Viofo A229 Plus Boot Time Question

LockOn

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got the Viofo A229 Plus 2-Ch dash camera and I noticed that it takes a long time (relative to my previous dash cam) to start recording. After starting my car it takes about 20 seconds before the A229 starts recording compared to 5-8 seconds on my previous camera.

I have updated to the most recent firmware V1.1_231208 for the front camera and V1.0_231207 for the rear camera.

I am using a SanDisk Max Endurance 128 gb card with the accessories that came with the A229.

Is this normal for Viofo/the A229 Plus?

Welcome to the club.
Correct, it is normal.
The A229 Pro takes even longer.
Adding the 2nd, & 3rd cameras takes even longer.
Using a 512GB SD Card takes even longer.
Hurry up, and wait. Lol
-Chuck

Thanks for the quick response!
That is unfortunate that it takes so long to boot up. I guess I will need to hurry up and wait while the camera does it thing. :sleep:

Welcome to the club.
Correct, it is normal.
The A229 Pro takes even longer.
Adding the 2nd, & 3rd cameras takes even longer.
Using a 512GB SD Card takes even longer.
Hurry up, and wait. Lol
-Chuck
What is the difference in time to recording between:
  1. Boot from power off,
  2. Boot from shutdown (Hardwire kit with parkning mode off),
  3. Boot from parking mode.
Only #1 needs a proper full boot, #2 is just waking from sleep mode, and #3 is already using the image sensor, and from low bitrate parking mode is already fully operational.

What is the difference in time to recording between:
  1. Boot from power off,
  2. Boot from shutdown (Hardwire kit with parkning mode off),
  3. Boot from parking mode.
I tested this along with the A139 Pro, A229 Duo, A229 Plus, A119 Mini 2, and posted the results.
I can't find where I posted it. lol
Give me a minute.

Last edited:
I tested this along with the A139 Pro, A229 Plus, A119 Mini 2, and posted the results.
I can't find where I posed it. lol
Give me a minute.

I recently got the Viofo A229 Plus 2-Ch dash camera and I noticed that it takes a long time (relative to my previous dash cam) to start recording. After starting my car it takes about 20 seconds before the A229 starts recording compared to 5-8 seconds on my previous camera.

I have updated to the most recent firmware V1.1_231208 for the front camera and V1.0_231207 for the rear camera.

I am using a SanDisk Max Endurance 128 gb card with the accessories that came with the A229.

Is this normal for Viofo/the A229 Plus?

It is about normal. My A229 plus 2 channel is very similar too. I don't see the problem though as I even set a 5 second delay before startup on mine. I don't see why you would be driving off as soon the car is started though. Each to their own though.

Back