Weird app behavior with 512GB card

No, it's more likely just that they have not officially released the new firmware. A beta firmware release is often given early to customers who have reported specific issues and before full testing is complete. They want to hear back first that early testers have no issues with a new release before announcing it to everyone.

P.S. And I will wait to install new firmware until it is officially announced on their website. I don't have anything broken right now so it's more likely that an early firmware release will cause me more harm than good.

Last edited:
I bumped into this thread while surfing the Forum. I'm also using a 512GB card and although I hadn't been having any file issues that I was aware of, I downloaded the firmware and successfully updated my camera – just to play safe with the large card. After updating the firmware, I continue not to have any file issues that I am aware of. The new firmware updates to V1.1_0424.

@VIOFO-Support
I got curious and checked the Viofo A139 Pro support page online – as of today (May 28 in the US) this new firmware version is not yet available on the support page... what shows as available is V1.1_0321. It has been ten days since the posting above about the new firmware. Is there a particular reason why the new firmware isn't available from the support page or is it just that the website updates require more time? How are firmware updates normally announced to registered owners?... I wouldn't have been aware of this update if I hadn't found this thread. Does Viofo send emails to registered owners notification of firmware updates?

-Bob
This firmware is just for special use to solve the specific issue that part of the customers meets. So we have not released it on our official website. It is better not to update it if you have not met the same issues.

Mine has been working properly ever since I had it replaced. Though I still haven't updated the firmware, and I frankly don't plan to anytime soon.

Mine has been working properly ever since I had it replaced. Though I still haven't updated the firmware, and I frankly don't plan to anytime soon.
I wonder what the difference is then... Unfortunately, there’s no way to see hardware version via the app.

The super secret firmware update seems to have resolved the WiFi issues for me, but still have the issue where the dashcam either secretly locks up or shuts down due to heat... Also, can’t forget about the super useful “feature” that causes the dashcam to auto event motion record 6000+ useless videos of my dark windowless garage after several days, which causes the dashcam to only be able to record 1.5 - 2 days worth of useful driving video on my VIOFO branded 512GB SD card.

Good stuff…

A few months ago when I started getting into dashcams, I wondered why the overwhelming majority of top rated Chinese brands from a few years ago were basically considered junk or non-existent these days. Now I know why… My 1st & last VIOFO product, without a doubt…

Last edited:
I wonder what the difference is then... Unfortunately, there’s no way to see hardware version via the app.

The super secret firmware update seems to have resolved the WiFi issues for me, but still have the issue where the dashcam either locks up or shuts down due to heat... Also, can’t forgot about the super useful “feature” that causes the dashcam to auto event motion record 6000+ videos of my dark windowless garage after several days
Good stuff…

Well... Today wasn't a very hot day (maybe 24C) but heat does build up in the car. At around noon I went to the car to pull the sdcard (to flash another firmware) and not only was the DC boiling but the sdcard was too hot to hold

Funny enough all videos were present and being recorded perfectly.

I hope it lasts.

Well... Today wasn't a very hot day (maybe 24C) but heat does build up in the car. At around noon I went to the car to pull the sdcard (to flash another firmware) and not only was the DC boiling but the sdcard was too hot to hold

Funny enough all videos were present and being recorded perfectly.

I hope it lasts.
SD card should be fine, but the heat will reduce life expectancy a bit.

I’m actually hoping my A139Pro dies prematurely due to heat, would give me tangible reason to upgrade to Blackview or a ThinkWare U3000. As a former Test Engineering manager, I’m done being Viofo’s unpaid beta tester via constantly submitting tickets to their technical support; they know the issues, they need to pay to fix them if they want to remain relevant in this emerging market.

SD card should be fine, but the heat will reduce life expectancy a bit.

I’m actually hoping my A139Pro dies prematurely due to heat, would give me tangible reason to upgrade to Blackview or a ThinkWare U3000. As a former Test Engineering manager, I’m done being Viofo’s unpaid beta tester via constantly submitting tickets to their technical support; they know the issues, they need to pay to fix them if they want to remain relevant in this emerging market.

The U3000 seems nice, especially with that radar for parking mode but the price... Woah.

The U3000 seems nice, especially with that radar for parking mode but the price... Woah.
I’ll gladly pay a hefty premium for something that works. I’ve had the A139 Pro silently lockup a few times while driving, making it a useless expense. The only thing that alerted me to the fact the dashcam was locked up & wasn’t recording was the dashcam was silent after pressing the lock video button during the rare USEFUL footage I wanted to save.

Factoring in the A139Pro hasn’t recorded the useful footage I wanted, the value proposition of an even more expensive dashcam that actually works makes a whole lot of financial sense

This seems odd to me, I'm running a Viofo 139Pro in 3ch mode, 3min file length, 512gb Sandisk card, and its working really well for me.

I’ll gladly pay a hefty premium for something that works. I’ve had the A139 Pro silently lockup a few times while driving, making it a useless expense. The only thing that alerted me to the fact the dashcam was locked up & wasn’t recording was the dashcam was silent after pressing the lock video button during the rare USEFUL footage I wanted to save.

