Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

I guess it's just me then, being too careful with it. Thanks for all the replies.
I have been wondering if the mount is stable enough to prevent vibrations when the vehicle is driven over corrugations or damaged roads.

I have been wondering if the mount is stable enough to prevent vibrations when the vehicle is driven over corrugations or damaged roads.
I think the T130 mount, like those of the Blackvue 750, 900 etc, is stronger than any suction cup or ball & socket type mount favoured by some manufacturers.

I think the T130 mount, like those of the Blackvue 750, 900 etc, is stronger than any suction cup or ball & socket type mount favoured by some manufacturers.
You read my mind. I was thinking of suction cup type fittings.
I will test it as I have corrugated roads about 15K from me however at the moment due to covid-19 we have a drive limit of 5K and only for special reasons. Hoping they lift the "curfew" soon.

I dont get to drive the rough dirt roads any more, not really doing the hobby that took me to such roads anymore.

Today ALL corona restrictions was cancelled in Denmark, you pretty much just have to wear a face mask at the airport, and then school kids have to take a test once a week.
Nursing homes have begun the #3 shots.

So fans of the silly kick a ball around game, can now go crazy in large numbers just like in the old days.

iu

You read my mind. I was thinking of suction cup type fittings.
I will test it as I have corrugated roads about 15K from me however at the moment due to covid-19 we have a drive limit of 5K and only for special reasons. Hoping they lift the "curfew" soon.
I don't recomend using a suction cup unless you absolutely have to use one.

I used one on my very first dashcam I had about 8 years ago and even though it was built very solid, it would introduce or exagerate rough road vibration. Not only that... it would frequently come off the windshield on the hot days. Back then it felt like it was ok and felt like that was completely normal until I had my first dashcam attached directly in to the windshield, (a Viofo A119S to be precisely) and that was a huge difference in the image stability as it would only follow the natural car movement, nothing else.

So if you drive on corrugated roads with frequency then the suction cup adapter is the wrong way to go when it comes for picture stability.

Last edited:
With the stiff suspension of my van and the awful state of many roads I travel here, I haven't noticed any issue with my T130, but I have had issues with other cams.

As I see it the main factors involved with cam stability are cam weight, distance to mounting surface, rigidity of the mount, and the dimension of the mounting pad.
1-Weight can't be helped but can be be made worse through unnecessary use of heavy materials such as a metal case where plastic would be sufficient.
2-Distance to the mounting surface is the biggest 'killer' because of the exponential effects of leverage. I have a lightweight cam which is otherwise very solid in every way, but suffers vibration simply due to this effect. Another has a thin post between mount and cam which flexes.
3-I still have a G1W/s for a side-cam, and the mounting design of these was never very solid, again the sole problem.
4-Mount pad dimensions play a large role due to leverage resistance of wider dimensions. In this regard, the much-maligned 'suction' mounts can actually do very well but usually fail at the task due to #2, distance and rigidity.

The T130's mount is large enough in both dimension, short in distance to the cam, and fairly central to the cam body. These points are as ideal as you can get. Where the problem lies is that the connection to the mount is off-center, allowing the cam weight to have leverage against the mount. There's also less rigidity here than I'd like. Given the diameter of the cam which is significant, adding thickness to the 'ring' part of the mount to increase rigidity would be unsightly and lessen stealthiness. Adding width to the 'ring' or centering it better could help if the cam internals could be arranged around that, but a case and mount redesign would be expensive to do so we won't likely see that.

So while the design isn't ideal, it is as good as most cams and I think should be more than sufficient for most users, save perhaps for folks with trucks like mine or off-road drivers, and in that regard we'll have problems with many cams which most drivers won't have regardless. Time will show whether the mount stability is enough of an issue to be concerned about but I do hope Viofo considers my points in future designs.

Phil

Should be fine on dirt road, but there are a few resonant frequencies where it can vibrate enough to be visible on the footage, so if the road is actually corrugated at the wrong frequency then you may occasionally see some vibration, it is not as stable as an A139 but good for normal use.

Don't hold your breath for the curfew lift! It will get a lot worse yet before it gets better despite what your politicians are saying. Here we have 94% of people with good antibodies, and it is still spreading!

Yeah i want to see winter roll along, before i am willing to put any money down on anything.
Here we have 124 in the hospital, and people also still die, but numbers are not out of control ATM, even the emergency corona wards have all been closed down, and a nurse strike had no effect on things corona related here, that just affected scheduled regular stuff, which is also bad enough, it aint a dance on roses needing a new hip and not being able to get it.

Last edited:
I have no problems with the shaking of the T 130, although I also thought about the unreliability of the fasteners, but even on a bad road, everything was fine. I even glued the pad without working the place on the glass. As you can see, the weight of 130 is not much different from the weight of 139, but 139 seems to be more durable in appearance!
I continue to tempt without the back camera!

Attachments

• T130.jpg
    T130.jpg
    1,008.3 KB · Views: 20
  • A139.jpg
    A139.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 18
the start of each 1-min segment, at around the 1-to-2 second mark. The rear camera did not have the same duplicate frames.

I have not had time to check the files thoroughly - I'll try to investigate more tonight.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I watched videos @Karagandinez
There is a take of frames at the beginning of each one-minute clip, frames 40-41, frames 52-53.

Yes, at 60 fps there is a double frame, I use 30 fps and everything is OK
But it turned out that there are duplicate frames!

Last edited:
T130 does not have 60fps
Yes, no, but I tried 60fps, there is duplicate frames
And from the salon camera, there are duplicate frames at 30 fps
I checked my video carefully!
Yes, there is duplication and at 30 fps, they will fix it !!

Last edited:
Yes, at 60 fps there is a double frame, I use 30 fps and everything is OK
But it turned out that there are duplicate frames!
Are you testing a separate version of the firmware? Or, is the 60 fps hidden in the menu?

After startup I regularly have the mute button turn off the IR lamps on first press, after that it works fine, a long standing issue, don't know if that is just my dashcam though. I can't imagine what causes it, seems to be a strange design in there.
Did you try short-press Wi-Fi to set IR Off | On | Auto? Does it work? @Nigel @EGS

Last edited:
That did work on my camera a while back ( can not recall if it was before or after my firmware update on rear camera catastrophe )

I will test this again soon before my drive to the dentist.

Did you try short-press Wi-Fi to set IR Off | On | Auto? Does it work? @Nigel @EGS
It works correctly except for the first short press of the mute button which says IR lamps on, after that I can turn the IR lamps to auto then off normally using the Wi-fi button and the mute button works normally for mute.

If I turn the power off then on again then press mute then it says IR off again.

The Wi-Fi button works as intended but in one instance the mic acted as the Wi-Fi and rec button, then later it behaved normally.

Back