Weird app behavior with 512GB card

It seems that you have not loaded them completely on APP. Since there are many files on your card, it needs longer times for downloading. If you have waited enough time for downloading, shall we get a video for analysis? Please upload a video here:
https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
Please advise us after uploading. It is better to open a ticket on our official website to get help:
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are asking for. Also, there is no waiting longer for downloading to complete, I can leave the app open for an hour and no other videos will show up. What video do you want me to upload??

I'll open a ticket on the website as well.

It seems that you have not loaded them completely on APP. Since there are many files on your card, it needs longer times for downloading. If you have waited enough time for downloading, shall we get a video for analysis? Please upload a video here:
https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
Please advise us after uploading. It is better to open a ticket on our official website to get help:
I created a ticket. Multiple users are reporting the issue across different threads. The app isn't loading files properly; it has a problem. There is only a small timeframe where it "loads" the files on app- something you cannot change- and in that timeframe it simply doesn't load all files -very few in the grand scheme, tbh. The screenshots are right there, I don't see a video helping any further in all honesty.

This can almost surely be reproduced on your end. Just fill up a 256GB+ SD card and check what the app displays vs PC.

This can almost surely be reproduced on your end. Just fill up a 256GB+ SD card and check what the app displays vs PC.
Just as another datapoint, I used the app yesterday with my filled 256GB card and did not experience the problem you had. My most recent videos were visible along with thumbnails. I have 1 min files at the highest video setting and maximum bitrate with HEVC recording (389MB video files). My card is a SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance.

There is a bug, but it may not be something everyone is experiencing and for any card size.

Last edited:
Just as another datapoint, I used the app yesterday with my filled 256GB card and did not experience the problem you had. My most recent videos were visible along with thumbnails. I have 1 min files at the highest video setting and maximum bitrate with HEVC recording (389MB video files). My card is a SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance.

There is a bug, but it may not be something everyone is experiencing and for any card size.
Interesting. The one key difference here between us is you are using 1min segments. I have not tried anything less than three (w/HEVC). I have tried a 256GB Max Endurance, High Endurance, and Samsung Pro Endurance, all 256GB. They have all exhibited the same issue.

What FW version are you on?

It could be worth a try, trying other segment sizes just for the hell of it.
When i test dashcams i generally just test with my favorite settings setup, it would be very extensive if i was to test and fill a whole memory card ( 256 GB ) with each segment size option / settings combination, and so on, even if i do generally test on a system for at least 6 months before i sign off on it.

I assume you are connected to the camera with the 5 GHZ option, that is what i have used lately testing the wifi speeds on viofo dashcams ( A229 - A 139 - A119 mini - T 130 ASO ) and load times and speeds was fine, though i am fairly sure i did not test with totally full memory cards, or for that matter browsed to the very last files recorded.
I am making a mental note here and will try to do so in the future, CUZ clearly there are a hidden potential here for grief. And as i recommend BIG memory cards, well i should also test for any possible issues in this regard.

I can not recall if i have a 256GB card in the A119 mini in my car, but i will take a look tomorrow and if so see if it can load all the clips on the card
Hell i will even try that on the Vantrue E2 system i also have in the car, it is for sure a 256 GB card and i am also pretty sure it is 100 % full

I will switch to 1m segments and report back in a few days, give or take. It may just be that the app has a problem loading large files. 1m v. 3m is a considerable difference in size so we'll see if 1min cuts the lag and they display properly.

I hate 1m segments though tbh, it is one of the reasons I got a Viofo, for its customizable stuff. Was always a Blackvue user.

Also on the latest FW. And yep, I do run 5GHz default.

Yeah 1 min are insane small, i have always used 3 minutes file size and feel comfortable with that.
I have recorded scenic drives using action cameras, in that case they have just split the recordings them self at 4 GB file size, that is nicer to work with when your scenic drive video are 7 - 8 hours long.

Some dashcam brands lock you to 1 segment size, i think Garmin just use 1 minute.

