Weird android things

JDtime

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo Mini, Viofo WM1, Blueskysea b1w, Vantrue X1
My girlfriend has a galaxy s8 with android pie. I had the best software on the camera for parking mode but since went back to the latest official firmware. She was also using 1.8.9 but had her move back to 1.8.5. The issue is this on either app version with firmware. When she goes in to the playback settings for videos. Its not showing any thumbnails of the videos. It will also only load that days videos and if you scroll down its load only the first like 20 vids with a refresh and will not show anymore or any from another date. She will have to go in to the phone clear the cache for the app and sometimes reinstall and her vids from other days. Then after a few hours it goes back to not loading everything to view. Now I have an iphone and i can connect to her camera and the vids show up there fine from other days. So i know the files are there. Do you have any ideas how to fix her problem with the android s8 phone and the app? She is not happy she has to always clear things our and reload in or

Do you have any ideas how to fix her problem with the android s8 phone and the app? She is not happy she has to always clear things our and reload in or
Switch on the flying mode and give it a try. It should cut off the WiFi connection automatically!

Sorry it works fine on all my iOS devices but i will give it a go with my Amazon Fire tablet tonight and see how it goes.

Sorry it works fine on all my iOS devices but i will give it a go with my Amazon Fire tablet tonight and see how it goes.

Trust me ive been trying to convert her over to get an iphone. I have zero issues with it. It doesnt happen right away on her android takes a bit of time then it happens.

Switch on the flying mode and give it a try. It should cut off the WiFi connection automatically!

That did not work for the s8 with pie. We have tried 1.85, 1.8.7, and 1.8.2 app verisons now with same results. If you put in flying mode it turns off wifi so wont connect to camera. The way we have it set up we went in to the app and shut off let data so its only wifi. It connects to the camera but when you go in to video mode to view files all the files are blank images and when you scroll down it just reloads the same like 15- 20 blank images. So no preview of videos. It will not play any videos from camera either. I can connect fine with my iphone and videos are there. So something with the app and android on the s8 is going on.

TJD, my 2c: try that scrolling videos with location set on ON onto your phone. Maybe that will make any difference. I know that Pie version of android have some issues with it in combination with some apps.
I had some similar problems with a Fuji photo wireless printer and with an IP Cam. Both with a S9 with Pie. Couldn't connect to them print or to view recorded videos unless my location was ON. I doesn't make any sense but...
Good luck.

And also, check cam app permissions on phone. Play with them, enable/disable them one by one/all, maybe...(y)

Back