Viofo Production Bug Reports

AndrewL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Couldn't find a thread to report problems in production units. Thought I would start a thread.

Found a bug:

I have a read-only microSD card (locked by the controller) that I use for testing. When it's used the camera asks you to format the card, after agreeing the camera freezes.

You can still see a live feed from the camera but the timer counter stops working. You also cannot access the menu, start recording or manually turn off the camera. The only solution is to pull out the USB cable which does nothing until the capacitor loses power and the screen fades to black.

I can record a video if needed.

good point. when my sandisk card failed, it went into write protect mode, but the cam i was using it in (blacksys cf-100) didn't throw any errors, so it seemed like everything was fine till i went to review footage and found out that i didn't have any videos from the last several days.

a quick write and read-back test at bootup could solve this problem.

good point. when my sandisk card failed, it went into write protect mode, but the cam i was using it in (blacksys cf-100) didn't throw any errors, so it seemed like everything was fine till i went to review footage and found out that i didn't have any videos from the last several days.

a quick write and read-back test at bootup could solve this problem.

Luckily this camera does beep at you and annoy you until it you at least attempt to format the card. I've seen many cameras like you said that doesn't throw any errors and don't find out until it's too late.

Yes, I'm one of the testers. It beeps and asks to format every time you put the card in your computer even if you don't modify or delete anything. You get used to it and just hit right and triangle to make it format then it quietly starts recording again. So you get in a habit of dirt off trusting that it's recording, especially since the rec led is so dim during the day.

Hi. In my pre-production A119 I've chosen not to be asked to format the SD, so every-time after I watch the video (or delete) on a windows PC using the SD card in an SD Card reader and put the SD Card back in the A119, I get no warning.

Are these tested with the latest firmware A119.20160607 ? Just ordered my A119 and just want to know what issues to anticipate.

If you are on the latest firmware, how does it performance compared to those Pre-Production reviews shared on this forum so far? Thanks.

Hi. In my pre-production A119 I've chosen not to be asked to format the SD, so every-time after I watch the video (or delete) on a windows PC using the SD card in an SD Card reader and put the SD Card back in the A119, I get no warning.

Interesting, I thought the warning only applied to a notice that pops up after XX number of days to recommend a format. I'll test that out.

Are these tested with the latest firmware A119.20160607 ? Just ordered my A119 and just want to know what issues to anticipate.

If you are on the latest firmware, how does it performance compared to those Pre-Production reviews shared on this forum so far? Thanks.

Yes, latest firmware. Overall excellent Everything I wanted in a dash camera for $100, few minor issues like the one I mentioned earlier but it's fixable with a firmware update.

Looking at the video quality, I've tested it against the Yi, A118, Dome D201, Thinkware F50.

Day I haven't done a deep investigation. It's pretty good.

Night, it lags behind the Yi in details. I think the shutter is open too long on the A119 which removes graininess but is much more blurry. The dynamic range isn't as good as well.

The Dome D201 is looking a bit horrible, comparable to the A119. It should be preforming a lot better. I'm going to do more tests.
A119.png Yi.png

Reactions: Fyl
Regarding IQ, we did some change in beta version, I will share the video in another thread.
Sometime we saw another camera is brighter, but does not mean it is better, we focus how to see clearly the car license number.

Back