VIOFO's A129 Duo

Power consumption (dual-channel mode)

Screen off, Wi-Fi off

with the screen off and wifi off. How long would you expect the battery to last before the car wont start? I have one of the cheaper volatage cutoffs and i believe the cutoff is too low.

it will physically fit but you may get a little vignetting in the corners, it needs a slightly larger filter than the A119
thanks. I may just buy a set to use on the A129 until they are available from Viofo because Viofo really isn't giving a straight answer (did you see any straight firm answers as to availability yet?) has anyone? as to when the A129 CPL, Bluetooth Button, and Parking Mode Hard 3-Wire Kit be available to the public? When will all this stuff will be available?, actually the CPL changed from available end of July to now another 4 weeks pushing September if I recall reading somewhere recently. I think the last thing Viofo said last week was ""IT'S BEING DEVELOPED". developed? Oh.. this is exactly what they said: "CPL Filter is still under development, need update to fit A129." doesn't sound like its going to be ready anytime soon....Viofo? @viofo @VIOFO_Support

Last edited:
it will physically fit but you may get a little vignetting in the corners, it needs a slightly larger filter than the A119
Yeah, there's a few videos on here showing it - tiny bit in the top left from what I recall. Not bad and certainly will work until the proper fitting ones are out. I'm putting my A119S CPL on my A129 Duo today.

Same with mine, I've been using a CPL on just the front cam of my A129 and it's the one off my old A119 V2. Works well except for a very very minor bit of vignetting seen on the top left during video playback. I'm almost tempted to just continue using it as now I've got a CPL on both my cams and if I buy the 'new' CPL, I'll be left with an unused extra. I can almost live with the vignetting as it is so minor and just save the $15 putting it towards some future Viofo cam that captures my interest, lol.

Same with mine, I've been using a CPL on just the front cam of my A129 and it's the one off my old A119 V2. Works well except for a very very minor bit of vignetting seen on the top left during video playback. I'm almost tempted to just continue using it as now I've got a CPL on both my cams and if I buy the 'new' CPL, I'll be left with an unused extra. I can almost live with the vignetting as it is so minor and just save the $15 putting it towards some future Viofo cam that captures my interest, lol.
Thats what I am gonna do since...I wonder why Viofo is saying ""CPL Filter is still under development, need update to fit A129." under development? for such a small difference between the A119? what is the reason for this under development statement Viofo made? they aren't saying its "in production". they are saying its under development like its far off and not coming anytime soon. their brochure indicates a CPL filter and Bluetooth Button and both are still unavailable. they put out the A129 too soon obviously, all these places rush their products out (blackvue included- DS900 overheating) way before they are DEVELOPED they are so. money hungry they put stuff out before its ready which is not fair then customers get pushed off with ever-changing dates and vagueness of availability. the CPL's should of came with the Kit not that we have to chase them down for when its development will be finished and then wait for production and availability world wide. its like a car manufacturer putting out a new model car before it is really ready and then fielding phone calls from customers why the steering wheel keeps falling off the steering column, why they can not SEE THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD. lol

Last edited:
I ordered the A129 CPLs as soon as they were available on the Viofo site. It took 3 weeks to ship, and when I got the boxes, they had the info for the A119. So unsure if I got duped or if they sent the A129 CPL in A119 CPL box

Hello, I set up my A129 recently and Im a bit disapointed in the video quality. Im not sure if theres something wrong or not but it seems other sample videos of the A129 Ive seen seem to be a lot better. Can anyone take a look at my videos and see if they look normal? I know uploading to youtube can dimish the quality but these videos don't look too far off of the raw file.
Daytime front:
Daytime rear:
Night front:
Night rear:

Hello, I set up my A129 recently and Im a bit disapointed in the video quality. Im not sure if theres something wrong or not but it seems other sample videos of the A129 Ive seen seem to be a lot better. Can anyone take a look at my videos and see if they look normal? I know uploading to youtube can dimish the quality but these videos don't look too far off of the raw file.
Your windshield is dirty. You can see the smudges from the refraction of sunlight. That will affect the quality of the video. Also aim your rear camera down one click or two. You would also benefit on improving your quality by getting the CPL lens.
Detail your windshield inside and out.

Last edited:
Thanks, Ill give my windshield a good cleaning. Is there a CPL filter specific for the a129? I thought the ones being sold on the viofo website are still for the older models.

Can tell by the size of the original files, if Wi-Fi was on, they'll be half the size or less. Normally it's 380MB for a 3 minute segment. Or check the bitrate.
I made sure the wifi was off and took some more test videos today. Still looks off to me, license plates aren't readable unless their really close to me. Could updating the firmware help?

Looks fine. Too much reflection from the dashboard and A-pillars, CPL will help.

Thanks, Im also gonna look into putting down a dash mat. I think that should help.

Licence plates are rarely readable unless the vehicle is close with a wide angle lens. Hence why several people are experimenting with a 2nd camera with a telephoto lens installed. It's to do with DOF and focal points. As for the rest of your issues, severe dash reflections as others have pointed out. Be careful choosing material for a mat as some materials are reflective in themselves even if not obviously shiny. Best option is to look in the Dashmat thread that was started on here some time ago.

@Andy555 I saw you cleaned your windshield a little. It certainly helps. US license plates and for that matter Central, and South America have this stupid obsession with making them as unreadable as possible. If we had plates like Europe does, you would see that they are easier to make out the plate. Good suggestions from everyone else on the dash mat, as well as the CPL filter.

@Andy555 I saw you cleaned your windshield a little. It certainly helps. US license plates and for that matter Central, and South America have this stupid obsession with making them as unreadable as possible. If we had plates like Europe does, you would see that they are easier to make out the plate. Good suggestions from everyone else on the dash mat, as well as the CPL filter.

I"ll probably get a mat first and then possibly the CPL if its still an issue. I was thinking about getting this mat.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...dc57-4b48-bac1-fcfc79c39044&priceBeautifyAB=0

Licence plates are rarely readable unless the vehicle is close with a wide angle lens. Hence why several people are experimenting with a 2nd camera with a telephoto lens installed. It's to do with DOF and focal points. As for the rest of your issues, severe dash reflections as others have pointed out. Be careful choosing material for a mat as some materials are reflective in themselves even if not obviously shiny. Best option is to look in the Dashmat thread that was started on here some time ago.

I was thinking about getting this matt. Any way to tell if it'd be too reflective?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...dc57-4b48-bac1-fcfc79c39044&priceBeautifyAB=0

Attachments

• civic mat.PNG
    civic mat.PNG
    701.9 KB · Views: 29
Back