I will switch to 1m segments and report back in a few days, give or take. It may just be that the app has a problem loading large files. 1m v. 3m is a considerable difference in size so we'll see if 1min cuts the lag and they display properly.

I hate 1m segments though tbh, it is one of the reasons I got a Viofo, for its customizable stuff. Was always a Blackvue user.

Also on the latest FW. And yep, I do run 5GHz default.
I switched to 3m segments on a 512GB card and the issue went away. I switched back to 1m segments and the issue came back. I've now switched to a 256GB card and recording in 1m segments. Will report back once the card has been filled up.

I must admit that when I saw posted issues with such a large card that is 512Gb just too much for this type of application ?

I must admit that when I saw posted issues with such a large card that is 512Gb just too much for this type of application ?
It happens with 256GB cards as well. I mean, they do advertise it as working with cards up to 512GB (with the exception that some may be "unstable").

So far it still records to the full 512GB, it's just the app that won't bring up the videos.

Personally just thinking of downsizing to 128GB cards and hot-swapping them as needed.

I use 128Gb but they suit me fine as I offload to the PC ASAP

I'm using (Sandisk 512GB Extreme) and I just tried to watch the latest videos through the app, and they loaded without any problems, and the SD card is full.

It happens with 256GB cards as well. I mean, they do advertise it as working with cards up to 512GB (with the exception that some may be "unstable").

So far it still records to the full 512GB, it's just the app that won't bring up the videos.

Personally just thinking of downsizing to 128GB cards and hot-swapping them as needed.
What card are you using? We have tested this with our 512GB card and there is no such problem. To figure out the problem, the card is full of video files. But the videos can be loaded soon on the app.

I just tested APP performance, with the A119 mini camera that have a 256GB card inside, recording 3 minute files at best IQ and so on.

There was no problem loading all the old files going back a couple of weeks in my case.
I did however open the app first so in the case of the viofo all the thumbnails are updated when i got the screen recorder going.

Also did the same with the Vantrue E2 system just to check, also here there was no problems loading pu preview of the oldest files or playing them back.

Did a screen capture for your time loosing, the video are 3.5 minutes and as its on phone in insane orientation.

Sadly i do not have a A139 pro for testing so i can not try and replicate the issues of you guys.

Phone is a older high end from xiaomi tapped out on android 12 as i recall. snapdragon 845 CPU as i recall.

Set the length of the files to 1 min or 2 min and then check. The problem is precisely with files that are 1 min or 2 min long. A large number of files on the card causes the app to crash while reading files.

What card are you using? We have tested this with our 512GB card and there is no such problem. To figure out the problem, the card is full of video files. But the videos can be loaded soon on the app.
I've used your own Viofo card, a Samsung Pro Plus, and a Sandisk Extreme Pro in the 512GB flavors. 256GB ones I listed in the previous post, mostly endurance cards.

Weirdly, more videos are loading now that I have set it back to five min segments. I don't know why it seems intermittent now. Puzzling. Will continue to observe.

I'm using a Viofo branded 512GB card and it does not work, it will not load all of the videos on the app. I switched to a Sandisk 256GB and it works sometimes, but not every time. It's like the app times out or something.

I just tested APP performance, with the A119 mini camera that have a 256GB card inside, recording 3 minute files at best IQ and so on.

There was no problem loading all the old files going back a couple of weeks in my case.
I did however open the app first so in the case of the viofo all the thumbnails are updated when i got the screen recorder going.

Also did the same with the Vantrue E2 system just to check, also here there was no problems loading pu preview of the oldest files or playing them back.

Did a screen capture for your time loosing, the video are 3.5 minutes and as its on phone in insane orientation.

Sadly i do not have a A139 pro for testing so i can not try and replicate the issues of you guys.

Phone is a older high end from xiaomi tapped out on android 12 as i recall. snapdragon 845 CPU as i recall.
It works fine with 3m segments, when you move to 1m segments is when the issue starts.

Back