode modified firmware MOD-PKf and PKg should work normally which only modify the sharpness tables.

Quick comparison between A129 Duo 1080p 27 Mb/s bitrate MOD versus new A119 V3 1440p 26 Mb/s FW v1.00
notice the reduced field of view of V3.

Very much looking forward to the A129 Pro! Any new news on it at all?
Well, it looks identical to the A129, except for the lens and some extra options in the menu. No cheap 1080 lens on this 4K camera:

(Thought I cleaned all the dust off, but my Gitup F1 can see much better than I can so I've uploaded it at 50% size to hide a lot of it!)

y4mj-ifTeup7Oc_rQGcy3EbBNSrDP8pUY775hNTqI9EiHnsxlbenXEzKSJLsAaYbJzzGAAKi6vFBQt0qHnGT48mbLndkmEQ9wNo9aawTcdVNL5jbfoGmbJrpNKwqY86Nlefg18ebXlCUiN47b1U6hl7ukehyn3L9MYfTYkSNKCmY2C3JJZAev51nVIGPkhXutA_

[QUOTE = "BCHobbyist, post: 469903, member: 35032"]
новый A119 V3 1440p 26 Мбит / с [/ QUOTE]
Углы обзора

Attachments

• 119-129.jpg
    119-129.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Actually, after a test and playing with settings, my cam did do parking mode!

I set it to event detection, WDR on, and some other settings enabled that I actually forgot. I will check them tomorrow and report back.

Edit: Found out why, I have 3 wire kit from Viofo installed but I used a power bank this time and just turned motion detection on. So not actual parking mode, just motion detection.

I've tried MOD 8Wf with 3-wire kit from Viofo and Cellink Neo and after engine off it changes to low bitrate recording mode, file name changes (PF,PR) but still records in normal 28/16Mbps bitrate. When I tried auto event detection it stops recording after a minute or two and even when I walk around the car still doesn't catch the movement (parking motion sensor set to high). Went back to MOD 9Ur.

Viofo has changed A129 Parking Mode activation and termination sequence from FW v1.50 to 1.70 preventing the previous working Low Bitrate Recording mode option from working at 4-10 Mb/s in v1.70 modified firmware. It almost works when selecting Auto Event Detection pointing to the new buffered feature code not compatible with higher bitrates.
Forces owners to load stock firmware or MOD-PKf / PKg which use 16-20 Mb/s.

Back