Warranty and support

SanDisk is not recommended as they use a proprietary controller that has known long-term issues with Novatek systems. Please test using the supplied card for a bit to see how that goes.

Last edited:
I am using 16gb class 10 sandisk card.
I tried plugging in the power once engine is started, and the dashcam froze up after 12 seconds of recording (delay timer is set to 15s)... after reset it froze 2 more times, then it was OK.
I will try using it with power supply that I got from you.

I wonder if it's due to SanDisk is not recommended to use in dashcams. We have many threads and post regarding this. Only higher class ( Ultra ) may work for some people, but this still hit and miss.
I have good experience with Transcend and Lexar 300x / 633x series memory cards using in dashcams and especially in SG series. Please try one of those models memory cards.

I have a Lexar 32gb class 10 card that I can try... I will also try using provided power supply. Hopefully this solves all my issues.

By the way, I reviewed last night's footage and i must say - night time performance is excellent. Even in places where road was illuminated only by my car's headlights.

Last edited:
a couple of updates happening over the next week specifically to address card handling and improved support for more card brands

OK, I tried it with the included power supply, and a 32gb class 10 Lexar card. It's still no good...
Sometimes it freezes right after start, or some minutes later. Once it showed "card full" error while recording, but when I turned it on again, it worked fine (card was formatted in device).
Sometimes "rec" LED flashes, but it's not recording.
Most of the time when cam freezes the file is corrupt, but I also managed to capture one where it records motion up to a point, then it freezes frame and records only sound and time on the bottom right. I can upload this one to youtube if needed.

This is really frustrating, I would be grateful for some ideas how to fix this problem.

OK, I tried it with the included power supply, and a 32gb class 10 Lexar card. It's still no good...
Sometimes it freezes right after start, or some minutes later. Once it showed "card full" error while recording, but when I turned it on again, it worked fine (card was formatted in device).
Sometimes "rec" LED flashes, but it's not recording.
Most of the time when cam freezes the file is corrupt, but I also managed to capture one where it records motion up to a point, then it freezes frame and records only sound and time on the bottom right. I can upload this one to youtube if needed.

This is really frustrating, I would be grateful for some ideas how to fix this problem.

a couple of updates happening over the next week specifically to address card handling and improved support for more card brands

We are testing now new firmware which we got yesterday from software engineers. Some adjustments has to be made. Hopefully within next week will be fully ready.

I went for a drive with DMM connected and logging voltage on cig socket (logging at 3 times per sec). I wanted to check if maybe there are some unusual voltage drops or spikes that may be causing problems with dashcam. I did not notice anything unusual - voltage with engine running is a healthy 14.5v, may drop to 13v when fiddling with receivers (lights, heater, AC etc). I can send the log to anyone interested.

Only when the engine is being started, voltage drops from battery-powered 12v to 0v for about a second, and then goes up to 14.5v. This causes the cam to start recording a new file for some reason. But, I've seen it freeze or crash on various other occasions as well, so I am not sure if it is related.

Anyway, I am waiting for new firmware, hopefully it fixes my problems.

we're still working on that but if you want to try any of the betas pre-release to see if they help your situation just contact @niko and he can arrange for you
I will give later on when get back home to my PC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DT MI SG9665GC 14
A SG9665GC 3
Roy aussie SG9665GC 4
Back