Factoring in the A139Pro hasn’t recorded the useful footage I wanted, the value proposition of an even more expensive dashcam that actually works makes a whole lot of financial sense
So sorry for the issues. Could you please open a ticket here to get further help? https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

So sorry for the issues. Could you please open a ticket here to get further help? https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new
No thanks, I’m done being Viofo’s unpaid beta tester. You have all of the info above, it’s no different than what I would submit in another ticket, of several I’ve already submitted for various issues. I’ll likely be purchasing the new ThinkWare U3000, so I’m not all that concerned whether Viofo can fix these issues or not, because I will be getting rid of my A139 Pro soon & will also likely never purchase another Viofo product to be another beta tester for. Do better on your next flagship product release, else become obsolete in the marketplace

There TOO many Parking mode videos recorded in my BRIGHTLY lit garage with NOTHING that can possibly cause the movement detection or G-sensor to start an auto event detection video.
Is your garage lit by LEDs? If so, is your camera set to 60Hz (the USA supply frequency)? If not you'll be getting a 10Hz "beat" in the level of illumination that the camera may sense as motion.

It would be nice to be able to turn off motion detection altogether in parking mode and make it G-sensor only.

However, I have been unable to trigger the g sensor even after smacking my windshield and having detection on the highest sensitivity.

It would be nice to be able to turn off motion detection altogether in parking mode and make it G-sensor only.

However, I have been unable to trigger the g sensor even after smacking my windshield and having detection on the highest sensitivity.
FYI, I know my g-sensor works in parking mode because it triggers if I slam my car door, but less destructively if I remove the camera from the windscreen and move it about.

New to the forum, late to the party.

This has been an informative thread. My 139 Pro does not download from the camera to the app for days at a time. The firmware is up to date,but I am running one of those *not recommended* cards so I have another on the way to see if that cures the issue up. My issues are a lot like others, when using the app my newest videos may be days old. I can't see any of the RO files on the app and very few other views. It is kind of hit or miss since the firmware update, hopefully the new SD card will cure the other issue. I have yet to see a map of my travels, not sure about that yet.

bob

I have yet to see a map of my travels, not sure about that yet.

bob
FYI... The Viofo app does not produce a map of your journeys. You have to open the files on your computer in software like Dash Cam Viewer, which will tie the GPS data embedded in the video files to a map on your computer. There is a separate section in the Dash Cam Talk forum devoted to this software... I'm not sure whether there are competitors. I use it myself and like the way it can display and play both the front and rear camera videos simultaneously as well as plot a trip on a map. (dashcamviewer.com .... I have no relationship at all with that company)

FYI... The Viofo app does not produce a map of your journeys. You have to open the files on your computer in software like Dash Cam Viewer, which will tie the GPS data embedded in the video files to a map on your computer. There is a separate section in the Dash Cam Talk forum devoted to this software... I'm not sure whether there are competitors. I use it myself and like the way it can display and play both the front and rear camera videos simultaneously as well as plot a trip on a map. (dashcamviewer.com .... I have no relationship at all with that company)

Thanks for that. I am not sold on the need quite yet. I kind of know where I go. I am still getting the hang of just using the thing. :)

bob

New to the forum, late to the party.

This has been an informative thread. My 139 Pro does not download from the camera to the app for days at a time. The firmware is up to date,but I am running one of those *not recommended* cards so I have another on the way to see if that cures the issue up.
The latest released firmware is V1.1_0615: https://viofo.com/content/75-A139-Pro-Support/#Firmware. If you haven't updated you might try that first. I don't recall seeing confirmation if the app bug fix was included in this latest release.

If the latest FW doesn't work then if you want to experiment before waiting for the new SD card, try the experimental firmware posted for this specific app-display bug: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/weird-app-behavior-with-512gb-card.48716/page-4#post-593869

Update:

I received a recommended 256G card and did the slow format to get it to FAT 32 vs exFat and installed. After a short drive yesterday it *seems* to be working fine. A few more days of driving and seeing what I can access via the app will tell me for sure. I am running 3ch presently. So far I am much happier with the cam and app at this point.

bob

Update:

I received a recommended 256G card and did the slow format to get it to FAT 32 vs exFat and installed. After a short drive yesterday it *seems* to be working fine. A few more days of driving and seeing what I can access via the app will tell me for sure. I am running 3ch presently. So far I am much happier with the cam and app at this point.

bob
And just like that I am once again thinking this Viofo was a mistake. After a longish trip over the 4th to the 7th I went to review a couple of clips and the latest that the app will open is 7/2. This is worthless as a dash cam that you need near real time access to the files. I it have in case of an accident and it becomes a he said she said thing with the police and then I could pull up the clip right there on my phone, not later when I pull the card and plug into a laptop. I am more than half tempted to pull this system out and send it back. I am using a 3 channel setup so maybe that is an issue? All I know is I am not real happy with this right now nor the support via email that is a days long back and forth. I guess I should have done just a touch more research before purchasing this set up. My last ditch effort will be to drop to a 128 card (now a 256) and use the latest firmware once again. My happiness did not last very long. :(

bob

Back