Viofo T130 3 Channel Dashcam - 2K Front + FHD Interior + FHD Rear

I shall check for cracks tomorrow...

I follow the topic carefully, but I have not seen a description of such actions.
Something my device started to reboot spontaneously. It does not depend on the ambient temperature.
And it does not depend on the duration of the work either. It happens several times a day.
Such a strange thing has also been noticed.
In the parking lot, it is set to record with a low bit rate, the timer is set for 24 hours, but it turns off according to the mood.
It can turn off after half an hour, after parking, or maybe write for 4 hours without switching off. I haven't tested it completely for 24 hours.

Nor mine. Gets hot though

Paul.

At night, sometimes I am seeing more over-exposed highlights than usual. EV is set to 0. WDR is off.
At the same time the video becomes more blurred, looking like there is a step up in gain and/or noise-reduction.

1631795676066.png

I have the CPL installed on my T130 day & night which might be a factor in this. I will check again without the CPL.

The image above is a crop from the centre of the video. Full frame thumbnail below.

2021_0911_223908_F.mp4_20210916_133946.020.jpg

Upon reviewing some footage, I have noticed my rear camera occasionally would do this (see video) at the start of a new clip.
This was not at startup of the camera, meaning that the camera have been recording for a while with the vehicle running (not in parking mode).
So the issue happens occasionally the beginning of a new clip as I already mentioned.
The corresponding front and interior cameras footage did record correctly.

This was a 2 min video but I only selected the first 10 seconds and did cut the rest.

Upon reviewing some footage, I have noticed my rear camera occasionally would do this (see video) at the start of a new clip.
This was not at startup of the camera, meaning that the camera have been recording for a while with the vehicle running (not in parking mode).
So the issue happens occasionally the beginning of a new clip as I already mentioned.
The corresponding front and interior cameras footage did record correctly.

This was a 2 min video but I only selected the first 10 seconds and did cut the rest.

That is exactly what I have been noticing. My T130 is also over exposed with the settings all set to default.
The black shiny thing on my back window is to reduce reflections as I have a cream coloured interior and it reflects dreadfully.

The black shiny thing on my back window is to reduce reflections as I have a cream coloured interior and it reflects dreadfully.

Don't know what brand or model vehicle you own but you can buy a rear deck cover for many brands of cars. Rear deck covers are essentially dash mats for the rear so if you can find one to fit your car it would solve your problem. And unlike front dash mats you don't have to concern yourself with the RHD/LHD issue.

https://www.carid.com/rear-deck-covers.html

https://www.coverking.com/custom-dash-covers/custom-rear-dash-covers/velour-rear-deck-cover.html

rear_deck.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know what brand or model vehicle you own but you can buy a rear deck cover for many brands of cars. Rear deck covers are essentially dash mats for the rear so if you can find one to fit your car it would solve your problem. And unlike front dash mats you don't have to concern yourself with the RHD/LHD issue.

https://www.carid.com/rear-deck-covers.html

https://www.coverking.com/custom-dash-covers/custom-rear-dash-covers/velour-rear-deck-cover.html

View attachment 58352

Thanks @Dashmellow I haven't seen this before.
My car is a Toyota Aurion Presara. I think they are called Camry in the US. If the T130 rear dash cam didn't have the USB-C cable pointing down then I could lift the powered rear see through curtain. Its a fun feature if you like gadgets like me.

Thanks @Dashmellow I haven't seen this before.
My car is a Toyota Aurion Presara. I think they are called Camry in the US. If the T130 rear dash cam didn't have the USB-C cable pointing down then I could lift the powered rear see through curtain. Its a fun feature if you like gadgets like me.

Yes, they make them for the Camry. Both links I posted sell them. Don't know if they ship overseas though.

Camry in EU too. :)
I think for my next car i better buy something popular instead of some bottom of barrel car, to stand a chance of just some aftermarket upgrades.

Back