VIOFO A229 Pro 2CH wiring HK4 & BlackVue PMP

honu03

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve read similar posts on this topic which I tried to follow but ran into issues. I used the BlackVue Power Magic Pro (PMP) for the Parking Mode Car Battery Switch (ON/OFF) on my last BlackVue dash cam. I would like the same setup for the VIOFO A229 Pro 2CH using the PMP. Based on other posts, I believe I need to use the HK4 wiring kit and splice the ACC fuse tap going to the PMP, as well as splice the wire going to the PMP female Auxiliary Power Outlet (Red/Black Wires). Based on what I read in other posts, the HK4 Batt+ Wire should connect to the 12V red outlet wire of the PMP, the HK4 ACC Wire should connect to the ACC fuse tap, and I plan to connect the HK4 Ground Wire to the black outlet wire of the PMP. Note that the PMP is grounded on a bolt on the frame of the car. I tried this setup and could not get power to the A229 Pro. For the time being, I removed the HK4 Wiring Kit, and I put the PMP wiring back how it was before and I am connected via the auxiliary 12V adapter to the A229 Pro. I noticed I must turn the PMP ON for the A229 Pro to get power even when I am driving. How do I wire the HK4 kit in order for the A229 Pro to work when I am driving and also when the car is parked from the PMP toggle switch?

Attachments

• IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8874.jpeg
    IMG_8874.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 14
Any reason you're using the pmp? The viofo parking mode cable has voltage cutoffs and the camera has timers for parking mode, negating the need for the pmp.
As for your issue, what is the voltage coming out from the pmp when you have it set to off?

Any reason you're using the pmp? The viofo parking mode cable has voltage cutoffs and the camera has timers for parking mode, negating the need for the pmp.
As for your issue, what is the voltage coming out from the pmp when you have it set to off?
No reason to use PMP. I was thinking that the HK4 kit drains the car battery based on Amazon reviews but that could be false. At least with the PMP when the switch is off, I’m assuming there is no power draw from the car battery. I need to check the voltage when the car is running. I will do that this evening.

Also the HK4 kit I received from Amazon looked as though it was already opened. When I went to hook it up to the fuse taps I had connected (same as PMP) it didn’t work. I ordered another HK4 kit to double check (arriving in a few days). It could be the way I have the fuse taps configured.

Also the HK4 kit I received from Amazon looked as though it was already opened. When I went to hook it up to the fuse taps I had connected (same as PMP) it didn’t work. I ordered another HK4 kit to double check (arriving in a few days). It could be the way I have the fuse taps configured.
You may find this information on connecting the Hardwire Kit useful.

My wires were loose. I’m using the PMP. I like it better but it’s not necessary as others have pointed out.

Back