Weird app behavior with 512GB card

Here is video showing missing files on the app.

Very similar to what mine does. Though often mine just straight up does not load files except ones going back a few days. I have to pop the SD in an adapter on my phone or in the ole PC to see them. It's a little better on the 256GB cards but 512GB is basically unusable for me.

Additionally, I've noticed that when a confirmed lock is triggered, it isn't always under locked files. I use the BT button and get audible confirmation. Sometimes it's not even locked; other times it is, but shows up in the regular list only.

I cannot reproduce this behavior. Is it because you are scrolling fast? I scroll by waiting for each file to load on the screen before moving down the list. Very slowly. I can see the file load in one at a time. If I scroll too fast. It gets wonky.

I cannot reproduce this behavior. Is it because you are scrolling fast? I scroll by waiting for each file to load on the screen before moving down the list. Very slowly. I can see the file load in one at a time. If I scroll too fast. It gets wonky.
Are you using a 512GB card with 1m loop times?

Are you using a 512GB card with 1m loop times?
I used many types ranging from 128 GB to 512 GB all from different variants, including the VIOFO 512GB endurance. Maybe my phone is just not getting the bug you are getting. I tested many loop types. There is a good reason I did not respond when you began this thread. From your video, your videos took about 22 seconds to load. I can tell you my videos load in less than 10 seconds. thumbnails load almost instantly. I am sitting in the car. I am having the perfect experience. 5Ghz mode.

I used many types ranging from 128 GB to 512 GB all from different variants, including the VIOFO 512GB endurance. Maybe my phone is just not getting the bug you are getting. I tested many loop types. There is a good reason I did not respond when you began this thread. From your video, your videos took about 22 seconds to load. I can tell you my videos load in less than 10 seconds. thumbnails load almost instantly. I am sitting in the car. I am having the perfect experience. 5Ghz mode.
iOS? Android? I'm using a Pixel 7, so a current generation Android phone.

iOS? Android? I'm using a Pixel 7, so a current generation Android phone.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I rewatched your video and noticed you are connected to 5G LTE and had no Wifi icon in the top bar. When I connect to the VIOFO A139 Pro, I click the wifi 5G and wait till it connects and pops a message asking if I want to switch, stay connected, or disconnect from the wifi because there is no internet connectivity detected. This message is different depending on the manufacturer of the phone. I make sure I stay connected. one of the options allows you to stay connected and have 5G LTE, Edit: this option can cause issues making the app work and have weird quirks. I lose 5G LTE and stay connected to the 5Ghz wifi VIOFO.
please retry by waiting for you phone to complain about not having internet connectivity(I believe it was a notification) and tell it to stay connected.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I rewatched your video and noticed you are connected to 5G LTE and had no Wifi icon in the top bar. When I connect to the VIOFO A139 Pro, I click the wifi 5G and wait till it connects and pops a message asking if I want to switch, stay connected, or disconnect from the wifi because there is no internet connectivity detected. This message is different depending on the manufacturer of the phone. I make sure I stay connected. one of the options allows you to stay connected and have 5G LTE, Edit: this option can cause issues making the app work and have weird quirks. I lose 5G LTE and stay connected to the 5Ghz wifi VIOFO.
please retry by waiting for you phone to complain about not having internet connectivity(I believe it was a notification) and tell it to stay connected.
It's not the phone. I've tried it with my S23 Ultra, Fold4, and 14 Pro Max. No real differences. Stuff loads slowly or... it doesn't load at all.

It's not the phone. I've tried it with my S23 Ultra, Fold4, and 14 Pro Max. No real differences. Stuff loads slowly or... it doesn't load at all.
I tried it with 5g Lte enabled and connected and got your problem. The app specifically has a VPN option you can enable in the side menu before you connect to the camera.
Again, please retry it with 5G LTE disabled AND force the phone to stay connected to the viofo 5ghz wifi.

I tried it with 5g Lte enabled and connected and got your problem. The app specifically has a VPN option you can enable in the side menu before you connect to the camera.
Again, please retry it with 5G LTE disabled AND force the phone to stay connected to the viofo 5ghz wifi.
I'll give it a go. Not ideal though. @VIOFO-Support got a fix for this?

So it's nothing to do with cellular. I tried it off, on... nothing. And I've come to find I have lost a file completely that was supposed to be locked. Apparently when you push the button to lock a file (I use the BT one) it doesn't lock and ejects the file or something of the sort. It is not on the DC app roll OR the card. At all.

explorer_XpKheV7FWh.png

As you can see, 840 and 845 are missing completely. I am not sure which one I locked, or both, but they are gone from all records. Originally the 845 one showed in the app, but is now gone from the SD card.

IMG-0367.PNGIMG-0368.PNG
It has also stopped working completely with ALL of my 512GB cards. I took it out and reinserted and it refuses to record with it. It actually freezes and I have to pull the power cord. Had to go back to a 256GB.

