Viofo A229 Pro (unboxing & first impressions) (Novatek NT96529, Sony IMX678/IMX675/IMX307, HDR³, GPS⁴, 5Ghz WiFi, 4k front + 2k rear + 1080p cabin)

由于与 Viofo 相比具有更高的断电级别,并且可能由于更大的冷却散热器/另一种外形尺寸而具有更好的冷却效果,如 @Mtz 所述。
我计划使用我的热监控模组固件和后期温度图表在相同的视频质量设置下测试我的 3 个行车记录仪 - A229Duo、A229Pro 和 Vantrue N4Pro。但现在是冬天,所以不会过热,仅比较这些型号之间的温度。
你好,请问a229pro和vantrue n4pro哪个更好

你好,请问a229pro和vantrue n4pro哪个更好
If not tell many words - A229Pro is better than Vantrue N4Pro at least due better rear camera specs and IQ.

And night comparison 139PRO 229PRO
For me it is strange to see a dashcam video from the Ukrainian city of Mariupol which was destroyed by the Russians in 2022. For sure the GPS is working OK on your dashcam?

For me it is strange to see a dashcam video from the Ukrainian city of Mariupol which was destroyed by the Russians in 2022. For sure the GPS is working OK on your dashcam?
The city is not completely destroyed and people live there.

This is why the cable from the T130 does not fit the A229PRO - you can see from the screenshot that redoing the cable is no longer a problem!!
And this is the original cable from 229PRO

Attachments

• T130.jpg
    T130.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 229Pro.jpg
    229Pro.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
And this is the original cable from 229PRO
Seems that the 5V wires are thicker than the usual wires used in USB-C cables.
But do you think is possible to buy a quality 50 cm USB-C cable and modify the wiring to fit the A229 Pro rear camera cable?
Or to cut the rear camera cable and make it shorter, something like 30cm. I need such short cable for the rear camera of A229 Pro.

I need a cable with corner connectors, and the length doesn’t bother me, because everything unnecessary is hidden under the roof trim, but I didn’t find a corner cable and decided to remake the cable from the T130, but I bought an adapter, so I stopped remaking the cable.
And of course you can trim it, there’s nothing complicated about it!!

Attachments

• T_C.jpg
    T_C.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
Or to cut the rear camera cable and make it shorter
I finally decided to cut the cable, I remembered that under the roof sheathing there was already a bunch of cables lying there, as soon as it gets warmer, I’ll throw it all out!! :D
I'll do it and show you what happened!!
The T130 connector cannot be used with the A229PRO cable!!
Only an adapter!

Last edited:
I shortened the cable, more than half of it was unnecessary!!
I soldered all the ends, I show an example on one pair, the rest are the same, everything works!!

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 27
I'm planning to test my 3 dashcams - A229Duo, A229Pro and Vantrue N4Pro on same video quality settings with my thermal monitoring mod firmwares and post temperature charts.
Compare 3 dashcams at my apartment's window. Only front camera comparison test, without GPS modules. Vantrue N4 Pro cabin camera and IR lights was OFF. XLS file with thermal log data is attached.
2K res.jpg
Max res.jpg

Attachments

• Thermo monitor comparison table.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Compare 3 dashcams at my apartment's window. Only front camera comparison test, without GPS modules. Vantrue N4 Pro cabin camera and IR lights was OFF. XML file with thermal log data is attached.
Is that all in Celsius? Guessing apartment is at Ambient room temperature of 23C?

Yes, it is in Celsius of course. In apartment was around 21-24 C at this time.

Yes, it is in Celsius of course. In apartment was around 21-24 C at this time.
Sorry didn't see that on the axes, nice work. Interesting to see the thermal management differences between the Viofo and Vantrue is quite stark. Good to get a baseline and I can only imagine a three-camera setup is going to have the temperatures go thru the roof.

I should add Celsius label for Y-axis.
Can't made long 3-CH comparison test at home at same conditions because Vantrue N4Pro GPS module is mounted on car windshield and w/o them I can't powerup dashcam in 3-CH configuration. But I'll made approx. 1-hour test comparison at my car with Vantrue N4Pro 3-CH vs Viofo A229Pro 3-CH in near future.

3-channel config temperature test. In-car installation, winter time, outside temp is -15C. Before test is started both dashcams was installed in car and was there 4 hours in powered off state. A229Pro has a bit less temp in start time (-9C for A229Pro and -6C for Vantrue N4Pro). In test time car engine was running and cabin heater was turn on too. Updated XLS with all temp values is also attached.

3CH config.jpg

Attachments

• Thermo monitor comparison table.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 10
3-channel config temperature test. In-car installation, winter time, outside temp is -15C. Before test is started both dashcams was installed in car and was there 4 hours in powered off state. A229Pro has a bit less temp in start time (-9C for A229Pro and -6C for Vantrue N4Pro). In test time car engine was running and cabin heater was turn on too. Updated XLS with all temp values is also attached.

Not too bad those temps but can understand why it would get quite hot here in Australia and the temperatures recorded with the two dashcams..

I received a corner adapter, this is what it looks like (no matter where it is inserted) everything works!!
Nice! happy to see it working well :)

Back