VIOFO Improvement Wish List 2023

Or is HDR not compatible with existing processor?
If it supported HDR, that would be done in the remote camera, so the existing main camera processor would not be affected.
It this camera for the "Rear" or the Interior with IR emitters?
You can always plug a rear camera into the interior camera socket, and an interior into the rear camera socket, so it would make sense to include the LEDs, but if not then you could install some external IR LEDs and get better lighting.

We will release a new interesting STARIVS 2 1080P separated cam, compatiable with A139 series.

We have done lots of research and design for improve the T130, but haven't found a very good design yet.
Here is an idea. One of the Lens can rotate forward and also into the cabin.

T130 double endedxx.jpg

View attachment 67403
It is possible to make such a design so that both lenses can rotate forward, as well as inside the cabin.
This model design would be suitable for both left-hand and right-hand drive cars. With this design,
one of the lenses can be turned to the passenger or driver's door at the right time.

View attachment 67403
Similar designs are available. However, you can only mount it below and in front of the mirror. Since the sensors in new generation vehicles are cameras, they cannot be mounted on the mirror. The current t130 is mounted on the left side. If you want, you can mount it on the right side. Only if it turns upside down. so it can be turned to the driver's side from either side. Therefore, this camera is only of interest to a certain number of users. That is, vans, trucks, buses, etc. with flat windshields. In other words, if the above design is to be implemented, there will definitely be an improvement in commercial vehicle status..

With a model design like the T130, we have the ability to point the interior camera at either the passenger door or the driver's door.
To be able to see both doors, not necessarily at the same time, you need to have 2 models. And sometimes, during one trip, you need to be able to film a conversation with a police officer, as well as communication with prospective passengers who at first wanted to go with you, but then refused.

Well to filme a conversation with a police officer, i would have to whip out my phone, CUZ i will be standing outside the car talking to him / them.
I can not sit in a car, or a chair for that matter and have a person hover over me like that, my childhood was far too traumatized to allow something that dangerous.

In many countries, a driver is prohibited from getting out of a car when stopped by police, unless they themselves ask him to do so.

Indeed. If i ever get to do my dream US tour, and it lasting 5-6 months, i will probably manage to get pulled over once or twice.
But i should be good, i am / would like to think i am good at respecting the rules and customs at places i visit, so should not be a problem in that case.
Mind you i do feel like a stranger to my own country as we are so far apart on so many things, now that i am on a government pension i am also calling myself a parasite.

Here its not a problem getting out of the car, though for instance a big leasing BMW full of gang bangers, they will probably call for another car and take them out one by one.
In most cases, these will also be the people from far away places, that are here to enrich my culture, and i should be thankful for that.

It have been decades since a cop got gunned down here, and many decades since a insane guy pretty much executed 2 cops here, generally we do not have the gun problem a few have.
Respect for the police have dropped significantly though, mostly due to the influx from abroad where such are not respected, well at least unless they beat the hell out of people daily, so those see Danish police as weak.
And like other places, the general drop in the quality of police officers also have a say.
Okay there was the gangbanger that in a lease car ( big one of course ) ran over and killed a cop not too long ago, and getting a insulting low punishment for that deed.

Police here just openly complained about the latest law they are supposed to interpret and uphold here, so burning a Quran / any relligious book or symbol might still be possible here, the new law are simply so vague that you will not believe it.
And as it is about " those people " well police have enough problems with them as it is.

Really want the A139 pro to automatically be in station mode without having to enable it each time

Hello,
This thread is for improvement requests that will affect ALL Viofo models.
Please post your improvement request in the A139 Pro thread where it will be seen by other A139 Pro owners / users.
And you may want to tag @ Viofo so they will see it.
-Chuck

Please Stop Recording Before Doing Other Operations!

This improvement request will affect all models with Wi-Fi.
Every time I open the APP to change settings, or download a recorded video I get hit with;
“Please Stop Recording Before Doing Other Operations!”
because I forgot to press the stop recording button before hand.
It fills me with rejection just like pulling the wrong Community Chest card. lol
Lately I’ve been testing the Vantrue S1 Pro, and their APP does not have this frustrating road block.
When I press the settings, or recorded files button it automatically stops recording, and grants me Open Sesame access.
@viofo can you please remove this aggravation from my life. lol

Do Not Pass Go .png

Attachments

• Your Wish Is My Command 2 .png
    Your Wish Is My Command 2 .png
    465.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Your Wish Is My Command 1 .png
    Your Wish Is My Command 1 .png
    492.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Do Not Collect $200 .png
    Do Not Collect $200 .png
    658.2 KB · Views: 10
1.)
Focus On Stability
Can you explain this better?
A more reliable unit. You do not have the beeping issues of SD card on other units. Have OTA(over the air updates for dash cam), focus on over engineering the product.
2.)
More SD Card Approval
Do you mean Viofo cams should be compatible with more brands of SD Cards?
Do you mean they need to add more SD Cards to their recommended list, so consumers have more choices?

yes they need to add more approved micro SD cards. I use Sandisk Extreme Pro with no issues. Lots of people dont want to buy Viofo SD card. When i sell Viofo I only use Viofo SD cards so it is all on them.

