VIOFO's A129 Duo

"> yes = select standard size CPL for 130 FOV Lens or new larger beveled CPL for 140+ FOV Lens."

Interesting, I didn't think about this. So the older CPL is better for the 130 FOV lens A129? Does the newer CPL still work well on it?

"> yes = select standard size CPL for 130 FOV Lens or new larger beveled CPL for 140+ FOV Lens."

Interesting, I didn't think about this. So the older CPL is better for the 130 FOV lens A129? Does the newer CPL still work well on it?
Either CPL should work fine with the newer lens.

Reactions: Mtz
How many hours of recording do you guys get roughly with 256gb for normal and parking mode?

I'm using v1.5 but the record time for mine is 16h. I have the 3 wiring kit but I'm not sure if that's causing the problem of not going into parking mode. I selected low bit rate but when checking the files is still the same as normal record.

It seems that the cabling was wrong so now it's all sorted.

In regards to parking mode, is it better to have 15fps time lapse or the low bit rate for parking mode? I'm after quality.

Couldn’t get firmware upgrade to work with my Moto G5S Plus, kept showing “Unable to connect to server, please disconnect the camera Wi-Fi connection and try again”, maybe not implemented yet. Overall the app works fine on both platforms.
I confirm the issue - when I took the screenshot I was connected on 4G and Wi-Fi was not turned on. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, running Android 8.0.
Screenshot_20190109-061107_VIOFO.jpg
@viofo - can you have a look at this?

Disable Mobile Data in smartphone settings.

Disable Mobile Data in smartphone settings.
How am I supposed to download firmwares without mobile data?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Disable data after you download the file.
I cannot download the firmware due to error that I posted! This is my understanding of how this should work:
While connected to the internet (either via GSM or WiFi), you go to VIOFO app and select "Update". This is supposed to download the firmware in the phone storage, then and after you connect to A129 WiFi, push the firmware to the dashcam. Instead of downloading the firmware I get the error that I posted.

Last edited:
Was under the impression that they haven't enabled that feature yet, has anyone reported that it was working?

I cannot download the firmware due to error that I posted! This is my understanding of how this should work:
While connected to the internet (either via GSM or WiFi), you go to VIOFO app and select "Update". This is supposed to download the firmware in the phone storage, then and after you connect to A129 WiFi, push the firmware to the dashcam. Instead of downloading the firmware I get the error that I posted.
I have not tried to update the firmware via the app, but I assumed that you needed to download the file first to the phone (not via the app), then use the app to update. Maybe I am wrong in thinking how this feature is supposed to function.

Was under the impression that they haven't enabled that feature yet, has anyone reported that it was working?
I didn't think it was supported yet either, but I have heard at least one user on Reddit say they have done it.

I have not tried to update the firmware via the app, but I assumed that you needed to download the file first to the phone (not via the app), then use the app to update. Maybe I am wrong in thinking how this feature is supposed to function.
Downloading file via computer to phone and pushing from phone to dashcam is totally unproductive... I would use the well known method via sd card instead. I was just trying to use the function provided in the app.

I always put a formatted card into the PC. Download to that. Tried and trusted method.

I always put a formatted card into the PC. Download to that. Tried and trusted method.
I do the same thing, but why not make use of the app to do it since the option is already in the menu? :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dunno m8. I don't always put my hands in front of the fire to warm them, I just sit in the room, lol....

Downloading file via computer to phone and pushing from phone to dashcam is totally unproductive... I would use the well known method via sd card instead. I was just trying to use the function provided in the app.
I was referring to downloading the firmware to the phone via the phones data, then turning off data and updating via the VIOFO app. No PC involved. Maybe this isn’t how the app update function works though, I haven’t tried yet.

So tried the A129 update through the app today and everything went smoothly. App version 1.7.5 using a iPhone 7 Plus. App downloaded the firmware and pushed it to the A129. No issues for me.

So tried the A129 update through the app today and everything went smoothly. App version 1.7.5 using a iPhone 7 Plus. App downloaded the firmware and pushed it to the A129. No issues for me.
I was reporting the problem on the Android version. As @Harsh said, the IOS version is working well.

Back