Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

I think i was just unlucky with my granted very old memory card, i will take great pleasure in disintegrating it with a single well placed shot from my air rifle,,,,, it will get the mandatory +50 M head start, but then my 13 grains of lead is coming to get it. :)

Not sure what to do now, i assume @viofo or @VIOFO-Support will chime in with something to try, pressing the hardware reset button did not do anything.
So, if you try re flashing using a different card still won't work?

I am about to try that, i now have front firmware on a 32 GB card and the rear camera FW on the 16GB card.

Reactions: EGS
No it is just like the rear camera is gone now, the camera just boot and start to record 2 channels. :cry:

Did all your LEDs also flash when flashing the rear camera ? or is it just the REC that flash.

No it is just like the rear camera is gone now, the camera just boot and start to record 2 channels. :cry:

Did all your LEDs also flash when flashing the rear camera ? or is it just the REC that flash.
I used 2 64GB cards.
When flashing the rear camera, all LEDs were blinking.

In my case, just REC flashed when updating the main unit FW. The all the LEDs flashed when updating the rear camera FW.

I was using an old Class 4 FAT32 card. I noticed that it was OK for the FW update, but could not keep up with writing video after the T130 restarted, causing the cam to stop and restart video recording.

I had my first proper run out with the T130 today, using the FW update from this morning.

I noticed that both the front and interior cameras have single or even double duplicate frames near the start of each 1-min segment, at around the 1-to-2 second mark. The rear camera did not have the same duplicate frames.

I have not had time to check the files thoroughly - I'll try to investigate more tonight.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah probably a mid flash event i had, i sat there for 5 minutes or so looking at all the flashing LED's, and i am sure a firmware upgrade should not take that long, though it is the first time i have flashed a rear camera alone like that.

Quick example from the front camera of 2 local potential blood donors...
That is when you need the WDR before you can see any detail in the matt blackness ;)
Although the driver did have white shoes and white skin, passenger didn't and he was blocking any view of the driver from behind!

There is a hot spot on my T130, hotter than anything i have ever felt on the A139, so i am not optimistic...

Read and obey the label ;)

y4m1i8FyJnHdpxrznk6wlBnQjnPuaNCuumDFIl8RSGVY-1PH5b28WPwJooP8OS2iedyEkz_3bGP_JfHds-_usMSaCu02Db54tzkrauIsIlEz7AM3ZcX2qLie8iUD5UeCgEtODGWWgvSwfWC1vMHvnFLa2lh0O0YjP9lkDB_uzfwVgs

It could also be a matter of the T130 getting rid of heat faster.
I think some time next week i will move the T130 over to the hard wire kit.

No warning label on my test unit. It is mentioned in the manual though.
Maybe they were using your fingers to find out if the label is really needed :unsure:

Maybe they were using your fingers to find out if the label is really needed :unsure:
Mobius cameras have exposed heatsink surfaces on the camera body. I've never heard of anyone suing the manufacturer over a burnt finger.

I had my first proper run out with the T130 today, using the FW update from this morning.

I noticed that both the front and interior cameras have single or even double duplicate frames near the start of each 1-min segment, at around the 1-to-2 second mark. The rear camera did not have the same duplicate frames.

I have not had time to check the files thoroughly - I'll try to investigate more tonight.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I upgraded this morning and I'm experiencing same issues as you described :(.

An interesting thing is that the issue goes away while traveling at higher speeds (high way) and when I got off the highway as I was decreasing speed to about 40 mph or below the issue came back. Don't know if that is pure coincidence or if that is related with the GPS or something else.

I can upload a video later if needed to.

Mobius cameras have exposed heatsink surfaces on the camera body. I've never heard of anyone suing the manufacturer over a burnt finger.
When I tried to measure it with my IR thermometer, it didn't seem to get very hot, but EGS's photo in his rather warmer climate appears to show it at 94C, which is enough to melt a Mobius plastic case and is deserving of a warning label!

I think the real reason that you didn't get a warning label is that they built the test cameras before the label was ready.

T130 Duplicate / Skip Frame
Short video clip showing the duplicate / skip frame issue I have observed on today's video recordings. As EGS mentioned above, the issue is intermittent and not seen in every video clip.

In this example I count the frames as:
1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 ... then sequential to 35, 36, 36, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42...

5s clip from original file : https://mega.nz/file/Dt4SGSZa#8BfORQHAbGT8zTbLQ3RIsxaCN4-vy5LiySmQiclIdA8

T130 in 3CH mode on FW V1.0_0906.
High bitrate (default), 1min clip duration
Viofo 64GB U3 microSD card

Last edited:
T130 Duplicate / Skip Frame
Short video clip showing the duplicate / skip frame issue I have observed on today's video recordings.
Whilst compiling a 3CH composite video I noticed a related timing issue. The channels are not in sync.

Looking at the GPS data overlay side by side on the 3No video streams:
- The interior camera is 3 or 4 frames ahead of the front camera (offset varies)
- The rear camera is 41 frames ahead of the front camera (offset appears to be constant, on this clip anyway)

I don't know whether to expect all three channels to be exactly in sync, but a 41 frame (~1.3 seconds) offset seems quite a lot to me :unsure:

Thanks for all the feedback, please check the new testing firmware:
1. Reduced saturation for the front cam
The front camera saturation is looking much better, even with a CPL fitted to the T130

2021_0906_155035_F.jpg

Back