VIOFO's A119S

Country
United Kingdom
I have had trouble with the partial screen corruption on V2.4 and the changelog suggests it fixes this but didn't with my A119s. Flashed it again cleared to defaults and fingers crossed it's been ok for last week.

Country
Canada
Dash Cam
2x Viofo A119s w GPS v1 & v2, CPL, Lexar 64GB High Endurance
I have had trouble with the partial screen corruption on V2.4 and the changelog suggests it fixes this but didn't with my A119s. Flashed it again cleared to defaults and fingers crossed it's been ok for last week.
Yes I just had the same issue with my A119s running fw v2.4. Reapplied the fw and defaulted settings on the weekend and has been fine since. Now if the focus wasn't so bad in warm weather I would be happy with this dashcam.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Country
Canada
Dash Cam
One SG9665gc.. Two Viofo A119.. Three A119S
My problem with the A119S is that the GPS when set in settings works for a few days then my speed is not being recorded as the GPS setting goes to off but you gave me an idea I think I will do the firmware again

Country
Canada
Dash Cam
One SG9665gc.. Two Viofo A119.. Three A119S
Have you installed the thin foam pad to the camera as if not the camera moves about a little on the mount especially with a diesel car.
You think that it may be the problem? I am not sure about that cus my cam is pretty tight on the GPS module but ill try your advice thanks

Country
Romania
Hi guys,
I don't want to start a new topic, but I did not identified another one related with my issues so I will post here.
Many thanks in advance for your patience.
--------------------------
I purchased in this March an A119s v2 camera with a GPS module included.
From the beginning I noticed that every time last file was corrupted even if the REC led does not stop instantly.
I replaced capacitors with 5F/2.7V, I placed capacitors outside from the camera case, after that almost all last files were saved correctly. But are still some videos which are not properly saved during the trip (drive) even if I applied the foam pad and the camera is properly connected with the GPS stand.
Now, during hot summer days, I noticed that the camera doesn't start when I start the engine. If I put the camera over an air vent deflector and the camera is cooled down is starting Ok.
Also everytime when the camera is starting the date is wrong, 2016/01/01, the settings are preserved, not lost. I blame the RTC battery for that.
-----------------------
I use a Samsung 64GB C10 U3 SD Card
I applied the latest firmware and I reseted to default settings after.
The camera is powered from supplied cigarette USB charger, the 12V connection is from the fuse box (accessories fuse) trough a 12V plug, the whole cable and connectors are hidden beneath the dashboard.
-----------------------
In the end I'm asking myself and I asking you is my camera a defective one?
Because don't matter what I try to fix there are still corrupted files.
Do you let your camera permanently on the windshield during the day and is starting properly?

Attachments