VIOFO's A129 Duo

Hmm, won't that interfere with your passenger side airbag?

Ehhh, I don't care to much for my passengers anyway... Jk

But I dont think it would, the mat is designed specifically for my model of civic so I would think it should be fine.

I'm the wrong person to ask as I have no experience of dashmats. However, the fact it is polyester is ringing alarm bells from a reflective perspective as polyester fibres are quite shiny. The dashmat thread is your friend as several people have experimented with different materials.
Thanks, I give a look through that thread

Last edited:
Having trouble with the A129 wifi. I am connected ion my iphone x with a proper ip address. When I open the app it tells me to connect to my camera, I click connect, it tells me to long press the wifi icon even though the wifi red led is lit on the camera, i long press it, then it brings me to an ios permissions page over and over. It never connects. I have chosen forget the network and try again and same thing. Any ideas? Only thing that has worked is to unplug the camera, powr it up. But will never connect without doing that.......frustrating.

Having trouble with the A129 wifi. I am connected ion my iphone x with a proper ip address. When I open the app it tells me to connect to my camera, I click connect, it tells me to long press the wifi icon even though the wifi red led is lit on the camera, i long press it, then it brings me to an ios permissions page over and over. It never connects. I have chosen forget the network and try again and same thing. Any ideas? Only thing that has worked is to unplug the camera, powr it up. But will never connect without doing that.......frustrating.

You need to go into your phones WiFi setting and select the A129, then enter the password (12345678), then connect.

You need to go into your phones WiFi setting and select the A129, then enter the password (12345678), then connect.

I am connected to the Viofo network. I connect, see that I have an ip, open the app, then get stuck in an infinite loop of telling to connect to wifi when infact I am on the network. But if I unplug the camera, and reboot it works. But a few hours later if I try to connect it will not again. OVer and over.

Is this normal night performance for the A129 DUP rear camera looking through the stock/oem tinted rear window? Why the purple and stripes? Barely useable at night at certain times. My other rear cams other brands, same window, never looked like this.

rear jeep window looks like this from the factory http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/7792...grand-cherokee-limited-rear-three-quarter.jpg
Are you using the factory supplied USB cable?
And we recommend turning the WDR setting off...

Disabling the cell phone connection allowed me to connect to the cameras wifi reliably! Thank you for this trick.

I am using the supplied usb cable. Turning off WDR helped the night issue. You guys are great.

Last edited:
I take that back. Still horizontal bands at night. Here is a look at my settings. Anything else I should check before returning the camera?

could be the cable or the camera but whichever it is it's a hardware fault, you'll need to discuss with the seller

I take that back. Still horizontal bands at night. Here is a look at my settings. Anything else I should check before returning the camera?
Are you using the supplied power adaptor?
With nothing else plugged into it?

I have seen something similar when the card wasn't seated properly into the card reader.

It's only on the rear camera files? Make sure the cable is fully seated on both ends (front and rear).

Last edited:
I have seen something similar when the card wasn't seated properly into the car. It's only on the rear camera files? Make sure the cable is fully seated on both ends (front and rear).
I've had that issue as well, it seems to come from a bad power source. I was experimenting with this on another car that I had. Using the supplied power seems to have fixed the issue. Time will tell though.

I also sent you an email via amazon reporting this issue CYA!

Reactions: Mtz
I've had that issue as well, it seems to come from a bad power source. I was experimenting with this on another car that I had. Using the supplied power seems to have fixed the issue. Time will tell though.

Have I responded to your Amazon message? I don't have any unanswered messages on Amazon. I have had a couple of customers with bad rear camera cables, but don't recall any of my customers who had this "line" issue.

Also, I need to edit the message you quoted. I must have been asleep at the wheel, since what I wrote isn't what I meant to write. See the edit.

I get errors as well if the rear camera plug is bent. Anyone know where I can buy a shorter cable Possible 10 feet replacement. the one that it comes with is super long for an is350

I'm looking for a new dashcam and the Viofo A129 has features that I like. But if I've read everything correctly so far... No hard-wire kit is available to properly enable parking mode, and no CPL is on sale yet either? And the app is incomplete too. Is this correct? Was this product released before it was ready? Would I be buying into a beta test at full price?!

A119 series CPL (front and rear).

F.W V. 1.2 - 1080p @ 30fps, Bitrate - High, WDR - Off, CPL - Yes.

Sunny

Front

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aGJkyFrBw8Blf_oAVWU_pk-7m5GFVBr8

Rear

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UO5CtJ5KLlpJCZTqoRzwrm1TO8ymtjFZ

Combined

Thanks for posting your A129 videos - they look fine to me. I bought the A129 about a week ago but haven't installed it just yet. Waiting for the hard wire kit to become available.
CPL question, does the CPL for the A119 also fit the A129 front and back cameras without any modifications?

Back