I'm not going to lie, I'm getting quite fed up with this DC. I shouldn't be losing important or possibly critical records.

So it's nothing to do with cellular. I tried it off, on... nothing. And I've come to find I have lost a file completely that was supposed to be locked. Apparently when you push the button to lock a file (I use the BT one) it doesn't lock and ejects the file or something of the sort. It is not on the DC app roll OR the card. At all.

View attachment 64730

As you can see, 840 and 845 are missing completely. I am not sure which one I locked, or both, but they are gone from all records. Originally the 845 one showed in the app, but is now gone from the SD card.

View attachment 64731View attachment 64732
It has also stopped working completely with ALL of my 512GB cards. I took it out and reinserted and it refuses to record with it. It actually freezes and I have to pull the power cord. Had to go back to a 256GB.

I'm not going to lie, I'm getting quite fed up with this DC. I shouldn't be losing important or possibly critical records.
Tagging @VIOFO-Support

View attachment 64730

View attachment 64731View attachment 64732

Ok now this is even more strange behavior, I'll stick with 256GB too then, What a shame, they sell 512GB cards and there is strange behavior with their latest model. I hope @viofo can get this figured out.

Yup, same here… I’m getting more than annoyed with the bugs on this A139 Pro to the point I’m considering returning it & going with a Blackview or ThinkWare.

Saw someone bump into my car in the parking lot today (& quickly take off, as expected w/ these kind of people) hard enough to set off the car alarm (only a scuff mark on the bumper fortunately). Couldn’t review footage via the app due it timing out, had to wait until I got home to pull the SD card & manually review footage with my MacBook. Then I find the relevant video files to be completely missing when I do get home, but did find the 6,000+ parking mode videos showing absolutely nothing happening inside my nearly pitch black closed garage (video motion sensitivity is set to “low”).

Issues like this make the A139 Pro a complete waste of money, as well as makes the device mostly unusable for less tech savvy / new folks. The better image quality fails to add any value if the device doesn’t perform its basic rudimentary functions properly.

I’ll recommend to my friends to NOT purchase this dashcam until the problems get fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.png
    IMG_2431.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I’ll recommend to my friends to NOT purchase this dashcam until the problems get fixed.

Heading into my 13th year of owning dash cams I've learned never to purchase a new camera until all the kinks get sorted out (assuming they can be sorted out). This usually means it should be in consumers hands for at least 6 months, maybe even longer for expensive cameras sporting new technology and lots of bells and whistles. Being able to monitor people's experiences on this forum is one of the most valuable things about this place.

Heading into my 13th year of owning dash cams I've learned never to purchase a new camera until all the kinks get sorted out (assuming they can be sorted out). This usually means it should be in consumers hands for at least 6 months, maybe even longer for expensive cameras sporting new technology and lots of bells and whistles. Being able to monitor people's experiences on this forum is one of the most valuable things about this place.
You are certainly correct.

However, I would argue that it is a really bad look on Viofo any way you look at it. Out of all the Blackvue DC's I have owned, I have never, ever had an issue like this to the point I lose a file. They have their own issues when new, but nothing to this extreme. I went with this DC for the quality of imagery it provides over the Blackvue, but it is really starting to look like I should have stuck with Blackvue and taken the small quality hit.

@VIOFO-Support can you look into this? This is a critical issue. You made a great DC in all other aspects, but it's worthless if it's not going to record what we NEED it to record.

You are certainly correct.

However, I would argue that it is a really bad look on Viofo any way you look at it. Out of all the Blackvue DC's I have owned, I have never, ever had an issue like this to the point I lose a file. They have their own issues when new, but nothing to this extreme. I went with this DC for the quality of imagery it provides over the Blackvue, but it is really starting to look like I should have stuck with Blackvue and taken the small quality hit.

@VIOFO-Support can you look into this? This is a critical issue. You made a great DC in all other aspects, but it's worthless if it's not going to record what we NEED it to record.

I have confidence that @viofo will sort this out. Many dash cam manufacturers leave buyers hanging and simply move onto their next product launch. Viofo generally doesn't do that sort of thing. Sometimes problems only become apparent after enough people start using the camera once it is released to the market. Also, keep in mind that Viofo clearly states right on their A139 Pro FAQ - "The camera supports cards up to 512GB, and a 128GB/256GB card is relatively more stable". So they are suggesting a 512 GB card indeed might run into an issue. For now why not switch to one of their recommended 256 GB cards and wait for a solution? (@Vortex Radar recommends the 256 GB SanDisk Max Endurance.)

Just an observation but I'm getting the impression that this is a problem downloading either 256Gb or 512Gb to a mobile/cell phone ?

I've never even considered downloading to a phone, is a phone the weak link here ?

Back