VIOFO's A119S

Well I decided to open one of the cameras up and was following some of the tips from BC Hobbyist's video and I noticed some internal differences.

First I had to detach the speaker as that white tab was pointing down and the wires were coming out of the top and under the capacitors and camera ribbon. So I flipped it and cleaned up the wiring.

Second, my capacitors appear to be different. Mine are brown and not green. They say Cap Hy 2.7V 3.3F, whereas the green ones say Nano Force F9A. Not sure if there is a difference between the two.

Third, the camera module ribbon has been taped into a single strip. I guess for extra protection from heat and getting caught on anything?

View attachment 40377

Edit: Thanks Harsh. I guess I should hold off on buying the CPL filters until an updated one is released for the V3 A119S? Or would the A129 CPL filter work?

Viofo is trying to make a CPL that will fit both A119S and A129, you can not buy them yet.
The original A119 CPL filter will cause vignetting on V3. It's not that bed, but still..

CPL meant for the A129 should work.

I'm using the ones for the A119 series, vignetting is there but it's insignificant.

Ah okay, thanks. I'll probably just hold off since there will be new one coming out.

Finally got my rear a119s to work. All this time it was fooling me and saying it was recording but it wasn't. ! You know red flashing record light etc. No beeps..

So to summarize, the a119s is very fussy about memory cards. The only legit memory card that allows it to work for me is the Samsung one which I'm currently using. All the other legit mem cards that work fine in my legendary A119 front cam don't work well with the A119s. FML.
Moral of the story? I should have got another tried and tested A119 for the rear .

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Finally got my rear a119s to work. All this time it was fooling me and saying it was recording but it wasn't. ! You know red flashing record light etc. No beeps..

So to summarize, the a119s is very fussy about memory cards. The only legit memory card that allows it to work for me is the Samsung one which I'm currently using. All the other legit mem cards that work fine in my legendary A119 front cam don't work well with the A119s. FML.
Moral of the story? I should have got another tried and tested A119 for the rear .

I've been using the new SanDisk Ultra A1 card (must say A1 on it) and it's been solid so far. Been using both the 128GB and 256GB version.

I've been using the new SanDisk Ultra A1 card (must say A1 on it) and it's been solid so far. Been using both the 128GB and 256GB version.
Fair enough. Like I said respectfully, the a119s was major fail compared to a119 which is going on strong for almost 2 years now I think. Real customer, real user.

Last edited:
my two 119sv2 works perfect with transcend high endurance cards

Back