VIOFO's A129 Duo

I wish A129 had higher bitrate option? 16.5mbps just not enough when there are too many trees around.

You may want to check the A129 MODified firmwares thread. I believe they increased the bitrates in those versions.

You may want to check the A129 MODified firmwares thread. I believe they increased the bitrates in those versions.
Single channel bitrate was increased, but not dual channel

My bad, thanks for clearing that up!

FW menu has two bitrate options: High and Low.
What are the mBs values for these options ?

Are you sure that last line is correct? With WiFi on and using both front and rear camera, the bitrate is 16.3 for each camera? I thought bitrate was cut, almost in half, when WiFi is left on. Viofo told me it was a limitation with the chipset. Maybe there was an update that addressed this that I missed?

Are you sure that last line is correct? With WiFi on and using both front and rear camera, the bitrate is 16.3 for each camera? I thought bitrate was cut, almost in half, when WiFi is left on. Viofo told me it was a limitation with the chipset. Maybe there was an update that addressed this that I missed?
It's not something I've checked myself. @BCHobbyist posted the info in the MOD thread, but it seemed relevant here too.

After waiting more than 1 month, my A129 finally arrived! It replaced my Aukey DR02 D set. I can happily say that the cables are identical so I didn't have to rewire the rear camera cable!
I installed a Samsung Evo 128 Gb card which seems to work well. I'll upload some footage soon.
I also found a good place for the bluetooth button, on the bottom side of the steering weel.

After waiting more than 1 month, my A129 finally arrived! It replaced my Aukey DR02 D set. I can happily say that the cables are identical so I didn't have to rewire the rear camera cable!
How do you rate the A129 compared to the DR02 D ?

How do you rate the A129 compared to the DR02 D ?
AUKEY DR02 D:
Pros:
- daylight image quality - excellent
- design - connectors placement - they point straight to the car's roof making it easier to run the cables
Cons
- night time image suffers quite badly under yellow street lights
- the GPS module is separate - another wire to take care of
- front camera videos stutter every second (which is strange, as the rear camera doesn't have this issue)
- the front camera lens doesn't stay still and tends to vibrate if you mount the CPL. The same goes for the mount - I felt it a bit flimsy
- no mounting points for the CPL on the rear camera
- no parking mode

VIOFO A129
Pros:
- daylight image quality - excellent
- night time - very good
- Wi-Fi & VIOFO App
- Bluetooth button - what a useful little device!
- build quality - much better than DR02
- parking mode
- supported by Dashcam viewer
Cons:
- USB and rear camera connectors placement - WHY? Nobody runs the cable to the sides! In my case, the central mirror is located a bit to the right so I need to mount the camera to the left side of that mirror. That makes me run the cables a bit forced and no matter what I do, it doesn't look good...
- VIOFO App needs more development. I will post a list of things that need fixing.
Other than that, I don't see any other issue that cannot be fixed by a better firmware.

Received my A129 Duo, just waiting for the 3 wire hardwire kit. I will be installing it into a Hyundai Ioniq PHEV. The 12v battery is only small as it is not used to start the petrol (gas) engine, that is started from the traction batteries. What I have done is to install a golf kart / mobility scooter battery in the boot (trunk) that is split charged from the car battery. It is all fused and hidden away. One question I will need answering is does anyone know where the car aerial lead runs. I don't want interference on DAB, don't want to loose Planet Rock, God forbid.

I currently have my camera running 24 seven on my car. For some odd reason after a few hours I return my car and it is NOT recording the front camera. I have checked the settings and I cannot figure it out. If I power cycled the camera it adds the rear camera back into the system. All connections are tight and it’s a fairly new set up. Does anyone know why it sheds my rear camera when it sits for a few hours? The car batteries not been an issue. Attached are some screenshots.

Attachments

• 6AB406EB-D0CE-4E96-AA91-60CC19D5126D.jpeg
    6AB406EB-D0CE-4E96-AA91-60CC19D5126D.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 19
the rear camera still being recorded and just not being displayed, or losing the rear camera altogether?

Just checking if anyone has off focus on their A129. I've received 3 and all are different image quality.

Very strange to have 3 pcs A129 and all 3 to have different images quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back