Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

To all testers - when pressing the T130 buttons do you poke them with just one finger, or do you support the camera before pressing the buttons?

With a wedge camera like the A139 or A129, I have no issue pressing buttons with a single finger. With the T130 I worry about the stress on the mount unless I support the camera body.

To all testers - when pressing the T130 buttons do you poke them with just one finger, or do you support the camera before pressing the buttons?

With a wedge camera like the A139 or A129, I have no issue pressing buttons with a single finger. With the T130 I worry about the stress on the mount unless I support the camera body.
I just press them, and accept that the image will move a little while pressing.

If you are worried about hitting them hard and breaking the camera because you are annoyed by another driver and are locking the file, get the Bluetooth remote ;)

Single finger, but I rarely press them besides the WiFi for changing settings

I just press them. I even pressed the lights thinking that is where the button is and the Dashcam still hasn't broken away from the glass. I would like to suggest that they place the light inside the buttons. Remember I have the unit upside down and in the dark I tend to go for the lights.

1. A119V3__HDR=on_EV=-1,3_CPL=on
2. T130_WDR=on_EV= -0,3_CPL=on
Yikes on the T130.

I haven't done a night run around yet to see what mine looks like.

I poke them with one finger.

@EGS

Are you still having those intermittent dropped frames?
I'm about to update to your version of firmware and was wondering if Viofo has supplied an update to your firmware?
Cheers.

@EGS

Are you still having those intermittent dropped frames?
I'm about to update to your version of firmware and was wondering if Viofo has supplied an update to your firmware?
Cheers.
Yes, still having the frame issues. I submitted raw footage to them as requested for analysis, so they are actively working on the fix.
Since you are a tester, I would encourage you to update to help confirm if this is affecting all the units or just a few.

EDIT : also, maybe you get to see or find a bug we haven't seen yet

Yeah I'll update today it should be interesting to find out if there is any difference.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Reactions: EGS
Yeah I'll update today it should be interesting to find out if there is any difference.
Thanks for the quick reply.
According to VIOFO, improvements where made to the color saturation on front camera and reduced some noise in the rear camera with that firmware version.

1. A119V3__HDR=on_EV=-1,3_CPL=on_(M_2_715_FWA119V3)
2. T130_WDR=on_EV= -0,3_CPL=on_(V1.0_0906)

Attachments

• A119V3_P__HDR=on_EV=-1,3_CPL=on.jpg
    A119V3_P__HDR=on_EV=-1,3_CPL=on.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 24
  • T130_P_WDR=on_EV= -0,3_CPL=on.jpg
    T130_P_WDR=on_EV= -0,3_CPL=on.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 26

I push the buttons without supporting the cam. I can feel them depress fullythen push no harder. I have noticed a slight movement of the cam pressing the outermost buttons but the mount seems to still be holding solidly.

Phil

I must admit i have felt the mount is a bit weak, but no real experience to document that just a silly feeling i have.
I dont support the camera pressing buttons.

O BTW today while trying to flash the rear camera with the launch firmware,,,,, my CPL filter fell off, putting it back on it dont feel secure.

O BTW today while trying to flash the rear camera with the launch firmware,,,,, my CPL filter fell off, putting it back on it dont feel secure.
It should be held on by a ring of rubberised plastic with good grip onto the CPL, maybe it has come out of place?

Yeah the O ring is still there, and putting it on the first time also felt normal, but putting it back on today it felt pretty easy / too easy to slide back on.
And i had the camera all the way off the mount to be sure i got it back on properly.

Talking about buttons. I was on the road earlier today and as I was driving with mi friend, carrying a conversation, I decided to pulse the mic button to cut the mic, but when I pressed the button it enabled the IR, pressed again then changed to IR auto mode, pressed onece again then it paused the recording.
I had the press the rec button to start recording again. Then I pressed the mic button again and this time finally told me that the mic was turned off.
This button was robbing responsibility from its neighbor buttons :LOL:

I don't know if this is a firmware bug or a key issue. Have any of you have had a similar issue with the T130?

Talking about buttons. I was on the road earlier today and as I was driving with mi friend, carrying a conversation, I decided to pulse the mic button to cut the mic, but when I pressed the button it enabled the IR, pressed again then changed to IR auto mode, pressed onece again then it paused the recording.
I had the press the rec button to start recording again. Then I pressed the mic button again and this time finally told me that the mic was turned off.
This button was robbing responsibility from its neighbor buttons :LOL:

I don't know if this is a firmware bug or a key issue. Have any of you have had a similar issue with the T130?
After startup I regularly have the mute button turn off the IR lamps on first press, after that it works fine, a long standing issue, don't know if that is just my dashcam though. I can't imagine what causes it, seems to be a strange design in there.

I must admit i have felt the mount is a bit weak, but no real experience to document that just a silly feeling i have.
I dont support the camera pressing buttons.
I guess it's just me then, being too careful with it. Thanks for all the replies.

Back