Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

Just checked mine again over 18000 frames.
Front: 0 duplicated frames.
Rear: 0 duplicated frames.

I was using H264 this time instead of H265. Maybe that is a reason to stick to H264, along with my computer being able to play it smoothly.
What bitrate were you using, out of interest?

Just checked mine again over 18000 frames.
Front: 0 duplicated frames.
Rear: 0 duplicated frames.

I was using H264 this time instead of H265. Maybe that is a reason to stick to H264, along with my computer being able to play it smoothly.
So the frame duplicating problem is related to the codec used by the camera for the video file??

Last edited:
What bitrate were you using, out of interest?
My H265 would have been 50Mb/s and the H264 59Mb/s.

So the frame duplicating problem is related to the codec used for the video file??
Not sure about that since I don't know what was used for the videos you checked. Possibly there is another cause, but I now know that it can do it without any duplicates.

The same test found 1 in every 100 A129 IR rear frames duplicated, and the 1st recorded frame after power up on the A119 V3 was duplicated, but only the first frame out of the 10 minute test.

My H265 would have been 50Mb/s and the H264 59Mb/s.

Not sure about that since I don't know what was used for the videos you checked. Possibly there is another cause, but I now know that it can do it without any duplicates.

The same test found 1 in every 100 A129 IR rear frames duplicated, and the 1st recorded frame after power up on the A119 V3 was duplicated, but only the first frame out of the 10 minute test.

I emailed Bill from Viofo and linked him to the forum.

I believe BcHobbyist pointed out that the frame rate of the front and rear camera are slightly off so that every 80 or 90 creates the duplication issue.

So the reasonable fix would be, assuming this isn't chipset related, to correct the frame rate and standardize both cameras to match one another.

Dupe frame a deal breaker? No, but would be nice to get this solved to maximize capture quality.

I believe BcHobbyist pointed out that the frame rate of the front and rear camera are slightly off so that every 80 or 90 creates the duplication issue.

So the reasonable fix would be, assuming this isn't chipset related, to correct the frame rate and standardize both cameras to match one another.

Dupe frame a deal breaker? No, but would be nice to get this solved to maximize capture quality.
For A129 Duo model this is a problem,because watching a footage with a "stop" every 3 seconds is annoying..at least for me,my eyes are bleeding seeing that..

On the Duo (IR) I was seeing them every 91/92. Not sure how the total averaged 100, I wasn't going to check all 18000 individual frames to find out!

On the Duo (IR) I was seeing them every 91/92. Not sure how the total averaged 100, I wasn't going to check all 18000 individual frames to find out!
It's sometimes 92,sometimes 93..every 3 seconds.

A person like me, would assume someone made a piece of software that would be able to analyze a video for missing or duplicate frames, or at least duplicate frames.

I assume you can put a camera on a platform that spin, and the camera filming out at a larger Cylinder wall with stripes with different thicness and distances in between, and then make a program that would look for dublicate or missing frames, as if the camera spin at a constant rate it should be possible for the program to foresee what would be in frame VS what are actual in frame ( missing frames )

For A129 Duo model this is a problem,because watching a footage with a "stop" every 3 seconds is annoying..at least for me,my eyes are bleeding seeing that..
You said in your original post that you watched the footage on your 4K 55" TV and the quality is amazing.
And that you also checked every frame of both videos with virtualdub2 and just the program catched some pot. missing frames.
To me that doesn't sound like bleeding eyes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You said in your original post that you watched the footage on your 4K 55" TV and the quality is amazing.
And that you also checked every frame of both videos with virtualdub2 and just the program catched some pot. missing frames.
To me that doesn't sound like bleeding eyes.

Have you read A129 Duo words on my post?,you can see it in your quote pal..:unsure: I said I have watched on the 4k TV the footage from the A129 PRO,which by the way is amazing....please pay a little attention when you reply to somebody..:sneaky:(y)

Last edited:
Have you read A129 Duo words on my post?,you can see it in your quote pal..:unsure: I said I have watched on the 4k TV the footage from the A129 PRO,which by the way is amazing....please pay a little attention when you reply to somebody..:sneaky:(y)

[emoji85]Thanks for the clarification.

Started testing the A129 Pro on 15/08. This started happening today.

Less than 2 minutes after starting my car, the A129 Pro started beeping and not recording after connecting to GPS. Happened a few times after starting the car.

Slide the A129 Pro off and back on the Duo IR's GPS mount. No more beeping after restarted.

Using Viofo mini USB cables, Viofo USB charger and Duo IR GPS mount. Using a quite new 128GB Transcend High Endurance card formatted using the A129 Pro. On Medium bitrate mode.

Did anyone encounter the same issue?

Last edited:
Using a quite new 128GB Transcend High Endurance card formatted using the A129 Pro. On Medium bitrate mode.

If that is the silver card it has been known to give trouble with dashcams even though the specs and tests show good. Transcend isn't the same level of quality card as it was even a couple years ago; used to be my favorite brand :(

Phil

Started testing the A129 Pro on 15/08. This started happening today.

Less than 2 minutes after starting my car, the A129 Pro started beeping and not recording after connecting to GPS. Happened a few times after starting the car.

Slide the A129 Pro off and back on the Duo IR's GPS mount. No more beeping after restarted.

Using Viofo mini USB cables, Viofo USB charger and Duo IR GPS mount. Using a quite new 128GB Transcend High Endurance card formatted using the A129 Pro. On Medium bitrate mode.

Did anyone encounter the same issue?
considering the mounts are different maybe use it on the correct mount and see how it goes

considering the mounts are different maybe use it on the correct mount and see how it goes

But today, there isn't any beeps. Also for the first 2 days.

The problem only happened yesterday only.

Very weird. Will monitor.

If I would have a prototype camera for testing,I would test it with the provided mount to avoid this kind of problems.

The truth is, I've only received the A129 Pro front cam only. No GPS mount. No accessories.

This is what I got when I open the package.
20190814_132141.jpg

Back