VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

What date does it show for the firmware?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am not quite sure what you mean? Do you mean on the download page? It says Thursday 29 November 2018. But it seems they replaced the BIN file on the server, where the download link is linking to.

I am not quite sure what you mean? Do you mean on the download page? It says Thursday 29 November 2018. But it seems they replaced the BIN file on the server, where the download link is linking to.
If I'm not mistaken, when connected to the camera with the app and you scroll down to the firmware version is also shows the date of the firmware. Thought it did it on the camera menu screen also, maybe not.

I just downloaded the original 1.5 formware from the website and installed it. To my surprise, the FW info screen shows it’s V1.8.
Put the MOD 1.5 and everything will be OK

If I'm not mistaken, when connected to the camera with the app and you scroll down to the firmware version is also shows the date of the firmware. Thought it did it on the camera menu screen also, maybe not.

Right, it says 20190611, so the 11th of june? That’s odd!

Tested it and it does seem to work at least? Tested it for an hour and it filmed everything in auto event detection mode, so that's great! I can't really comment on the quality though, it seems ok but the sun is making my CPL powerless really.

The link at the top points to v1.8 firmware, whereas the one at the bottom is still v1.5
@viofo - does that mean v1.8 is already a stable version?

Viofo fixed firmware 1.8, now there is a card reader !!
This makes me happy!! (y)

What do you mean by card reader?
Confirmed computer USB connection to A129 for "microSD CardReader Mode" file transfer utility no longer works using official Viofo Beta v1.80 firmware or MODs. Obviously Viofo has made a change to functionality. It works perfectly using FW v1.50 with MODs. [/ QUOTE]

Last edited:
Ah ok... I never take out the camera from the car. I use a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader, which is really fast.

FW v1.81 .....
In this firmware feature, to get out of the wifi, you need to zhmaknut, off records in V1.5 do not need to stop recording !!
I thought a mistake !!!

Updating all A129 W-series MODs today with new stable (non-Beta) official v1.81 Firmware with new Wifi VPN and fixed "microSD CardReader Mode" file transfer utility.
I marked the new updated "W series" MODs with (green dragon version functionality improvement notification emoji icon).
Remember to connect power cable to camera side miniUSB port for Parking Mode support, use GPS mount power connection if not using Parking Mode.

When will the firmware update be available on the app on the iPhone? It just tells me current firmware is up to date!

When will the firmware update be available on the app on the iPhone? It just tells me current firmware is up to date!
Viofo probably tests and releases Android APP before iPhone APP but i'd expect new VPN Apple version this week. Check the APP Menu version and look for any new features including the Parking Sensitivity options.

Cheers thanks for your info I keep checking, is it an easy process to do with the app?

Viofo probably tests and releases Android APP before iPhone APP but i'd expect new VPN Apple version this week. Check the APP Menu version and look for any new features including the Parking Sensitivity options.
VPN is not needed for iOS version, it's a workaround for an Android problem that Apple doesn't have

Excuse my ignorance but what is V P N ?

Back