3.)
More Parking Mode Options
impact only or impact detection like Thinkware. Where it draws low current and wakes up and records 1-3 seconds after impact. By doing this you are catering to more people lifestyle.
4.)
Lower Current Draw so parking mode lasts longer.
parking mode current draw is almost double of a lot of the dash cameras we carry. So for instance if one draws 2 watts and viofo draws 4 watts. The unit that draws 2 watts has potential to last twice as long in parking mode. Most people will not buy a battery pack. There parking mode cable has no bypass low battery protection either to extend parking mode with battery pack.

The high-resolution & bitrate, multi-channel, heating is a big challenge for memory cards.
2 years ago, I talked with Novatek PM, they don't have a good solution for this, the memory cards market is very complicated.

Regarding the parking mode and low power consumption, the current hardware solution is not perfect to do this, but soon there will be better solutions.
Novatek is working on some new low-power consumption and quick-start chipsets.
So it is possible to support a very quick start after detecting the motion.

We may add the OTA update on the app for new models in the near future. We have supported this before on A129 Duo, to support OTA, and even added VPN lib to solve the Andorid Interenet connecting issue.

yes they need to add more approved micro SD cards.
The high-resolution & bitrate, multi-channel, heating is a big challenge for memory cards.
First off I understand why Viofo has a recommendation for SD Cards.
1.) They are tested & proven to work reliably.
2.) It limits the chances of a consumer purchasing a fake / counterfeit SD Card.
3.) The average consumer doesn't know the difference between high endurance, and “regular” SD Cards.
4.) The average consumer doesn't know there are different speed classes, ratings, and write / read specifications.
5.) The average consumer thinks all SD Cards are the same;
“Why would I spend $130, when I can get the same thing for $9?”
These are the same people of the land that buy a $75,000 luxury car, and pump 87 octane gasoline from the Sac-O-Suds.

The Magic 3 .png
$130 .png
$9 .png
2,000 .png

Typing “micro SD Card” into the Amazon search bar nets 2,000 results.
How do you explain to these people of the available 2,000 SD Cards only 3 work in a Viofo Dash Cam?
We need more consumer options, how about at least 10?

Chuck: Additional Voice Commands
1.) Turn On HDR
2.) Turn Off HDR

Viofo: The voice commands are fixed content, even just customize one command, the cost is very expensive.

Chuck: OK

Cool stuff like lasers or like idk so like im like wow

Smartphone APP - iOS & Android

I just checked the APP with these cameras;
A129 Pro
A129 Plus
A119 Mini
A119 Mini 2
A139 Pro
A229
A229 Pro
A229 Plus
WM1
The setting options is different for every camera based what functions /
features are supported.

Would it make sense to have the same template of setting options for every camera, and if a certain feature is not supported, (HDR, Rear / Interior EV, etc.) the unsupported feature would be shaded out, or a different color?
Just a thought.

First off I understand why Viofo has a recommendation for SD Cards.
1.) They are tested & proven to work reliably.
2.) It limits the chances of a consumer purchasing a fake / counterfeit SD Card.
3.) The average consumer doesn't know the difference between high endurance, and “regular” SD Cards.
4.) The average consumer doesn't know there are different speed classes, ratings, and write / read specifications.
5.) The average consumer thinks all SD Cards are the same;
“Why would I spend $130, when I can get the same thing for $9?”
These are the same people of the land that buy a $75,000 luxury car, and pump 87 octane gasoline from the Sac-O-Suds.

View attachment 67835
View attachment 67836
View attachment 67837
View attachment 67838

Typing “micro SD Card” into the Amazon search bar nets 2,000 results.
How do you explain to these people of the available 2,000 SD Cards only 3 work in a Viofo Dash Cam?
We need more consumer options, how about at least 10?
Just scrolling through some threads on here. I noticed this talk about SD cards.

Add my two Cents. in my previous dash cams that I’ve had since 2016 A119 v1 and Mini 0826, have used the same microSD cards. They were cheap, but also namebrand Samsung. Both 128 GB. A Evo and Evo plus. Neither of them are endurance branded, I don’t think those even existed back then. To this day, the cards test and function perfectly fine with no reader right errors and still get full reading and right speeds after being used soley in the dash cam since 2016.

The new A119 Mini2 I got on Amazon came with the 256gb VIOFO card and cpl (one of thier bundles listing). For my 2nd purchase for use as rear cam, I just bought the camera only and I am reusing a older Samsung 128 gig pro microSD card that was previously used in one of my older, android phones.

I’ve had previously bad experience with Sandisk branded cards in phones and other devices so I have not bothered to use them in dash cams or anything for years.

But overall, I don’t subscribe to the idea that you absolutely have to have an endurance or specifically made microSD card to use in a dash cam. seven years using just normal cards as my personal experience. Viofo’s cards are also incredibly overpriced to be purchased individually. But a decent deal, if bought bundled with the camera.

Back