Viofo a139 pro 4K 2ch vs Two a119 mini 2

ToyotaSupra

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
A119mini2
Do you guys like the idea of running two a119 mini 2, one in the front and one in the rear versus one Viofo a139 pro 4K 2ch? With two dash cams with the new Starvis 2 I could have very good quality from the front and rear instead of just the front with the Pro which has what it seems just a decent rear camera.
Part of me wants to just get one dashcam (the 139 pro), so there is less wiring and less video files to work with. Most of the "action" happens in front of the car after all. Thoughts?

I chose A139P 2ch for convince, with 5Ghz WiFi it works pretty good with latest firmware, so I don't even have take out the 512GB card anymore.

However I did consider 2 dashcams, but that's twice the trouble and depending on the car, rear one can be hardly accessible if you'd like to take out the MicroSD card, press a button, etc.
Leaving 2 dashcams in fishy neighbourhood may double the risk of losing them with a window. Higher power consumption in parking mode could be an issue as well, but that's to be verified first.

In the end it's up to your personal preferences and technical details so you'll have to figure out what will work better for you?

I've been running two A119 V3s front and rear for about three years now and have been very pleased with the results. Originally, I purchase a single V3 at a nice discount and was so pleased with its performance and reliability that I purchased a second one for the rear to replace an older camera. Having two identical but separate cameras also provides a redundancy you won't get with a single dual channel camera in the event one should fail when out on the road. If the front one fails you can swap in the rear camera for instance.

Since I drive a pick-up truck with a vertical glass rear window I had to devise a custom mounting system to angle the camera properly. Another issue is that the camera is facing the bed and tailgate of the truck so that mounting and aiming the camera so that it is perfectly horizontal and properly aligned with the tailgate of the vehicle can be a bit tricky compared to mounting a small dual channel camera module on a typical car where you don't have a horizontal object in the image. So, the ease of mounting a rear facing mini 2 will depend on what kind of vehicle you drive.

Last edited:
Back