Viofo App - Can't Review Today's Recordings

thesonofdarwin

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I try to view my videos by connecting to the camera (A139 Pro) via wifi on the Viofo app, I can see all recordings for the day before and prior, but zero videos appear for today. The camera time and date are set correctly (as verified on the time stamps). The recordings are not missing because I can eject the SD card and view them on my computer the old fashion way. But I lose the usefulness of being able to connect to the app if I'm unable to grab the video after an accident/emergency due to them not displaying in the app. So for today's videos, my option is either to wait until tomorrow to view them via the app, or bring the card inside and connect it to my PC.

I've verified I have up-to-date firmware on the camera and the app (Android) is up-to-date. I've verified the problem with normal, locked, parking, etc. How to correct this issue?

Last edited:
When I try to view my videos by connecting to the camera (A139 Pro) via wifi on the Viofo app, I can see all recordings for the day before and prior, but zero videos appear for today. The camera time and date are set correctly (as verified on the time stamps). The recordings are not missing because I can eject the SD card and view them on my computer the old fashion way. But I lose the usefulness of being able to connect to the app if I'm unable to grab the video after an accident/emergency due to them not displaying in the app. So for today's videos, my option is either to wait until tomorrow to view them via the app, or bring the card inside and connect it to my PC.

I've verified I have up-to-date firmware on the camera and the app (Android) is up-to-date. I've verified the problem with normal, locked, parking, etc. How to correct this issue?
After connecting to the wifi, the app needs time to refresh and cache the files, so you shall not scroll the pages too fast. If you quit from app and enter again, are there newer videos shown?

I did disconnect and reconnect a few times. The 256GB SD card is usually full and overwriting old videos regularly, so maybe I'm not waiting long enough for them to show up? I tried just leaving the app on the video screen for a minute. Tried returning to the main screen and opening the video screen again (multiple times). Tried force stopping the app and then reconnecting. Consistently today's videos did not appear (and occasionally both today and yesterday's videos wouldn't show). If I just leave it on the video screen for a few minutes will they load over time? The action circle stops so I figured nothing more would load in.

I did disconnect and reconnect a few times. The 256GB SD card is usually full and overwriting old videos regularly, so maybe I'm not waiting long enough for them to show up? I tried just leaving the app on the video screen for a minute. Tried returning to the main screen and opening the video screen again (multiple times). Tried force stopping the app and then reconnecting. Consistently today's videos did not appear (and occasionally both today and yesterday's videos wouldn't show). If I just leave it on the video screen for a few minutes will they load over time? The action circle stops so I figured nothing more would load in.
Please make sure the firmware version on both your camera and the app is the latest one. Then wait for a while every time before entering the video lists interface after connecting to the camera wifi. If not help, please reinstall the app to have a try. Wait for your results.

Not ideal, but have you tried clearing the app's cache, or the simple way, uninstall the app and reinstall?

Back